Woo! I was tagged by jaebooks, thank you!
Rule 1: Always post the rules.
Rule 2: Answer all the questions the person who tagged you asked and then write 11 new ones.
Rule 3: Tag 11 people and link them to the post.
Rule 4: Actually tell them you tagged them.
1. What do you use as book tags? (Do you have a favourite one or do you use toilet paper?)
I try to just remember the page numbers, but if I’m in a hurry I use whatever’s closest. Sometimes cards, pens, other books.
2. What’s the first book you remember reading?
James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl
3. Do you feel pressured to read classics?
Maybe a little bit when I hear numerous references to a certain book that I haven’t read yet. But overall I love reading the older stuff.
4. What’s your favourite book cover?
I always liked covers that look hand drawn
5. Do you usually like the books assigned for school, which one was your favourite?
Most of the time I like them, but there are the rare ones that I have come to loathe. Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes we read freshman year. I’d say it’s my favorite assigned book because I had never heard of it before and ended up falling in love with it.
6. You watch a movie, then find out it’s based on a book. Do you read it, or would you feel like it’s already spoiled?
I don’t feel like I would be spoiled because the majority of the time the movie leaves out an ass ton of details or goes on a completely different tangent, becoming it’s own work of art. A movie only gives you a glimpse of the story while the book can give you the whole world.
7. Reading in the mornings, afternoons or nights?
If I have the energy to read in the morning, I’ll do nothing but read the rest of the day. Normally I save my reading time for the late afternoon/nighttime.
8. Do you research a lot before reading a book? (reading reviews, making sure its got a good rating on goodreads)
Sometimes, yeah, if the back of the book/inside the dust jacket is too vague.
9. How many books do you read in a year?
About 70, depends on the year.
10. Can you read more than one book at a time?
11. Secret you want to share with the universe? Or alternative : How was your day?
Uhh… Some sharks are ovoviviparous, meaning that their young hatch within the mother shark. Sand tiger shark babies actually eat neighboring embryos within the womb until it is time for it to be born, leaving it the sole survivor. Crazy stuff.
1. What do you have currently checked-out from the library?
2. Book you’re most excited about? (that’s yet to be published)
3. If you could read in any language, what would it be?
4. Buy new or used?
5. How do you organize your books? (by genre, author, color, ect.)
6. Do you like poetry? What about writing it?
7. Book you’re too nervous to begin?
8. Most you’ve spent in a bookstore?
9. Author you’ve read most books from.
10. Favorite quote
11. Random fact about yourself