Maison M. is the Moroccan High Jewellery house created by Her Royal Highness Princess Lalla Meryem of Morocco. The Princess this time designed a remarkable collection that carries the name of a play written by William Shakespeare: A Midsummer Night’s Dream. The play portrays adventures of four young Athenian lovers and fairies who inhabit the forest in which most of the play is set. The play is one of Shakespeare’s most popular works for the stage and is widely performed across the world.
A Midsummer Night’s Dream collection is made of nine exceptional pieces:
1. Hippolyta. Necklace that celebrates the queen of Amazons, heroine of the play. Set of extraordinary diamonds and moonstones that appears like a water drops.
2. Lysandre & Hermia, 3. Demetrius & Helena bracelets with characters of the play engraved in two cameos.
4. Fleur des pois, (Flower of the peas) purposely asymmetrical earrings, as no flower is the same, that have a lightness of dreams. Flowers made of pink quartz and leaves from emeralds.
5. Mucheron, white gold ring that guides through the forest of thousands charms, made of white gold and sliced diamonds and fire opals.
6. Graine de Moutarde (Mustard seed) white gold ring ornamented with white and yellow diamonds that flourishes passionately.
7. Phalene (Moth), white gold necklace, made of white , black diamonds and sapphires as the chrysalis becomes a real butterfly.
8. Vagabonde, white gold necklace with precious and fine stones as diamonds and emeralds on ebony wood like a flowers and plants that pursue in a wild dance with a fairy Vagabonde.
9. Toile D’ Araigne (Spider web) white gold necklace ornamented with rubellite rose and cut diamonds, a spider who tirelessly weaves its web, made for women who dares to face the night.
It is rarely to see this kind of jewellery in a life time. As I traveled the world I had opportunity to see jewellery collections as Bulgari, Cartier and Chopard, but Maison M is another level. It is the fine jewelry that makes you emotional, makes you fast heart beat and even tears and sensation of happiness..…..and only a person with profound and deep feelings for world, nature and art could design objects with a heart as those. This is a pure art and Princess Lalla Meryem is definitely the person with an exceptional creativity and talent.