The techniques Australian artist Kate Shaw is using to create her wonderful works are pretty unique: first, she pours skins of acrylic paint and lets them form naturally; then she looks for landscapes within these abstract forms to cut and reassemble.
The outcome are collages that remind you of natural landscapes, showing trees, mountains and lakes, but still giving you a surreal sensation. Each piece exudes the undeniable and powerful force that the rolling hills and mountains hold.
Substitutions in magick and spellwork is where you replace an ingredient for a spell with another due to lack of the listed ingredient. This is often done when a witch does not have specific plants, herbs or crystals on hand for when working a spell. This is a very common practice especially when individuals are on a budget or are still “in the forest” so unable to get specific ingredients. This is also done when a spell calls for an obscure or hard to find or even endangered herb/plant such as white sage, mugwort, nightshade, wormwood, wolfsbane and other harder to come by plants that one could not normally find in a store or local gardens.
White Candles for any candle color
Rosemary for any herb/plant
Table Salt for any salt
Tap Water for any water
Clear Quartz for any crystal
Black Tea for any tea
Rose for any flower
Tobacco for any toxic herb/plant
Sage Incense for any incense
Olive Oil for any oil/carrier oil
Frankincense for any gum resin
Lemon for any citrus
Apple for any fruit
There are things in each “category” of ingredients for spells that are used for general over all substitution. Though these ingredients below can substitute for anything in their given category it does not mean that they are the best items to use for substitution in every spell. Why is that? Simply because each ingredient has different correspondences and though these items are “general” they have their own correspondences which can very much be different from what the spell is corresponding to.
An Example: Rosemary corresponds with protection, love, lust, mental powers, exorcism, purification, healing, sleep, youth. If you are using it in a spell for money it may not work as well as it would to substitute the missing herb with another herb that corresponds with money, wealth and prosperity. This is why the list above is simply for if you are in a pinch and you have absolutely nothing else to substitute in for it.
This is why it is better to go with intent based substitutions, for they tend to correspond better with the spell and are more likely to be successful. It is very easy to figure out other ingredients that work with a spell by seeing if the ingredient corresponds with the intent, such as does this crystal correspond with love in anyway? If so it is a good substitute for a love spell, if it doesn’t then it is a poor choice. This part is where you need to research yourself to ensure you are substituting things properly. Research the correspondences of what you have and see if they match with the spell you wish to find a substitute for.
Reworking is the process of changing the actions, procedures and steps of a spell to cater to either one’s own situation or to work with ingredients that have been substituted or are missing. Reworking works hand and hand with substitution. The reason this is, is because sometimes when we substitute ingredients we can no longer use the same processes done in the spell. This is common when we substitute something such as a water safe crystal with a non-water safe crystal for a potion or substituting an edible plant with a toxic one in an edible spell.
Here is an example scenario that will show us both the process of standard substitution and reworking.
A Spell for Protection requires you to have a bowl of water and some aloe. The process of the spell is soaking the aloe in the water for a short time then rubbing the herb on your wrists and forehead. You wish to do this spell but you have come across the problem of having no aloe. Below are some examples of how to substitute with this spell and how to rework it when necessary.
Solution Example: You happen to have mint which also corresponds with protection. Mint is a non-toxic plant and it is good for your skin as well as smells quite nicely. So you easily replace the aloe leaves with mint leaves instead and go about the spell as the steps instructs. This is an example of substitution that does not require any sort of reworking.
Solution Example: You have blueberries which correspond with protection that you can use though you would rather not rub blueberries onto your skin leaving a sticky stained mess. This is where reworking is required. Blueberries are edible so instead you soak the blueberries in the water and instead eat the blueberries and then use the water to anoint yourself.
Solution Example: You have wolfsbane but it’s highly toxic and should definitely not be soaked in water, rubbed on your skin or ingested. This is a prime example of absolutely having to rework the spell for safety reasons. In this case it would perhaps be best to have the wolfsbane in a bowl and use its energy to mentally anoint yourself. This requires most likely reworking most if not all of the spell.
Reworking actions in witchcraft without substituting ingredients. This is most common due to a person’s situation or location making certain spells difficult to do. A very common example of this type of reworking would be reworking a spell to not have a burning process due to the witch being unable to use fire or burn objects due to their situation such as apartment or dorm living, lung sensitivity to smoke or having their own doubts about being able to work safely with fire due to one reason or another. Below are some suggested reworking actions for common things that some people are unable to do for one reason or another.
