Whether you believe it or not
In figure skating world:
1) Some federations have always been stronger than others. A Russian specialist once told me that, in this world, money does not matter as much as you think. It’s the power and politics that matter most in some cases.
2) Many small federations follow bigger federations cause that’s how big powers use their influence in this world. Some powerful judges and coaches use their words to attack people they don’t like or to support people they want.
3) Figure skating is mostly about mastering the skills of controlling the blades, it is not just about the jumps.
4) If one does not understand what a counter or rocker is, do not take their comments on transitions seriously.
5) Many federations and judges still believe that the American market, and to a lesser extent, the European market, might help ISU save figure skating world from decline. Personally, I do not share the same belief with them.
6) If you think judging has always been fair, good for you. Not my belief but whatever.
7) Knowing all of that, I still stick to this sport, I still follow competitions, I still go to ISU seminars, I still support skaters I like. Because the beauty of figure skating can still stand alone regardless of the political games in the background.