1.I want to write a apocalyspe/post-apocalypse story with NO dystopia (as in NO opprssion from goverment, as in NO maze runner/hunger games or divergent). Do you have any nice ideas aside from zombies, vampires or aliens? It would be cool if
2. It would be cool if there is some kind of “monster” there has to be fight.
A dystopia doesn’t necessarily mean an oppressive government, it’s a society that has degraded and left life rather unpleasant. I get what you were trying to say but I just wanted to clear that up for you :)
- A world where water is extremely scarce and any surviving bodies of water have been taken over by packs of animals. Going near one is surefire way to get eaten. (I know that isn’t a monster but it has fights, so does that work?)
- Do mutants work for you? Like if in your world an animal adapted to the harsh post-apocalypse by becoming much more resilient to the setting than any other animal, including humans, which makes it stronger, faster and better at fighting than anything else since everyone is struggling to survive as it is.
- The world enters another ice age. Much of the Arctic and Antarctic have yet to be explored so what if there were a creature living there and once the whole world becomes it’s habitat it starts to invade.
- An epidemic spreads that renders people completely insane. Not all are dangerous, some are just “off” but it can be hard to tell which ones are dangerous and which aren’t.