Substitutes for Burning: tearing/shredding, soaking in water (if safe), burying (if safe), pouring ink onto, scribbling out, erasing, crumpling or crushing, painting over, pouring wax over, cutting up via scissors, taping up
Substitutes for Ingestion: water soaking, meditation with item nearby, energy work via harnessing the item’s energy, burning (if safe), touch/holding (if safe)
Substitutes for Speaking/Chanting: thought/mental chanting, written word, gesture/sign language, listening to music with lyrics that correspond with spell/intent, air writing with finger
Reworking for Spoonies
Often spells can be too draining for those with “limited spoons” to use. In these cases, reworking a spell may often become necessary to make it easier on the witch casting it. In cases of this, certain gestures or steps may be too draining or difficult for the witch to perform due to physical or mental health. First off, this is nothing to be ashamed of, it’s okay if some things make you too uncomfortable or are just too difficult for you to do. There’s no reason to feel like you can’t do spellwork because of it. You can still do the spell by reworking the areas that you have difficulty in.
An example of this could be that a spell requires a lot of movement, gestures and chanting to do. As someone with limited energy you may not be able to exhaust so much of it by moving around like that. Instead you could examine the spell and see why that part may be required, if it is a spell to bring energy or motivation it may be added as a step to help encourage and invigorate the caster but making it difficult for you. Instead you can in this case find something that you find gives you a bit of a “pep in your step” that won’t exhaust you as much. An example may be music, listening to exhilarating and upbeat music can get the energy flowing instead so removing the chanting and dancing with loud energy filled music playing as you cast the spell is an excellent solution.
Another example may be that a witch has some lung and breathing difficulties making it very difficult for them to burn things or use incense due to it affecting their airways. In this case, the witch can examine what the spell is having them burn such as a spell for money having them burn basil and chamomile. Instead this witch can choose to soak the herbs into water or place them in a bowl near an open window to let the breeze spread their energy. Or even simply turning the spell into a sachet or jar spell instead of a burning one.
Personalization of Spells
To personalize a spell is to put your own personal touch onto it. This may include adding an additional step, adding ingredients or substituting ingredients not out of necessity but out of personal preference.
Examples of personalizing spells:
Adding the extra ingredient of rice to a money spell because you see rice as very closely related to money in your own personal practice
Adding a chant to a silent spell because you prefer chanting to get into the “witchy spirit” of the spell
Changing the spell’s written language because it is not your native one/you prefer using a different language for witchcraft
Changing the sigil in the spell to one of your personal sigils that you have a better association to the intent with
Replacing clear quartz with citrine for an energy spell because you prefer the energy of citrine over clear quartz
There are many ways to customize and personalize a spell to make it so it works better for you on a personal level. It is something that you will find easier to do with time once you have discovered the ingredients and methods of witchcraft that you prefer doing.
*note: reworking/personalizing a spell does not make it fully yours. If you wish to post this reworked/personalized spell please link it to the original or source the original seeing it was someone else’s work that you modified here and there for your own needs. It’s just polite to credit people for their work.
operation i forgot that i had FLAMMABLE paint right before i had to go through security for a flight home
i had 1 hour to use as much as i could and these photos are some of the results
i was devastated thinking i had to use everything quickly and then throw out the originals (takes around 2+ hours to dry and 10 for it to be truly dry) but a security guard liked them so much he decided he wanted to keep them
i still had paint left so i very quickly taught him how to use it so he could take the remaining paint home for his son to try
so i guess this story ends well after all
here’s some of the other (old) paint pours peppered between illustrations:link
Sincerely Three x Reader w/ a High Sex Drive HCs (part Three!)
Requested by Anon
- Connor swore that there was no better high than weed, until he met you.
- you kinda forced him to talk to you, you’d start talking and he’d have no choice but to respond. Slowly he actually became you friend, he gave you his number, you guys would get breakfast before school.
- You help keep him steady, he’d go to school daily to see you, he’d do all of his work because you would be so happy and proud when he got good grades, he stopped smoking cigs (but not weed).
- you two were originally going to be friends with benefits.
- “When was the last time you got laid Murphy?"
- "What the actual fuck?"
- "When was the last time you got your dick wet?”
