The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassions, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.
Last week I set up a small crystal grid on my beautiful Nyxturna
altar tile to bring in some much needed protection + emotional
well-being + loving energy. The crystals I chose are selenite and rose
The Strawberry Moon is tomorrow!! Here’s what you need to know about June’s full moon!!
Alternate Names: Mead Moon, Moon of Horses, Lovers’ Moon, Strong Sun Moon, Honey Moon, Aerra Litha (Before Lithia), Brachmanoth (Break Month), Strawberry Moon, Rose Moon, Moon of Making Fat
Nature Spirits: sylphs, zephyrs
Herbs: skullcap, meadowsweet, vervain, tansy, dog grass, parsley, mosses
Colors: orange, golden-green
Flowers: lavender, orchid, yarrow
Scents: lily of the valley, lavender
Stones: topaz, agate, alexandrite, fluorite
Animals: monkey, butterfly, frog, toad
Birds: wren, peacock
Deities: Aine of Knockaine, Isis, Neith, Green Man, Cerridwen, Bendis, Ishtar
Power Flow: The leaves on the trees have returned, making the world a lush green! The frantic spring energy has been replaced by a lazy summer breeze. The animals are about, raising their young as food becomes plentiful. June’s full moon is about our dreams and inner visions. The summer energy calls us to explore, to visit the deep parts of the forest, to listen to and connect with our inner voice. It’s the perfect time to set goals for oneself, for tarot readings, starting a dream journal, and/or creating art!
I hope you all feel the curious power of the Strawberry moon tomorrow! Don’t be afraid to explore, both your surroundings and your inner self! Litha is less than 2 weeks away, breathe in that fresh summer air and ready your heart, spirit and mind for the summer solstice! Sending you all peace, love, light and positivity! Blessed be! 🍓🌕✨
“Failure should be our teacher, not our undertaker. Failure is delay, not defeat. It is a temporary detour, not a dead end. Failure is something we can avoid only by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing.” - Denis Waitley
1. Love and accept yourself as you are right now. Start a list to remind yourself of all your wonderful qualities. Add to it every day. Example: I am the most positive person I know.
2. Free yourself from past resentments and disappointments about who you were yesterday. Stop engaging in self-blame and guilt for past acts and omissions. Today is the first day of the rest of your life. Revel in it. As Scrooge announced on Christmas morning, “I am not the man I was!”
3. Let go of any and all resentment you’re hanging onto about everyone and everything else. Stop looking for reasons to criticize and blame others for their acts and omissions. Let go of your desire to control others. The past is gone. It is what it is, and cannot be changed. Let it go.
4. Stop giving your power away. Use your time, energy, and vitality wisely. Every time you choose to focus on a negative, you are depleting your reserves rather than re-charging your batteries. Focus on circulating and re-circulating positive, life-affirming ideas.
5. Use creative visualization and your imagination to your advantage, not your detriment. Instead of picturing worst case scenarios, see things as you want them to be. Visualize yourself doing things in a state of perfect health. Visualize ideal outcomes and happy endings, not dire consequences.
6. Do not speak of your illness, or dis-ease with others. The more attention you place on what you don’t want in your life, the more energy it absorbs. Remove your attention from your dis-ease. Put your focus and attention on the things in your life that make you feel good. Starve your illness and dis-ease by refusing to dwell on them.
7. Love is the antidote to fear. If you appreciate the many blessings in your life, and express gratitude for anything and everything, you begin to flow in a healing bath (rather than languishing in toxins). Develop an attitude of gratitude by making a list of all the things you are grateful for, including increased health and vitality. Be grateful for the health and well-being coming your way.
8. Recognize that you have the power to heal yourself. That healing power flows from the thoughts you think. Allow positive thoughts to circulate, eliminating stress and boosting your immune system. There is no such thing as incurable. Miracles abound.
9. Be HAPPY. Appreciate this moment. Resist nothing. Love yourself and others. Be grateful for small blessings. Make happiness your number one priority. When you remain positive, you summon well-being, and vanquish illness and dis-ease. When we exist in a state of happiness, we boost our immune systems and allow our bodies to use energy reserves for healing.
10. Laugh! Laugh again! Watch funny movies and recall memories that make you laugh. Once you access the joy within, let it expand to fill your entire being, crowding out illness and dis-ease.
So I normally write these out on little 4x4 squares of bristol, but I ran out, and I ordered the wrong size so until I get more, everything’s going in a sketchbook I found on my floor. Threw in some color for funsies.