I understand. Let's say just get up in the morning, get some breakfast, go for a walk...and that's it for a start.
*internally: sounds reasonable, but that means first fighting against my will to just stay in bed and act as if I'm not existing. Getting up either way and facing my face and body in the mirror. There's an 80% chance that it's one of those days and I hate myself just so fucking much I could scream. But there's also a chance I look in the mirror and find a person that does not seem to be familiar to me looking back at me. Still, now you want me to shower and wash this body I find really disgusting. I have to see every single scar I have and maybe feel the burn of fresh cuts. Then I have to put on cloth, brush my teeth and my hair and do my makeup, as I can't go outside without hiding my ugly face under layers of primers and foundations and powders and highlighters and fake lashes and a perfect contour and a big nude fake smile. I spend money I don't have to make myself look good enough for myself to endure my own appearance. I remember to take my meds. Now I'm dressed (in clothes that hopefully say 'i don't care' when really I care a lot) and can go to the kitchen to prepare food that I know I won't be able to eat in 50% of the cases. There's also a good chance that I eat it and then find myself throwing up and ruining my makeup feeling every single disgusting cell of fat on my body vibrate while trying to breathe. Well either way let's say I might redo my make-up, brush my teeth again and step outside. I maybe take my horse with me and walk through the neighbourhood. I have to see people. I feel anxious. I would love to just turn around and go back home. But I keep on walking, trying to seem selfconfident so my horse and neighbours can't see or feel my insecurity. I'll try to be friendly and act normal even though I'm sure they hate me and laugh about me. Still if the communication between my horse and me isn't perfect today I'll probably cry and if a neighbour just looks at me in a way that i interpret to be unfriendly or cold or annoyed I'll probably cry too. Let's say I'm back home. Now it's like 11 in the morning. What do I do? By now I'm an emotional wreck, tired as hell, probably planing on how to harm myself with one half of my brain while the other half bundles it's last energy to prevent exactly this from happening. How do I survive the rest?*
A unique and beautiful new find from China of vivid, powder-blue hemimorphite botryoids highlighted or outlined by preferential bands of blue veszelyite. The hemimorphite is translucent. Veszelyite is a rare phosphate. This find was recovered in 2008 and appeared at the 2008 Munich Show.
Laochang ore field (Laochang Mine), Eastern Sub-district, Gejiu Sn-polymetallic deposit, Gejiu Co., Honghe Autonomous Prefecture, Yunnan Province, China
Woozi + helping him remove makeup cause apparently he has difficulty doing that
Jihoon sat on the toilet lid of your bathroom, his eyes closed and lips curved upwards. He was still wearing the sweatpants and loose college shirt he had come back home in, and was waiting to have a shower a bit later.
“Thank you for doing this,” he said, voice low and showing just how tired he was, and you shook your head while moving the cleansing wipe that you had already had to change once around his face to get the foundation, highlighter, powder and whatever else there was off his face before you’d move on to the other parts.
“It’s fine, really. Anything to make sure your skin stays young, you know,” you laughed and took the wipe around his face one more time before finding a clean corner and bringing it to Jihoon’s left eyelid. “I’ll remove the eye shadow and eyeliner now, alright?”
As per usual, you only managed to smudge the makeup, and ended up grabbing a cotton pad and makeup removal instead. Sighing, you finally managed to remove the eye shadow and eyeliner. “I keep forgetting.”
“I don’t mind,” Jihoon said with a small smile, keeping his eyes closed until you told him you were done with them. You threw the pad to the bin and looked at Jihoon’s lips, slightly tinted red, which you knew wasn’t exactly natural.
“And then your lips,” you hummed quietly, grabbing the makeup removal wipe, and while Jihoon expected you to swipe it over his lips, you surprised him by bringing your lips to his instead. He replied to the kiss with a wide smile on his lips, and grinned when you pulled away.
“I guess you can remove the tint like that as well.”
Hey loves, this masterpost was partially requested and I’m so excited. I recommend to do your research before buying the dupe, some of the dupes are better than others. Some brands are repeated. Here is a dupe masterpost for MAC lipsticks. Here is a dupe masterpost for liquid lipsticks. Here is a spreadsheet of Coastal Scents eyeshadows to MAC eyeshadow dupes. Most of these dupes I found online so I do not take credit for any of those but some I researched myself. This is under read more because this list is very long. :) If you have any more dupes or questions, feel free to send them in.
🍫🍫🍫😍 Love this tutorial by @destinyy.mua ! #CocoaSwatches #Repost
Brows: @shuuemura : Gel liner in brown
Primer: @lancomeofficial La Base Pro perfecting primer
FOUNDATION: @clinique Even better in espresso
Concealer : @lagirlcosmetics pro concealer on espresso & Fawn
Under Eye powder: @clinique stay matte powder in brandy
Baking powder: @sachacosmetics buttercup powder
Contour : @narsissist “coconut grove eyeshadow & @beccacosmetics powder foundation in Cacao”
Highlight : @anastasiabeverlyhills That glow kit “golden bronze ”
Lips: black liner @beccacosmetics watermelon beach tint & @lancombeofficial juicy tube in tickled pink
Setting spray : @lorealusa Infallible makeup extender spray #katvond #sachabuttercup #lorealinfallible #brownmelaninmua #lagirlcosmetics #playbeautifully #beccacosmetics #becca #makeupartistsworldwide #nyxcosmetics #revlon #nyx #wetnwildbeauty #anastasiabeverlyhills #norvina #goshcopenhagen #ArdellLashes #makeupformelaningirls @blackgirlmakeup_videos
Song : Mbilia Bel - Nairobi
umm this is a weird ask. But I noticed on your selfies that you have nice makeup. Do you have any tips? What primer are you using? 🙈 Sorry if this is strange?