- “I have a proposition!”
- Connor’s family was going to visit his relatives this weekend and Connor said ‘fuck you I’m not going’ so his house was empty except him this weekend. You two planned to hook up on Saturday.
- You got Chinese food and watched some movies, Connor seemed nervous, so you decided to ease his stress ;)
- You moved closer to him, and start to whisper in his ear, while running a hand up and down his chest. You pulled his ear lobe between your teeth, and let your hand drop from his chest to his Bulge.
- My god did this boy have some sexy fucking moans. His voice got deep and gravely, he’d throw his head back while his body lifted into your touch.
- Hands. E V E R Y W H E R E. He’d touch every inch of bare skin he could find, stripping you in the process. You’d do the exact same but more needy, he was slow, taking in every inch of you. You wanted him, bad.
- You were especially good at finding all of his sweet spots. Where on his neck he was weak for hickies, if you drag your finger nails on just the right spot on his side he gets goosebumps, if you pull his hair he’ll be putty in your hands.
- He was scared at first, he treated you like porcelain, he was scared to go hurt you and make you leave. But you made it clear to him that you could take quite the beating during sex ;);)
- You topped in the beginning but Connor liked to be in control, and to be honest he was good at it. He new how to hold you, where to touch you, where to kiss you, when to leave a hickie.
- My god did this boy like giving you hickies. All over your neck, collar bones, breasts, stomach, hips, thighs, and in the morning he’d take a marker and trace them into constellations.
- Holy shit does this boy like getting his hair pulled.
- You and Connor we going at it and Connor needed you, all of you. He grabbed your leg and pulled it over his shoulder, thrusting himself as deep as he could go. He was hitting your G-spot over and over and over agian. You were shaking as you felt your orgasm build up inside you, you needed something, anything, to hold on to, anything to bring you back down to earth. You dug your nails into Connor’s back, but between all of his quick thrusts and gasps for air, your nails dragged down, leaving red trails in their wake. Connor’s head fell into your chest, pressing his face into your cleavage. Your hands flew into his hair, and as he pushed himself deep into you, as he hit the most sensitive part of your entire being, you pulled his hair, hard. He let out the sexiest, loudest moan, and sped up is thrusts.
- “Do you have a fucking hair pulling kink, Murphy?!”
- His response was to throw you into another fit of intense pleasure, causing you to pull his hair again.
- “Oh fuck Connor. OH FUCK OOOH CONNOR FUCK, YOU LIKE THAT?” You screamed as you felt your body coming to a climax.
- Connor literally collapsed after he came, barley getting the condom off before curling into you and holding you as he fell asleep.
- This was only supposed to be friends with benefits, that wasn’t how this ended. Tonight you and Connor fought for dominance, and after a long ;) battle, you were on top. You were riding Connor’s dick and tugging his hair, he was putty for you to mold how ever you want.
- His hips lifted to meet yours and you’d hands flew all over your body, he was moaning and whimpering your name. You sped up your pace and started leaving hickies on his collar bones. As he came closer to his orgasm he started to form sentences.
- “OH GOD (y/n), PRINCESS FUCK, OH I FUCKING LOVE IT WHEN YOU RIDE ME, OH FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK,” he yelled as he approached his climax.
- “Oh god (y/n) I love you. I love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou so much,” he gasped as he came.
- You came and once you rode out your orgasm you stood up and left his room. You composed yourself in his bathroom and came back out to find him crying at the edge of his bed. You couldn’t help yourself, you threw yourself onto him. “I love you too Connor. I love you too. Maybe we should try this. Try us,” you whispered.
~ Random Headcanon shit ~
- He definitely calls you Princess, and treats you like one after you two have sex. He holds you tightly, kisses you softly all over, and rubs your back until you fall asleep.
- he gets really thirsty after sex, so when you know you two will be having some bomb ass sex (and you always do. Constantly) you leave two bottles of water on his bed side table.
- Due to the fact that you’re always ready to have sex, and Connor has trouble refusing you. You’ve had sex on just about every surface in the Murphy house hold. It’s almost become a game to you, where is the next most inappropriate place to fuck today? You lead Connor into different rooms and than seduce him and end up giving him some snarky memories. Every time he has Go into his fathers office all he can remember is the way you screamed while he made you came on that desk. (He also remembers you jerking him off and it getting all over the desk (he left some spots there to confuse his father))
- Connor is a nasty motherfucker. He loves dirty talk, but he hates when you do it in public.
