AU where Beryl is the only threat ever. NO one but Usagi and the Inners are ever awakened.
- There is no Crystal Tokyo
- CT is built on the back of tragedy and danger, in peace it can never come to be
- Chibiusa is born in the 21st century, an ordinary child, a happy child with parents who treat her as their whole world
- The Inners live relatively happy lives in simple peace, thought they’re never truly free. The threat that something else could come never goes away.
- Haruka moves through life like a tornado, unable to calm the wind inside her. She can never shake the feeling she’s forgotten something, there’s a nagging at the back of her mind to do something, to be ready, to never sleep lest the moment comes
- Michiru has always been a raging sea beneath a placid surface, she cannot distinguish the inexplicable emptiness inside her from the emptiness her poised life brings
- She has dreams sometimes– she does not know enough to call them visions– of a past life spent fighting, and of fights that could come but never do
- (Not awakening is different than not reincarnating, and having a part of you forever asleep is a cruel fate)
- They never find each other, the poised socialite and the mechanic that blows through jobs and barely gets by. They went to the same school, once upon a time, but Michiru could never approach someone like Haruka.
- Years before Beryl even came on the scene, a little girl died in a fire. No entities came to offer her father a deal for her life.
- Pluto sits at her door. No sad child comes to befriend her. She has to believe it’s better this way. She’s found a peaceful timeline. It’s the best option. It has to be.