I feel so homesick right now… so I took my homesickness and gave it to Lance bc thinking about how homesick Lance must be somehow made me feel happier for a second before I started crying bc he must feel it at least 10x worse bc I know I’ll see them soon and he doesn’t know if he’ll ever see his family again
Sorry if there are any typos, I can barely see through my tears
-at the garrison it was somehow different. he wasn’t with his family, but he knew he’d get to see them around the holidays and such things, plus skyping or texting or calling
-he still missed them and so he thought he knew what homesickness felt like: a tiny squeeze of your heart and a whispered voice reminding you of your family, but still fairly easy to ignore with the smallest distractions
-even then, if things got really bad for him at school he knew the worst they could do was send him back to his family, who would still accept him even if he was kicked out
-and then he was pulled into a giant space war
-which, unlike the garrison or literally any other school, has his schedule entirely unplanned
-was he going to eat breakfast tomorrow or were they going to have to fight something? was Allura going to surprise them with a crazy drill that they’d have to suffer through? was Hunk going to wake up later than usual and cause to Coran decide to make them disaster food? if he slept in, would the team let him sleep til lunch? who knows
-was he even going to live long enough to see his family? if Zarkon attacked earth, would they know? would they be able to stop him? what if his family is already dead? for all Lance knew, he could die in his sleep, but Allura dismissed him and said they couldn’t visit earth yet
-he has so much more time to think of things and at first he thought that would make him would feel better, but it doesn’t
-instead he notices that he can’t remember the way his sister parted her her hair, or where the freckle on his brother’s face was or if there even was one. he can’t quite remember the tune to the song his mother always sang, or the way his dad’s face lit up as he came home from his late shift at work only to find that everyone had stayed up late just to see him walk through the door
-his first thought is that it didn’t matter, that those were only the small things
-but then he noticed that he could barely breathe
-he was gasping and his lungs felt like they were full of cotton, his eyes stung as he tried not to cry, his head pounding out his erratic heartbeat. his hands and feet felt numb, his arms and legs like jelly. he felt nauseous too, and bile stung his throat as his mouth went completely dry. his heart felt like it was being ripped out of his chest viciously
-he tried to think of something else, anything else, but now his head was screaming everything he must be missing back at home
-does his sister still make cookies every saturday? does his brother still pick flowers on his way home from school? does his mom still make ridiculous cards for him and his siblings? does his dad still insist that they take pictures everyday?
-do they think he’s dead?
-at this point Lance just needs to get out. he’s scared and just hopes that distracting himself will still work because it’s the only thing he could think of
-so he walks right down into the dining room where the rest of the team is and starts talking
-the others talk back, and everything goes back to normal for Lance
-but the longer he’s away from his family, the more often this occurs, until it’s a habit to just talk to everyone every time he has someone to talk to
-he talked to the paladins, he talked to the alteans, he talked to Blue (and any other lion, although he couldn’t tell if they were listening or not)
-and eventually the others found him to be more and more annoying
-which sucks, because he needs them more than ever now, because now everything he does reminds him of home
-bathing, eating, sleeping, practicing, laughing, even talking
-and there are things he never did in space like fighting, training, or using crazy machines, but it just helped remind him that he’s doing them because he’s not at home
-Lance wants to tell them, but no one else talks about being homesick so he decides he has to stay strong
-they all say he’s annoying (wether or not they mean it) so he slowly gets quieter and basically loses his only coping mechanism but no one seems to notice how much worse he’s getting
-they don’t notice how quiet he is now either, until he says something and someone asks him if he knows how to shut up before they realize that that was the first time they had heard him speak in days
-they see his face fall and his eyes fill with tears, and now they notice his eye bags and the way he seems to be ready to fall over at any given second
-they don’t say anything however, because they aren’t very social and don’t know what to say (only Hunk and Coran seem to have any skills socially, but they wouldn’t be telling Lance to shut up in the first place so it’s safe to say whoever said it wouldn’t be a feelings expert)
-so they leave it alone. Lance was probably just tired lately for some reason but they won’t make him go to sleep because they figure he’ll be fine (again, pretty sure Hunk and Coran are the only ones who know what sleeping is)
-they’re too lost in thought to notice Lance leave the room gasping for air
-they’re too busy moving on to notice that Lance won’t be fine
OK SO. I am on board the Min Hyuk x Do Bong Soon ship. I know they have a long way to go (it’s only been 2 episodes like? Anything could happen), but my GOD the potential!!!! THE POTENTIAL.
You have Do Bong Soon, who is physically powerful which already wins points because powerful woman? Say what? But guess what makes this even better? She’s still super feminine, and crushes on a boy, and jumps up and down when shes excited, and she EATS and it’s normal. And she’s not sexualised, and her strength isn’t looked down upon. It’s not made into this “ohhh woman is stronger than a man? SHOCKER!!!!” in a way that turns it into a joke and emphasises that it’s so wrong for a woman to be stronger than a man? (At least that’s the vibes i’m getting). She’s capable and fights back when needed, but I also like that she doesn’t always go head first saving people. She’s no superhero, and while that’s very much something she could do, she helps in smaller ways when the situation calls for it too. Bong Soon knows to hold back and uses her strength as a last resort.
