CONCEPT: keith and lotor doing subtle - (but really not subtle things everyone around is just really exasperated bc please it’s very obvious) - things to try and impress each other with their skills to gain each other’s approval and attention. but then they act like it’s just normal stuff that they do it all the time.
spoiler: it isn’t.
- “oh hey keith fancy seeing you here in the training room wow i never would have guessed you would be here too don’t mind me i’m just about to embark on the most performative workout of my entire life”
- keith trying to show how agile and quick he is on his feet. so when lotor is in the room he constantly takes the most Extra way to the door to leave. he could just walk but no. that’s too easy why not use the furniture as some kind of fancy springboard instead now yes. that’s how you make a exit.
- sometimes he doesn’t even take the door. if there’s a window he’ll hop onto the ledge and then leap through it trying to be all suave whilst never admitting that was the intention it was just honestly closer than the door so what’s the problem
- lotor retaliates by needlessly turning everything into hurdles so he can elegantly glide over things in keith’s presence
- keith “i don’t just fight with knives i also throw them with accurate precision here watch this”
- Never Actually Saying It but always being like “yeah that actually was really cool what i did back there but that’s not important because how about you do you find me cool do you think im cool did you think that was cool too-”
- lotor Literally Posing whenever he hears keith approaching so he can look his best but it’s done so well
- keith doing tricks with his knife, just flipping it and twisting it at weird angles that have absolutely NO LOGICAL PURPOSE OR PLACE in a real fight but they look really cool when he’s leaning against the wall pretending that he isn’t aware lotor is looking over
- lotor knows they serve no real function in a battle but he asks keith to explain the technicalities and names of each move with a coy smile and private amusement it’s just very endearing tbh