Could you please do a headcanon for a orca patronus please? It would mean a lot to me! Thanks💜
- ALSO MY PATRONUS HIGH FIVE!!!
- name comes from orcus who was a roman god of the underworld and punisher of broken oaths
- guess that means you really hate when people break their promises
- apparently orcas are actually dolphins, not whales???? I’ve been lied to my whole life
- apex predator aka top of the food chain baby
- seriously they’ll eat great white sharks, sting rays, even polar bears if they have the opportunity
- live in pods of up to 100 orcas!!!! and the leader is the oldest female- all about that #girlpower
- they stay pregnant for 17 months wtf no thank you
- orcas have a super complex communication system with clicks, whistles, pulses, and each pod has it’s own call!!
- every orca has a mark behind its dorsal fin that’s totally unique
- they’re kinda similar to wolves in the way that they hunt. it’s very group focused and uses a lot of teamwork
- and they’re v protective if a member of the pod gets injured and they’re known to mourn if one of the pod dies :(
- one of only three species to have a menopause!!! that’s including humans!!! female orcas normally go through the menopause when they’re 30-40 but they can live till they’re like 90 wow
- there was this one orca called granny (love it) who lived to 105!!!
- super playful- they like to move objects that humans are trying to catch in the water #PRANKED
- various cultures from the pacific north-west of america revere the killer whale. there are various stories about them being dead chiefs, benefactors of humans, and kings of the ocean with sea lions for slaves