- “I fuck you to fuck me right here, right now, on this desk in front of this whole class,” you’d whisper in his ear.
- You made art class a living hell some days.
- “Ooh Connor paint me like one of your French Girls,”
- “Fuck off (Y/n),”
- “God I just want to clear all of those paintings off that table and have you fuck me,"
- "God leave me alone!"
- Your best was when you "accidentally” poured some blue paint in his lap, he instantly tried to wipe it off with his hands, you grabbed the one smock with red paint all over it.
- “Hey baby wanna make purple?” You mewled into his ear.
- “You know I never thought I’d be interested in smacking your ass. But right now I think I’m gonna punish you when we get home,” he growled back.
- You never realized how sexy that could be ;)))
- Connor F U CKIN G HA TES business dinners, but once he could take you as his date things got a lot better.
- you’d tease him endlessly, palming him under the table, pressing your chest against him, upon other things.
- a slow song began and you practically dragged Connor to the dance floor, and at the end of your dance you lifted the collar of his white dress shirt and kissed the inside corner. Leaving a light pink kiss stain on it.
- This became the sign that moments from then, you’d disappear and have sex somewhere.
- He is the weakest of the three when it comes to your sexual advances. He tries to ignore you but you know his weakness (black lingerie ;))
- He’s also probably the most vanilla as well, he prefers trying new positions, and new ways of touching and talking than buying sex toys or trying BDSM. He’s very afraid of hurting you. You usually are the one to bring in more intense ways of banging.
- Anal????? For either of you????
- Definitely having a three way at some point. MMF or FFM. But Connor gets kinda possessive, he wants to be the one making you cum.
- (Wow that was hypocritical wasn’t it. Connor is vanilla, but anal and threeways??). You enjoy experimenting and Connor will try anything once for you. You throw ideas at the wall and some things stick some don’t.
- You are kinda freaky, and sometimes it gives Connor a fright. To be honest he thinks you’re in over your head at times, but he loves you with his entire being. (You also are each other’s only impulse control, y'all need each other)
I hate it. I hate all of it. All of the stupid yoga classes, and plants on windowsills, and days spent at the gym. The cookie cutter couple, the polished looks, the fucking painting classes after brunch. It’s all bullshit. This idea of a perfect life, the ideal life, the life where you have your shit together. The life where your shit is so together that you have time to drink wine and go to soul cycle every weekend. Screw that. You can’t take a pile of trash, pour paint on it, and say it’s art. You can’t cover up the fact that you are human. You are so human. I think that everyone is just as fucked up as the next person and we’d all be better off if we stopped pretending to be okay and we admit how screwed up we really are. Maybe then we’d all really have a way to know each other. You’re scared the ‘love of your life’ might not really be the one? Let’s talk about that. You think you’re family is falling apart? Tell me all about it. I don’t want to talk about the weather over coffee and pastries. I want to talk about pain and life and love over tears and laughs. I want to be real, don’t you?
late night thoughts // An Excerpt From A Book I’ll Never Write #18
I finally edited some more of my acrylic ‘pour paintings’. Well, only the top one is a pour. The others are what I’ve been calling ‘presses’. Which is simply trying to reuse the excess paint by smushing a piece of cardstock into it, which sometimes results in really messy and cool stuff.
I’m planning to try to record some paintings :) I love watching others on youtube so I figured I could record my own too. And I saw a few new techniques and tricks I want to try. :D
Anyhoo from left to right, top to bottom I named ‘em: Cobalt Pour, Scorch Press X3, Rainbow Press, Scorch Press, Rainbow Press X3.
Chapters: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Words: 5.5k Genre: Angst, Multiple Personality!Au Summary: Jeon Jungkook is a puzzle with too many missing pieces from his past and too many sides. Somehow, it’s become your job to solve him. → Inspired by the Korean Drama - Kill Me Heal Me Warnings: Topics of mental health, mentions of death and medical disorders. Disclaimer: Although this piece of work required lots of in-depth research and was attempted to be as accurate as possible, at the end of the day, I am not a psychologist and this is fanfiction. Specific things may be altered or exaggerated for story-telling purposes. Please take all medical terminologies and procedures with a grain of salt.
“You need us.” “Jungkook.” “We’re only trying to help you.”