SIDE NOTE: I like how this emphasises and shows you just how much people *cough* men, look down on women and treat women. Because they always underestimate her and think she’s weak and frail, until she proves them completely wrong.
Then you have Min Hyuk. He sees her strength and while he is amazed by it, it’s also no big deal? Like woah, girl with supernatural strength? I WANT HER AS MY BODY GUARD. And what’s even better is HE ENJOYS seeing her show off her strength AND helps her out at the police station no question. He doesn’t get all pissy and feel less of a man or emasculated(? Is that the right word)?. He relies on her, is sensitive, admits when he is scared, isn’t afraid to admit he needs her, and still instinctively wants to protect her despite knowing she is physically capable. He treats her like a girl/woman, without playing down her strength to make him feel manly/himself feel better.
They have this rhythm when they interact and I really like what they bring out in each other so far.
EDIT: did I also mention that she is a gamer? Bong Soon literally breaks every barrier. She’s physically strong, feminine, a GAMER and wants to develop games. Like!!!!! Her physical strength doesn’t mean she’s necessarily cut out to be a hero or that she can’t be both strong AND feminine. What are gender roles. Do they exist on this show? Nope? Good.
Decided to binge-watch all of Underverse so far and it’s even more magical than I remembered it being :’) I still get that hyped-want-to-scream feeling in my chest with every episode :D Definitely want to draw something for the Underversary, just not sure what yet…
*this is the first time I do this so
pls don’t judge me*
Dating Jungkook would include:
•Shy at first
•Smiling a lot
•He would casually stare at you without even noticing it
•"I caught you staring!“
• Playing video games together
• He’ll let you win
• At least that’s what he thinks bc you are actually losing on purpose
• Writes you a text at 2am but doesn’t sends it
• You calling him at 3am to tell him your weird dream
• Pretending he just woke up when he was awake thinking about you trying to
send you the text
• Doesn’t speak that much bc he wants to hear your voice
• Eventually you think he fell asleep so you stop talking
• “Why did you stop?”
• “I thought you were asleep”
• Gets nervous when you guys walk together
• Doesn’t know if he should take your hand
• So you do it yourself
• He apologizes bc his hand is sweaty
• “I don’t mind”
• Loves to see you reading
• “I caught you staring again”
• Brings coffee every time you have to study a lot
• Stays with you while you are studying
• “I can’t concentrate if you keep staring at me like that”
• “Wanna nap?”
• Nervous again bc it’s your first time napping together
• Scared you’ll hear his heartbeat when you lay your head on his chest
• Smiles softly when you play with his fingers
• “You know, I’m happy I met you”
• Never thought he could smiled wider.
• “I’m happy I met you too y/n”
• Doesn’t moves when you fall asleep
• Whispers “I love you”
• Because now he is sure of that
• Freaks out when he wakes up and you are not there
• Runs out of the room looking for you
• Stops when he sees you in the kitchen
• “You woke up”
• “ Come back to bed with me?”
• Scared of his own words but he doesn’t mind right now because he thought you
were gone for a second and he just wants to hold you again
• You can’t help but smile
• Back in bed he is nervous again
• “You look cute with your messy hair”
• Calls you to ask you how your test went
• Prepares an Ironman marathon at his place to celebrate
• Buys a lot of junk food
• Cleans everything
• Kick his hyungs out of the place so you guys can stay alone
• Light up candles so it smells nice and not like Tae’s feet
• Makes the living room cozy
• Doesn’t invite you into his room because he’s scared you’ll get the wrong
• Runs to the door when you arrive but waits a few seconds before opening it
• Stops paying attention to the movie when you lay on his lap
• Doesn’t know what to do when the movie is over
• “Are we watching Ironman 2?”
• “Oh yeah right”
• Offers himself to take you home
• “It’s not necessary”
• “It’s too late for you to be alone, I’ll go with you”
• Doesn’t get used to the fact that every time you say goodbye you give him a
• Gets really excited when you ask him to pick you up from college
• Waits for you in your college entry
• Frowns when he sees a guy carrying your backpack
• Turns his head to the side when you try to give him a kiss
• “What’s wrong?”
• Doesn’t speak at all in the car
• Doesn’t speaks either when he parks the car in your place
• “Seriously babe, what’s wrong?”
• Tries not to think about the fact that you just called him babe
• “Why was that guy carrying your backpack?”
• “What do you mean?”
• “That guy y/n. Who is he?”
• “My classmate? He was just being kind”
• “I don’t think so”
• “You are just jealous”
• “I am not jealous”
• Since it’s the first time you guys have an argument neither of you know how
• “Why would you reject me in front of everyone anyways?”
• “Why would you let that guy carry your backpack?”
