The opposite of love is not hate, it’s indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it’s indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it’s indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it’s indifference.
I’m finally able to help my loved ones and my friends again, whereas a month ago any requests for help from me would’ve cause a nervous breakdown and end up with my feeling like the scummiest person on the planet because I couldn’t even maintain proper friendships, I had to push most people out just to feel sane again.
Slowly but surely I’m working my way back up to the top. My relationship is going fucking fantastically, I have the most wonderful boyfriend, who even when I’m tearing my hair out from stress and getting myself in a me, he holds my hand, sticks by me and understands.
College has got me so excited, and I finally feel like I’ve found what I want to do with my life, career wise.
1. Seek to focus on what you want instead of what you don’t want: A mistake we tend to make when we’re faced with a problem is to think and talk about it all the time - instead of focusing our thinking on what we want instead.
2. Recognise that every problem comes with a lesson: There’s a lesson to be learned from all that happens to us. We can become a better person - even when things have gone wrong.
3. Don’t believe everything you think: Our problems aren’t as big as the mind tries to convince us. Don’t believe all those negative and self-defeating thoughts.
4. Choose to be grateful in everything: Although it’s hard to be grateful when things are going wrong, we can usually find something we can be grateful for - and the more we choose gratitude, the happier we’ll feel.
5. Let go of your need for perfection: If you try to be perfect in everything you do, you will always feel you’re failing, and you’ll live with constant stress. Do you best – as perfection’s not a realistic goal.
6. Let go of your resistance: Accept things as they are - you don’t always have to change them. Life’s not meant to be a struggle, or a constant battle ground.
8. Seek to be present in everything you do: When you give yourself completely to living in the moment, you’ll find that life is easier - and you feel much more relaxed.