Kevin Keller and Jason’s Murder
We need to talk about how much Kevin knows. Because I think he knows more than he’s letting on. I love him and I don’t think he’s the killer, but we have to be realistic here.
- His dad is the Sheriff. No, this doesn’t automatically mean that he knows more than the others, but this means that he has the capacity and the potential to know more. In addition, the Core Four has been finding things out left and right. They’re probably telling Kevin all of this.
- Kevin’s sharp as fuck. Seriously, I know that maybe he hasn’t figured out what Joaquin really wants and he didn’t realize Joaquin was a Serpent, but he was able to recreate his dad’s murder board from memory. We don’t know how many times he’d seen it. For all we know, that was actually the first time he’d ever laid eyes on it. Chances are, he HAD seen it before, but he tells Sheriff Keller, “Nice murder board, Dad.” If Kevin’s seen it already, then the Sheriff doesn’t know that. Which brings me to my next point….
- Why didn’t the Sheriff comment on the fact that Kevin had recreated his murder board? Yes, we are missing a lot of scenes for Kevin, so his dad may have sat him down that night and talked to him about it, but his dad doesn’t even seem that shocked at the murder board. He doesn’t ask if Jughead was the one to steal the evidence, he’s there for Jason’s murder. Why doesn’t he ask why his murder board was perfectly recreated?
- The camera does tend to show closeups of Kevin when he’s in the room and valuable information is dropped. This could be a hint that he knows more than he’s letting on.
- But my main theory in that line is that Kevin knows about Dark!Betty. When she was going off on Chuck in the cafeteria, the camera focused on Kevin. He didn’t really look shocked, just uncomfortable and maybe a little guilty. We know Kevin and Betty are close- maybe he’s seen Dark!Betty before.
Again, I don’t think Kevin’s the actual killer, but I think Kevin knows a lot more than he says.
If anyone else wants to comment on this, please feel free to reblog this post and add your opinions, or even drop a message in my ask box.