• “Can’t you hear yourself? This is so stupid. Bye Jungkook”
• Doesn’t know if he should stop you or leave you alone
• Goes home with an odd feeling in his chest
• Doesn’t know if he should call you
• Writes a text apologizing but doesn’t sends it
• Ignores his hyungs when they ask him what’s wrong
•Checks his phone every 5 minutes to see if you have texted him
• Checks your Snapchat, instagram story and even your messenger story
• Accepts he was jealous
• Goes to you house running
• Knocks the door but no one answers
• Tries calling you but your phone’s dead
• You find him in your doorstep when you arrive
• He immediately stands up
• Neither of you say anything for a few seconds until both of you say sorry at
the same time
• “I admit I was jealous”
• You can’t help but hug him
• “You don’t have to be jealous of anybody. I don’t want anybody else but you”
• He didn’t know he was holding his breath until you kissed him
• He stayed that night because you wanted him there
• You both decided to skip classes the next day
• You two eat pancakes for breakfast
• He likes it when you try to acomodate his messy hair
• He leaves before lunch
• And then he picks you up to go get lunch
• You sing in his car and he loves it
• He looks at you while you’re eating ramen
• And he feels it again
• You smile at him with your mouth full
• He just laughs
• When you are walking to his house out of the parking lot he feels it another
• He just can’t wait any longer
• As soon as he opens the door he takes you to his room ignoring Tae and Jimin
in the living room
• You tried to say hi to them but Jungkook was pulling you hard
• When you get there he closes the door
• “Please sit down”
• You sit down suddenly nervous
• “I have to tell you something alright?”
• You frown
•” Are you pregnant?“
• “What? That’s not even possible. Y/n this is serious”
• “Okay sorry”
• “You don’t have to say anything if you don’t want to”
• “Um, alright”
• “I-I think I love you. I love you y/n”
• “I love you too Jungkook”
Stanning Kim Namjoon can be bittersweet. He gets a lot of hate and people are unwilling to forgive him or give him a chance to redeem himself. Even though he’s the leader, the member who can speak fluent English, addresses international fans at every opportunity and helps write songs for Bangtan (and now Homme), some still mock his accent (when he taught himself English), still disregard him, and he has very few active fansites.
He’s an intelligent guy, thoughtful (late night musings on the fancafe) and a complete dork. My references? His excitement catching that damn crab, befriending a frog and a dragonfly, his immeasurable love for Ryan and forever being rejected by his dog (which he named Rapmon, bless his pure heart).
@a-winter-wolf I told you I would record something for you like two months ago and I know it’s not from a band you like or know, it’s literally a show tune that was written in the 30′s but it’s one of the only songs I’m confident about and I love u so here u go <3
I had heard that @martini-september was interested in going lineless for her artwork, which is exciting because line-less art work is so flexible and fun and colorful so I offered to make a tutorial on getting start with line-less.
There’s a lot of ways to do line-less art. I’m going to demonstrate a more simple, illustrative kind.
1. First you need your sketch. For this short tutorial I’ll use a sketch of Alistair and Aisling I just doodled. (I like severely struggle with drawing Alistair so pls do not judge too hard T-T). The nice thing about sketches for this kind of drawing is that they don’t need to be super clean. Just clean enough to get the general idea of where the lines are for the face and clothes and stuff.
2. Pick your brushes. Everyone has brushes that they like to use. Most of my favorite artists use Shiyoon Kim’s brushes although I personally like @kyletwebster‘s gauche set. The brushes I use from that set are below. I literally only use 2 brushes because I need to learn to branch out.
Step 3: Start painting!
This is probably the most stressful part of line-less for first timers because you’re going into this without your helpful guidelines to tell you where to color or to hide some messy coloring mistakes. I remember it being stressful for me too. Don’t panic though, I promise you won’t be going into this guessing where to color or having to constantly switch layers.
The first thing you’ll need to do is create a new layer above your line art and drop the opacity down to 80-75%. This will allow you to see what you’re drawing over without having it so light that you have no real idea what your painted piece will look like.
I try to break the piece up into shapes when I color and put each of those shapes on their own layers, the neck and head here for example are both on separate layers so that it’s easy to shade on the neck.
Try to remember to jerk the opacity of the paint layer up too 100% every once in a while and check on what you’re doing to make sure it looks right. without the line art to distract you.
5. Now that I’m relatively happy with the way that that looks I will go ahead and start doing lines.
Turn the line art back on.
I create a new layer above the neck an head and drop the opacity of both of those back down to about 80. You do lines the same way you would for line art. Line weight is just as important for line-less art as it is for line art. It’s a big part of how you convey weight and motion.
Looks good so far, now it’s time to check how it holds up without the sketch…
Ok, could use some touch ups, including that weird thing her face has going on that I missed before. Which is why it’s super important to check it against the blank background as much as you can.
And all touched up! She looks great so far. We’re almost to the end (or as far as I’m gonna go with this tutorial for now). The last thing I want to do is change the color of her lines since black isn’t the tone I want for her skin lines, eyebrows or lips.
Much better! Now she’s looking a lot more believable and colorful.
She’s obviously far from being done completely but hopefully that educated you somewhat.
Best of luck and if I have more time later I’ll come back and show you hair!