OMG YOU PLAY SKYRIM TOOOOOO. Can i ask for a Skyrim Final Fantasy AU thing? I literally dont mind what but I play both and I would love to see these boy in Skyrim, like Iggy would be like a mage and Gladio a companion, and idk what Noct would be or Prompto maybe theives guild stuff but omg please I love your writing!! ofc dont feel you have to do this or anything though!!!
Ok, so I would love to make a full fiction about this. Your enthusiasm was so infectious! I’ve
wanted to do this idea for ages, and now that I know it’s something at least one
person is interested in, maybe I’ll sit down and do it (at some point). I’m
actually also working on a male dragonborn x Argis the Bulwark piece that’s
already nearly 40,000 words long… And there’s the Big Gladnis Story too, so I
don’t know if/when this will happen. People in general don’t seem all that keen for Skyrim fiction? I’m not sure, just a feeling.
Ok, I’ll just do some head canons and use it as planning and
idea-bouncing for the Big FFXV/Skyrim Fanfiction
which may or may not ever happen.
- Noctis is dragonborn. His father is Jarl of Whiterun (sorry Balgruf),
and he is also adept at Magic.
- Has a private tutor from the College of Winterhold, but
doesn’t get along with him.
- Gladio, who becomes his shield brother, travelling with him as
he goes to see the Greybeards up at High Hrothgar. Shaky start for these two,
as Gladio thought he was just a whiny princeling, but after Noct saves his
little sister from some vampires, he changes his mind about him.
- Loves sweetrolls.
- Gets very upset when the guards are sassy with him
- Especially when they ask if someone stole his sweetroll
- Uses a lot of destruction magic
Oh Prompto.He was orphaned and ended up in the streets of Riften. Got picked up by Brynjolf, and became a thief with them.
- Actually finds himself fitting into the ‘cosy little family’.
- He meets the chocobros when they come to Riften and he tries
to pick Gladio’s pocket. Gladio hoists him up like a puppy and growls at him.
- It’s the first time he’s ever been caught and he’s so surprised
he has nothing to say.
- Noctis likes him, orders Gladio to put him down, and says
that a sneakthief could be useful on their trip, asking him if he wants to come
- High archery and stealth skills.
- He’s a werewolf in the circle of the companions. Always helping people, always doing what he can for people in need. Big heart, but don’t make him angry.
- Probably old drinking buddies with Argis
- Lives in Jorvaskr, and his sister lives up at Dragonsreach,
where Clarus is housecarl to the Jarl there
- Finds himself falling for a certain tall, bespectacled mage
as the journey continues…
dammit Raufnir, stop making everything Gladnis ok I can’t stop so you’ll just have to roll with it
- His transformations are extremely painful and he’s often
left weak for a couple of days afterwards
- When he doesn’t come and find them for a few days
after the full moon is over one time, Ignis goes and looks for him, finds him
slumped in the snow, half dead, and takes care of him…
- Something wanted me to
make him a Volkihar vampire, friends with Serana and her mother, entombed at
the same time as Serana because of his knowledge of Auriel’s Bow and ancient
law??? *shrugs* not sure what to make of that so maybe we’ll just put that to
one side for now?
- Ignis is a mage at the college of Winterhold, probably the
youngest mage ever to be accepted.
- He’s on track to become archmage after Savos, but leaves to
see more of Skyrim and study dwemer ruins in Markarth
- Is the kind of person who’d study dwemer ruins and culture
for days and forget to eat
- Probably apprenticed with mad old Calcelmo in Markarth…
- Hears about the dragonborn in Whiterun, and journeys there,
intending to study him and record events.
- Ends up liking him and becoming friends.
- Is asked by Jarl Regis to tutor his son and go with him to
High Hrothgar to talk to the Greybeards.
- On the journey he starts to fall for a certain burly
fuckit I said I’d roll with it now watch it snowball into a Gladnis postinitially this was much to his horror, but he sees how gentle Gladio is, and how he ensures he’s a long way from people when the transformations hit.
- Ignis takes care of him after his transformations
- Uses a lot of different magic, and also one handed weapons.
As a thank you for reaching 150 followers (though I’m now somehow at over 300), I’m writing 150 word drabbles. Send me a person or a pairing plus a word or a sentence, and I’ll write you a 150 word drabble (or headcanon) in return! (note, drabble requests will close around Friday/Saturday 23rd/24th June)