New Appartment vocab in English - French - Spanish and Portuguese
As uni is starting again, I moved into a new appartment with two friends, which means that we made a list of all the things that we needed to buy, rent etc… So obviously I took that opportunity to translate it (and add new things because we don’t have all of that in our appartment ^^) :)
English - French - Spanish - Portuguese
Bedroom - Chambre - Habitación - Quarto
Bed - Lit - Cama - Cama Pillow - Oreiller - Almohada - Travesseiro Cover - Couverture - Manta/colcha - Cobertor Desk - Bureau - Escritorio - Mesa/carteira Desk lamp - Lampe de bureau - Lámpara de escritorio - Abajur de mesa Chair - Chaise - Silla - Cadeira Closet - Placard - Armario - Guarda-roupa Drawer - Tiroir - Cajón - Gaveta Bedside table - Table de nuit - Mesa de noche - Mesa de cabaceira
Good wood - stripped back wood and concrete still looks so darn good, as proven by this pad just outside Porto, Portugal. ‘The Mami House’ by Portuguese architect José Carlos Nunes de Oliveira (and it cost less than €100,000 to build…boom!)
- He isn’t portuguese technically. His grandparents escaped from Salazar dictatorship to france as everyone did back then. His own dad was born in france. So yeah he is french. But he still has that hot portuguese blood and lord help us all.
- He used to go to portugal every summer when he was little. His own dad speaked portuguese in his house because that’s what happens, we are assholes and speak our language in our homes and then go back to our country and speak french just because we are lil shits. So yeah Grantaire knows portuguese. His vó would kill him if he didn’t.
- When he is stressed he starts talking in portuguese because other people can’t understand him and that makes him feel safer.
- When he hurts himself he just screams “caralho”.
- No one of les amis knew that was exactly cursing and they thought it was a beautiful word. Till R is like “you know that is like the most normal portuguese cursing word right?” And everyone starts using it as well and its adorable.
- He actually knows a lot of portuguese history and when marius is being an idiot about Napoleon he just clears his throat and be like “Well my people kicked his ass 3 times he ain’t that great”. (also enjolras screams there that that aint the point that Napoleon was bad because he was bad).
- The only time he was vocal about a cause it was about the immigrants and refugees. No one ever saw him like that. He was talking with everyone and defending that cause and one night Enjolras comes to him and aks why its so important for him and Grantaire just smiles and says: “My grandparents escaped from the dictatorship. They were refugees in France. I can’t let that be forgotten.” So yeah Enjolras kind of fell in love with him a bit more.
- HE CALLS CORAÇÃO (heart) TO EVERY LES AMIS BECAUSE PORTUGUESE PEOPLE ARE THAT AFFECTIONATE.
- First time he calls “amor” (love) to Enjolras, he almost dies. Because that sounds so much better than in french and he loves french. But the way Grantaire lips move when he talks portuguese is something that makes Enjy weak.
- He just curses in portuguese. Forget french. He is just caralho, merda, puta que te pariu, filho da puta, cona, cara de pila, etc.
- And everyone thinks that is beautiful.
- He likes to say shit like “oh in portuguese you dont say ____ you say __(something that has nothing to do and its probably a dirty joke)__. Because he is an adorable liltle shit.
- HE KNOWS HOW TO COOK PORTUGUESE FOOD AND COURF LOVED IT. AND HE LOVES TO COOK TO EVERYONE AND GET EVERYONE AROUND A TABLE BECAUSE THEY ARE FAMILY AND THAT IS A TYPICAL SUNDAY WITH THE FAMILY.
- He loves the beach and gets cranky in summer because the sea calls for him.
- He loves Fernando Pessoa so much. So so much. Cause hey no one was more emo than him.
- Sometimes he sings fado and everyone is looking at him and awe because damn R voice is amazing but in portuguese??? They can hear something more even if they dont understand a third of the words.