Some more scattered headcanons…
- Kayn is not Noxian by blood, he is Ionian. He is the child of a prisoner of war, taken from his mother shortly after his birth. Both of his parents were Ionian. He does not remember or know anything about them.
- Kayn keeps his hair long because he was not permitted to keep it long while he was a part of the Noxian military. He takes excellent care of it, and will not permit many people to touch it. Those that do touch it without permission are swiftly reprimanded.
- Though Kayn isn’t one for culture, Ionian culture has a lot of references to one’s hair. Many of Ionia’s old leaders kept their hair long and beautiful, so it is seen as a symbol of respect to keep one’s hair clean.
- Rhaast cannot speak to others, only his “host”, which he speaks to telepathically. This is the same with all Darkin weapons. ( Of course, if Rhaast were to completely consume his host’s body, then he would be able to speak. )
- If one were to put down their Darkin weapon for a long period of time, the corruption would begin to recede. Areas previously affected by Darkin corruption will always have a lasting mark, and the user may lose partial or complete use of the limb for months or years afterwards, depending on how deep the corruption runs. Through extensive magic healing and physical therapy, they may regain function of the area again.