Worlds collide as two major IHM favorites come together on this booming, bristling treat of a remix. Marian Hill, who’ve recently achieved new heights of adored success after all the exposure their dynamic single Down was featured on that unforgettable Apple Airpods commercial, have remixed young pop wunderkind Billie Eilish’s recent single Bellyache. It’s like they’ve given the track the “Down” treatment as it swells, burbles, buckles, and swerves. Perhaps its high time they did an Apple Airpods commercial 2.0. I’d enjoy seeing the commercial and hearing this remix on TV everyday even though I have an Android phone. This bass propulsive, future flickering twist on the original can be purchased from iTunes.
TOP 20 - 05/27/17
20) Halsey f/ Lauren Jauregui - Strangers [Debut]
19) Shawn Mendes - There’s Nothing Holdin’ Me Back [Debut]
18) Iggy Azalea f/ Anitta - Switch [Debut]
17) Future f/ Rihanna - Selfish [Debut]
16) Selena Gómez - Bad Liar (+4)
15) Ariana Grande - One Last Time [Re-Entry!]
14) Camila Cabello - Crying in the Club (+3)
13) Katy Perry f/ Nicki Minaj - Swish Swish (+6)
12) Calvin Harris f/ Frank Ocean & Migos - Slide (=)
11) Ed Sheeran - Shape of You (-3)
10) Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay (-3)
9) Kehlani - Keep On (+1)
8) Lorde - Green Light (+1)
7) Bruno Mars - That’s What I Like (-1)
6) Kygo & Selena Gomez - It Ain’t Me (-2)
5) Tinashe - Flame (-2)
4) Miley Cyrus - Malibu (+9)
3) Lady Gaga - The Cure (-1)
2) Charlie Puth - Attention (+3)
1) LUIS FONSI & DADDY YANKEE FEAT. JUSTIN BIEBER - DESPACITO (+2)
Rita Ora - Your Song
Halsey - Now or Never
Liam Payne f/ Quavo - Strip That Down
And so a new mix arrives and once again it’s on a not very new song. This time we hope we did justice to one of Marina’s most underrated songs.
The amazing thing about Electra Heart as an album is how much emotion shines through the lyrics and melodies used so we tried to take advantage of that and make a mix that centers around the line “Love is all that I fear”. This way the two sides of Electra can be shown by having a dancey bassline at the beginning but introducing a more melancholic second verse that flows into the chorus and finally merging both.
Sansa: I kissed Jon. Margaery: You kissed Jon? Sansa: In the elevator. Margaery: Why’d you kiss him in the elevator? Sansa: I was having a bad day. I am having a bad day. Margaery: This is what do you do on your bad days, make out with Dr. McBroody?
TOP 20 - 09/30/17
20) Sam Smith - Too Good at Goodbyes [Debut]
19) Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft (+1)
18) Maroon 5 f/ SZA - What Lovers Do (+1)
17) Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still (+1)
16) J Balvin & Willy Williams f/ Beyoncé - My Gente [Re-Entry]
15) Tinashe & Kaskade - Flame (-4)
14) Camila Cabello f/ Young Thug - Havana (+1)
13) Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry(+4)
12) Charlie Puth - Attention (-6)
11) Julia Michaels - Worst in Me (+2)
10) P!nk - What About Us (+2)
9) Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do (-4)
8) SZA f/ Travis Scott - Love Galore (+2)
7) CNCO & Little Mix - Reggaetón Lento (+2)
6) Dua Lipa - New Rules (+2)
5) Shawn Mendes - Nothing Holding Me Back (+2)
4) Rita Ora - Your Song (-1)
3) Bryson Tiller - Run Me Dry (+1)
2) Cardi B - Bodak Yellow (=)
1) AVICII F/ RITA ORA - LONELY TOGETHER (=)
Halsey - Bad at Love
Nick Jonas - Find You
Carly Rae Jepsen - Cut To The Feeling
fic prompt: in which Keith is famous online for covering popular pop songs and giving them a punk/early 2000’s emo twist. However, he doesn’t go by his real name and never had a face reveal, so his identity is virtually anonymous.
Lance is a music major and during late night internet surfing, he stumbles upon Keith’s cover of Beyonce’s Drunk In Love and is absolutely furious. How dare some jackass ruin his favourite song?! Out of spite, he creates a youtube channel and uploads his pop remix of MCR’s Welcome To the Black Parade & tags Keith, his description complete with “I fucking dare you to touch a Rihanna song.”
Keith watches the video, obviously outraged and that following Sunday, a punk rock cover of Rihanna’s Umbrella is uploaded onto his account. The intro includes “This is dedicated to some dickwad who messed with MCR,” followed up by a link to Lance’s channel. Hunk promptly shows it to Lance and soon enough the internet fucking explodes.
Cue an internet rivalry and highkey subtle shading turning into a slow-burn, mutual pining mess.
(And little does Keith know that the cute, blue-eyed barista near his college’s local Starbucks is his actual worst nightmare.
That is, until that very MCR remix blasts out loud while he’s standing in line and hears Lance, rather smugly, talk to his coworker about gaygane being a god damn asshole.
Add in a rather loud “YOU’RE SHARPSHOOTER69?!” and a broken coffee machine.)
I know this one’s been thrilling ears for well over a week, but in case you missed this “dynamite” new version of one of Lorde’s many fine tunes off Melodrama, we’re going to hop into her star studded remix of Homemade Dynamite. And by star studded, I mean immensely talented cameos all around! Texan R&B sensation Khalid, ever popular trend setter Post Malone, and seductive chanteuse SZA join Lorde on this energetic marching future bass rendition of the song. It’s no wonder it’s um, “blowing” up.
Candle Weather and Manila Killa, our favorite Moving Castle match up who’s now more than well known across the world as beloved duo Hotel Garuda, are huge fans of New Zealand’s pop princess Lorde, just like us. They’ve even been selected to for a high caliber remix of Lorde’s massive new hit Green Light, one of our favorite pop spectaculars this year. Hotel Garuda infuses Green Light with crisp rubbery beats and plump dreamy synths to afford us a fresh new dance approach on the triumphant ballad. If you thought you couldn’t resist dancing to the original, wait till you’re leaping sky high and swimming in euphoria to this brisk throbbing, airy jouncing rush of elation.