I work in retail, and I often see extremely amateur moves from newbie lifters that makes me want to scream “please stop, this is how you’ll get caught!”. So here’s some advice:
1) Untag your items before exiting the store! If you do not plan to untag, make sure the item is IN YOUR PURSE, and not on your person and clearly visible to SA!
2) Stop leaving packaging everywhere, I know you want two earrings from that large set of earrings, so you lift only those 2 earrings, but why leave the rest in your blindspot?? Now I know what area to keep an eye on.
3) Watch SA behaviour as you exit the change room! Were they staring at what you were holding when you left? Did they rush to your change room immediately? If they did, LEAVE NOW! THEY ARE CALLING SECURITY!
4) If you plan to wear clothes out, wear it UNDER your clothes and make sure it’s not visible. We notice if you’re suddenly wearing a different shirt.
5) Don’t travel in packs, we will watch you like crazy
Please for the love of god, I hate how lifters get caught for really dumb reasons. Getting caught is NOT as option, so you have to play it safe and smart and always know when to leave! If you feel sus’d even a teeny tiny bit, leave!