Portabello Mushroom Pizza
Want a healthy pizza alternative that doesn’t have all the carbs? This is it!
• 8 Portabello mushrooms
• 2 cups pizza sauce
• 1 cup part skim milk mozzarella cheese or cheese substitute
• 1/3 cup of each: red, green, orange pepper, diced
• 1/3 cup sweet onion, diced
• 2-3 large basil leaves, finely diced
• 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven by setting the broiler on low.
- Take a baking sheet and cover with a silicone non-stick baking mat or parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Remove stems of Portabellos and gently rub Portabellos with a wet cloth to clean.
- Place Portabellos ‘belly’ side up on the baking sheet. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of pizza sauce into each Portabella.
- Sprinkle about 2-3 tbsp mozzarella cheese or cheese substitute on top of sauce.
- Sprinkle onion and pepper on top of cheese. Shake on some red pepper flakes and sprinkle finely diced basil on top.
- Broil in the oven on the lowest temperature setting on the middle rack for about 10-12 minutes,
- Serve immediately and enjoy! Serves 4.
Recipe from Unstoppable Fitness Experts