I just saw Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and it’s as amazing as I hoped for. Non-stop fun, great story, awesome characters, old and new (Mantis stole my heart), eye-popping visuals, abundance of easter eggs and possibly the best third act in the MCU. Kudos to James Gunn for handling so many characters and storylines in such a beautiful and emotional way. Another instant Marvel classic.
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 // SPOILER FREE (kinda) REVIEW.
Since my friends and I are one of those super fans when it comes to comics (books and movies), we’ve decided to watch it earlier ‘cause today is the premiere here in our country. Lol so enough of my bs, imma go straight to my review :–)) (though I’m gonna warn you, i might go full batshit fangirl (which I probably will hahaha)):
●OKAY SO FIRST OF ALL, THE CINEMA SHOWED THOR: RAGNAROK’S TEASER TRAILER. GAVE US ANOTHER REASON TO BE IN MARVEL’S HYPE TRAIN.
● first part of the movie was really amazing, especially the intro where the Guardians fought the big alien thingy as shown in their trailer. and bAbY GROOT IS SO CUTE IS2G.
● CHRIS PRATT = HOT DAMN
● Kurt Russell’s character 'Ego’ has more screen time than what he said on their Jimmy Kimmel interview. He said he only have 15 seconds of screen time then he dies. nope, trust me, he’s more involve on the storyline than Ayesha. (Full Interview click HERE.)
● AYESHA. FRICKIN AYESHA. I THOUGHT SHE’S PLAYING A MAJOR ROLE IN THE FILM, IT TURNS OUT SHE DIDN’T. BUT IT’S OKAY, SHE’S GONNA DROP THE F BOMB FOR MCU’S FUTURE AT ONE OF THEIR END CREDITS SCENE.
● i lost count but the movie has 3 to 5 post-credits scenes.
● MANTIS AND DRAX OMFG
● DAVID HASSELHOFF
● we’ll also have more of Ego’s back story, on how he met Peter’s mom, and a REVELATION which will leave Star-Lord in a deep rage towards his father.
● SYLVESTER STALLONE EVERYBODY
● GAMORA & NEBULA = SISSY’S 4 LYF
● STAN THE MAN
● we’ll also get some hints for future marvel films, ESPECIALLY INFINITY WAR.
● YONDU MY MAN. though some critics say this movie is more centered around him. WELL I DON’T CARE, GOTTA GIVE HIM SOME LOVE. MICHAEL ROOKER DID A GREAT JOB. YOU’LL GET MY POINT WHEN YOU SEE VOL.2
● there were some comedic parts where my friends and I felt it’s heading to cringefest. it’s okay though, 'cause it was immediately covered by the next scenes.
● ROCKET; STILL GENIUS, BADASS, SARCASTIC, AND FUNNY AS EVER.
● NEBULA WAS FINALLY ENLIGHTENED. EXCITED TO SEE HER IN INFINITY WAR.
● TASERFACE OMFG
● one of the end credits scenes includes Drax and Kraglin, and it’s funny as hell.
● SYLVESTER AND HIS SQUAD IN THE END CREDITS SCENE. MAN, THAT SHORT CLIP MADE US ALL MARVEL FANS INSIDE THE CINEMA SQUEAL.
● ANOTHER SET OF AMAZING SONGS THROUGHOUT THE MOVIE
● MORE DADDY, DAD, FATHER REFERENCES
● Ego may or may not destroyed Peter’s cassette player. (oops, was that a spoiler? sorry y’all.)
● GAMORA DANCING WITH PETER HELL YEAH
● PROTECT BABY GROOT AT ALL COST.
● GROOT GROWING UP AND PETER BEING DADDY AF
● MORE YONDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
● there were brief earth scenes, lol I thought they were going to show some stuff referring to the Avengers.
● DAIRY QUEEN
● I AM GROOT
That’s all I can give y'all guys. I know this isn’t really “”'spoiler free’“” because I can’t form any vague description right now because I’m still processing things that happened in the movie which made us say “Holy shit! No! That did not just happen!!”, and this is also one of my ways to get this hype off my chest lol.
James Gunn, thank you for making and giving us another great movie. To the whole cast and crew, you all did a great job. Lastly, to Marvel Studios, what can I say? You know how to make your fans feel like we’re in a freaking moshpit at a concert.
So this is just a collage of sorts of all my puppies (and Piper) on their “first day home”, and baby Guts because why not? He’s like a dog-lizard so good enough, right? So from left to right and then going down is: Piper, Reul, Guts, Mitsu and Biscuit.
Pineapple party gif! Pineapple corer was such a successful purchase. Eating and enjoying pineapples has never been easier. We even made this cute vase out of it. The fruit flies were all over it, but it lasted for a few days! :D Images shot with dslr and combined in photoshop to make this gif.