It’s not strange at all don’t worry! I feel flattered. Also I’m pretty sure I’ve answered this before but I can’t find it so, I’ll just say it again. (warning: it’ll be long lol).
1. Your face is your canvas, prep it properly: This one’s really important wether you believe it or not. I find that washing, exfoliating and moisturizing my face fifteen to twenty minutes before applying does a world of a difference. The foundation application will be much smoother and flawless. Make sure you use a moisturizer that’s not too thick and sinks into the skin quickly and don’t forget to wait those 15/20 mins so it doesn’t make the foundation look streaky.
2. Understand your skin type: Are you dry, oily, normal or combination skin? Your foundation and powder of choice should depend on this. Oily skin-types tend to work better with matte foundations and dry skin types work better with glowy foundations. Personally, I’m combo skin, I love the Makeup Forever Ultra HD foundation, it’s build-able coverage and in my opinion flatters all skin types, plus it has a wide color range.
3. Apply SPF if you’re going out during the day, protect your skin. If you’re going out at night, this isn’t necessary. I advice to stay away from foundations that have spf in them, since they can make you look ghostly-white in flash photography, it’s better to buy your own spf and apply it when you see fit.
4. Apply primer before the foundation, your primer of choice depends on what you need, want to make your foundation glow? Becca backlight primer. Want to smooth your pores? MUFE skin equalizer in smoothing. Just want a regular primer that will do a little of both? Too faced Hangover FX primer. Primer will also protect your skin by creating a layer between your pores and the makeup and it’ll make the makeup last longer. Apply it with your fingers, don’t swipe it, press it into the skin.
5. Foundation time. One tip I can give you is pump your foundation in the back of your hand and with a (clean) finger make a little cocktail (aka warm the liquid up) and then apply it to the skin. It makes it last longer for some reason. Also, don’t dot the foundation on, instead evenly distribute it on your skin and THEN blend it out with your tool of choice. The finish is much better that way. I recommend investing in a beauty blender for foundation application (specially if the foundation is medium to full coverage, since the wet beauty blender will absorb extra product and prevent cakey-ness, if it’s a light coverage foundation, a kabuki brush may be a better choice since that way it won’t thin out even more) either way, blend your foundation with bouncy motions, not by swiping, it’ll blend more beautifully that way and you’ll get maximum coverage.
6. Time for concealer, if the concealer you’re using is for blemishes on your face, then it should be the tone of your skin (or maybe a shade darker) and you should only apply a dot on each blemish. If you’re using concealer for your undereye circles and to highlight the face (which brings definition and makes your bone structure pop up) then it should be one or two shades lighter than your skin. Good concealers are Maybelline Fit Me! Or Tarte Shape-Tape (the latter has much more coverage). Apply it on your undereye in a triangular shape and bring it all the way to your temples for a lifting effect (unless you want to make your face appear less wide; then contour that area later on instead). Before you blend it out, warm it up with your fingers on the skin and spread it evenly just like you did with the foundation and then blend it with bouncy motions from the outside to the inside and then from the inside to the outside (always bouncing). Also apply the concealer on your forehead, bridge of the nose, Cupid’s bow and chin (unless you don’t wish to bring attention to them).
7. Set your concealer immediately after, if you’re highlighting and contouring, then do it with a powder lighter than your skin or bake with a translucent powder (like the one by Laura Mercier). You can also bake, which if you want to do that (it makes it last longer) I suggest you watch Jaclyn Hill’s video on how to bake. (YouTube). When applying powder, press it into the skin with your brush or beauty blender, don’t swipe. Apply the highlighting (matte) powder beneath the eyes and basically all the other high points (nose, forehead, etc). Always set concealer so it doesn’t crease on the fine lines.
8. Apply a powder the same shade as your skin on the rest of your face to set it with the same pressing motions. You can skip it if you feel like your face is too dry for that (in this case, a helpful tip is to mix a bit of beauty oil with your foundation to make it more hydrating). I always recommend setting the foundation with powder because it helps blending bronzer and blush later on.
9. Apply your broker, blush and glittery highlight as you see fitting, followed oby eyeliner and mascara.
10. If you’re doing eyeshadow, do it before you do your entire face so the fall out you get from eyeshadow doesn’t ruin your base. ALWAYS blend till it seems like one smooth lie and ALWAYS prep your eyes with some concealer or eyeshadow primer (make sure to set it with a skin tone powder or cream colored eyeshadow so you can easily blend out darker colors later on).
11. Do your brows before foundation and before eyeshadow too. Then clean them up with some concealer and a tiny detail brush. Set them with brow gel. The best brow products are by ABH.
12. Invest in good makeup brushes: zoeva, morphe, sigma, etc.
13. USE SETTING SPRAY. It’ll melt all the powders together and make it look like skin, plus the makeup will last longer.
So my Sephora is small and it was kinda hard to get the palettes but y'all they have an employee stand in the walkway near the perfumes and they can look over all the stands. It was crowded so it was easier to grab and go. The stores this haul includes is Forever 21, Zumiez, Ross, Sally’s, Walmart, VS/PINK, and Sephora.
I save the best for last and I know you guys see that FENTY box. See I didn’t lift these but these were bought with money I got from boosting and guys they are so fuckin sexy.