A/N: This wasn’t requested, but I really wanted to write a Two-Bit imagine! He doesn’t get enough love
Word Count: 585
Pairing: Two-Bit Mathews x Reader
Boring is the most fitting word to describe my school day so far. I have only gone through three of my six periods so far and I feel brain dead by the time I sit down at lunch. My boyfriend, Two-Bit, looks as miserable as I do when he sits down. “Babe, where’s your lunch?”
Two-Bit grins when I ask him that, “You ready to skip?”
“What?” Lowering my voice, I lean closer to him. “Two-Bit, I can’t skip!”
“Baby, we can’t just stick around here! Let’s go to Dairy Queen! Or just walk around!”
Nibbling on my lower lip, I take a moment to agree. “Fine… I’ll go with ya.”
Two-Bit makes a noise that’s a cross between a whoop and a shriek as he grabs my arm and pulls me out of the cafeteria. “Where should we go first? The DQ? The Dingo? Drugstore?”
“Babe!” I giggle, tugging on his arm in an attempt to slow him down. “Just a second! We can go to Dairy Queen for some lunch and then go anywhere else that you’d like.”
Two-Bit nods and we run out to his car. “Ready to go, hot stuff?” Two-Bit puts on a pair of sunglasses and races out of the parking lot the moment I nod. He cruises down to the Dairy Queen to get some lunch. We just order simple burgers and fries and sing to the music on the stereo as we drive through town.
“My dearest, most darling Y/N, what shall we do next?” Two-Bit poses the question to me in a British accent, causing me to laugh.
“Ooh… Maybe we could go to the new ice skating rink? I think it looks fun.”
“Sounds tuff! Let’s do this.” Two-Bit drives us to the skating rink and runs in with me. We tell the lady running the counter our shoe sizes and get our skates on, then go through the little wooden gate to the small indoor rink.
“Have you ever ice skated?” It just occurs to me that this may be Two-Bit’s first time.
Shaking his head, Two-Bit holds the side railing of the rink and steadies his feet. “Have you?”
“Yeah,” I laugh. “Once, when I was six!”
Two-Bit grins and takes my hand. “Let’s give this a go. Worst case scenario, we die.”
I nod and hold his hand, focusing on skating the way I was briefly taught when I was younger. We slowly and mostly unsteadily make our way across the smooth rink, each of us taking turns slipping and almost falling onto our butts. “Two-Bit, baby, if you fall, you might take me down with you.
Laughing, Two-Bit just keeps skating along. "I’ll have to try not to fall then, won’t I?”
“You better try not to!”
A devilish grin takes over Two-Bit’s handsome face, and he begins pulling e along the ice quickly. “C'mon, doll. Skate!”
As we laugh, Two-Bit and I (not-very-gracefully) skate across the ice skating rink. About thirty seconds go by before Two-Bit slips and falls, bringing me down on top of him. “Two-Bit? Are you okay?” I ask, worried I might have hurt him.
Two-Bit nods and kisses me softly and happily. "You’ve given me one of the best days ever.“ He smiles and his gray eyes twinkle. "Thank you.”
“Suddenly it wasn’t only a personal thing to me […] And it was too late to tell them that there was still good in it, and they wouldn’t believe you if you did. It was too much of a problem to be just a personal thing.”
-I shouldn't have gotten you in this mess, Ponyboy. You're only thirteen-
-CORRECTION, I AM FOURTEEN YEARS OLD AND A MONTH.
Right... That's what I meant-
YOU BEST BELIEVE IT. FOURTEEN, THAT'S RIGHT. F-O-U-R-T-E-E-N. JULY 22, 1951. LAST TIME I CHECKED, THAT WAS FOURTEEN YEARS AND A MONTH AGO. I'M ALMOST ON THE BRINK OF MANHOOD, JOHNNY. IT'S SO CLOSE, I COULD ALMOST TASTE IT.
these are some pretty important things i think people should know bc it could help them w/ their character development or story in general. enjoy!
• sodapop would’ve joined dally in dirty talking cherry and marcia. and if they were greaser girls, ponyboy would’ve joined in as well.
• daLLY IS A FUCKING ASSHOLE WHO HAS JUMPED LITTLE KIDS BEFORE AND AN OLD MAN FOR HIS RING. HE’S NOT GONNA CHANGE HIS ENTIRE FUCKING PERSONALITY FOR YOUR CHARACTER.
• johnny is really good at hiding his emotions. he’s also a brave little shit who can get real sassy sometimes. yes, he is meek and shy, but when he feels the need he can be tough.
• steve is still in school. repeat after me, stEVE IS STILL IN SCHOOL AND ONLY WORKS PART TIME.
• the guys only watch their swearing and behavior around cousin-type girls. if your character is a new friend of pony’s who’s coming over for the first time, the gang isn’t gonna be super-duper nice to her and accept her 100%. they will probabaly be jerk-faces for a lil while, then chill out after she proves herself.
• two-bit wanted to drive to texas to look for ponyboy and johnny.
• darry goes skiing with his friends sometimes and was voted boy of the year. he was a popular, fun guy before he became the dad figure in the curtis household. yeah, he’s hella mature and dad-like now, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t know how to have fun.
• johnny was a good man in a rumble. i repeat : JOHNNY WAS A GOOD MAN IN A RUMBLE. HE COULD KICK ASS, OKAY.
• in the book, ponyboy kicked soc ass during the rumble. he is young and emotional, but he isn’t helpless. i personally hated the way the movie depicted him during the rumble; just letting the socs beat him up and crying out for darry the minute it begins. if you read the rumble excerpt, he obviously isn’t the best fighter but he can defend himself pretty well and can take a punch.
• johnny can take a whipping with a 2 by 4 without letting out a whimper. he isn’t gonna be on the floor unconscious after a punch to the gut, please and thank you.
• cherry is afraid of dissapointing her parents if they see her hanging with pony. i personally believe that cherry overcomes that fear and apologizes to ponyboy after ignoring him at school, and they become good friends. but the only true reason she doesn’t want to be seen with ponyboy is because of her parents. we see she clearly doesn’t really care about half of her “friends” or what she’s supposed to do as a soc (beer blasts and river bottom parties), so why would she care if her other friends saw her with pony?