He bolts straight up, only to fall off the mattress and onto the hard ground. The thin, cardinal curtains are closed, trickles of sunlight pouring in and painting the unfamiliar room in a hue of crimson. His head is pounding and his eyes are swollen; he doesn’t know where he is or who he is.
As you watched Fred use the rolling brush to paint on the white wall, you couldn’t stop yourself from laughing because of his obvious annoyance about the way the two of you weren’t allowed to use magic in summer — since it was stated in the law that wizards below seventeen weren’t allowed to use magic outside of school.
“Bloody hell, Y/N, if I didn’t love you, I wouldn’t be tolerating this.” said Fred upon hearing your laughter inside the big room.
You got up from your current position, which was just below the ladder he was on, where you were doing your own painting.
“I know, Freddie.” you grinned. “Thank you again. You didn’t have to do this but you did.”
He looked at you, “It’s the least I could do for your parents who welcomed me so warmly. Also, I may or may not be doing this to get on their good side.” he winked before working on his part of the wall again.
You snorted and continued to paint.
It was the summer before your seventh year with Fred and he gladly volunteered to help when you wrote to him saying that you were about to paint a whole room by yourself as part of your household chores. Of course, your muggle family was delighted to have him over as well, the ginger haired Weasley honestly already on their good side because of his kind and funny nature.
Just as you were about to glide the brush on the clean wall, multiple of blue paint suddenly dropped on your hair, and in the next second, it seemed like half of the can of paint fell down on you.
“Fred …” you spoke in between deep breaths.
“Oh, crap, Y/N, I swear that was an accident.” he rushed down, holding the can and placing it on the ground.
When you looked at him, you could see that he was trying hard to suppress a laugh.
You slowly chuckle, “Oh, you think this is funny, huh?” you exclaimed, stepping closer only for him to step back when you did so.
Fred raised his eyebrows. “Love, don’t do it.”
“Don’t do what?” you asked innocently, a hand now on your hair as you attempt to get some paint on your fingertips.
With a playful smirk, you practically tackled him unguarded which resulted into the two of you landing on the floor. Fred groaned as he was the one under and therefore was the one who felt the impact, his hands secured on your waist while you took the chance to get some paint on his face.
Fred laughed, “Y/N, stop!” he shouted quite loudly, his grip now on your wrists to stop you from making more damage. “Damn, woman. When the Sorting Hat placed you in Gryffindor, it didn’t say to live up to its symbol and pounce like a lion.” he chuckled.
You sat up, still strangling his hips. “It’s your fault. You’re the one who poured this filthy paint on me.” you sighed, thankful that the paint used could be removed by water.
“I told you, I didn’t mean it.” he sent you a goofy smile. “Though, I’m glad it happened. I mean, look at out position right now.” Fred wiggled his eyebrows.
"Very cheeky, Weasley.“ you moved away from your position to instead sit beside him where he was still laying down with his face covered in paint.
You reached out to him again and drew a mustache above his lip, laughing.
Fred rolled his eyes, sitting up as well. "Enjoying yourself, are you?”
“I always enjoy myself when I’m with you.” you said, winking at him.
He snorted before leaning down to kiss your lips sweetly. “Can’t deny I feel the same way. You know how much I love you, right?”
“No, not really.”
Fred quirked an eyebrow, “Is that an excuse to make me kiss you again?” but he was already starting to lean in like seconds ago.
You shrugged. “Maybe.”
"Hmm,“ he was staring at your mouth,"it’s kinda working.”
You pressed your lips onto his and he hastily kissed back, a hand automatically making its way to your waist to pull you closer. You chuckled at his sudden eagerness, now running your fingers through his red hair which was now tinted with blue.
Kissing Fred always seemed to put you into another world. At that moment, everything around you was slowly fading away and the only thing that you were concentrating on was his lips and his hands. He practically drove you crazy, and he knew that he did.
He smirked, pulling away. “Someone’s coming.”
Indeed there was, and when you looked behind, your mom suddenly entered the room, her eyes widening at the sight of the two of you.
"Why the hell are you blue?“ she demanded.
Sharing a knowing glance with Fred, the both of you burst out laughing, unaware of your mom’s expression that had confusion written all over it; but it wasn’t long before she too smiled, realizing that what you had with Fred wasn’t just some fling — it was for a lifetime.