I don’t know what it is with locations in this show (like, why was Eileen geographically located in Alaska on BmoL screen, when she was killed the same day in South Carolina?). But something is seriously wrong.
I’m not sure if this is an actual clue or just shameless disregard for geography, but the place in Washington where Cas’ cottage in 12x23 lies (North Cove) is NOWHERE NEAR THE ACTUAL MOUNTAINS. It’s a beach area by the Pacific Ocean. I checked it three times after I noticed this:
Researchers gave lawyers a few different research memos. Sometimes they said a memo’s author was white. Sometimes they said its author was black. When lawyers thought the author was black, they judged it much more harshly.
You’re reading this article. Should it change your opinion of the piece’s quality to know that its author was white, black, or of another race? No, if you’re evaluating it on its merits.
Yet a new study by the consultancy firm Nextions shows that reviewers of a legal brief did just that.
In an experimental context, when reviewers were told the author of a legal brief was black they consistently rated identical pieces lower in quality and identified more spelling, grammar, factual, or analytical errors. It’s evidence that, even if the days of overt bigotry and explicit discrimination are mostly past, the United States still struggles with a deep problem of implicit racism.
Arin N. Revees, the president of Nextions and the author of the study, argues that the implicit racism happened because reviewers take the racial information she provided as a cue for how they should judge the work. When the author is supposed to be white, reviewers excused errors as out of haste or inexperience. They commented that the author “has potential” and was “generally a good writer but needs to work on” some skills. When the author is supposed to be black, those same errors became evidence of incompetence. A reviewer said he “can’t believe he [the author] went to NYU,” and others said he “needs lots of work” and was “average at best.”
i’m going to just leave this right here for all the “racism is in the past,” “it’s all in black people’s heads” and “black people love playing the victim” folks.
1. Your time is the best gift you can give. – In your relationships with others, nothing you can give is more appreciated than your sincere, focused attention. So don’t listen with an agenda or the intent to reply. Hear what is being said with the intent to truly understand.
2. You have the power to make a big difference. – Everyone in life wants to be loved and accepted. Your greatest achievements in life will be the direct result of finding this love and acceptance within yourself, and radiating it out to those around you.
3. What makes us different is what makes us special. – Don’t be too quick to judge others or bully them for being different. And don’t put up with those who call you “a friend” and then judge and bully you. Let go of the need to prove yourself to everyone else, and you’ll free yourself to accomplish what matters most to you.
4. Love is meant to be shared. – So many people save their ‘loving.’ They consciously avoid putting their heart into their relationships, surrendering, opening up, and sharing, because they want to save it all for the right people (best friends, lovers, etc.) But the problem is when the right people come along they don’t realize it, they don’t know how to open up, and they don’t know anything about the act of loving.
5. You have to love yourself too. – The best thing you can do to improve the quality of your relationships is to work on loving and healing yourself.
6. Praise and recognition matters. – Give genuine praise. This is an investment in them that doesn’t cost you a thing, and the returns can be amazing. Be sure to follow this rule: “Praise in public, penalize in private.”
7. Small gestures of kindness go a long way. – It seems like such a small thing, but in our busy lives we often forget that a kind word, a helping hand, or just a smile and a quick “thank you” can create a bright spot in another person’s life.
8. Without honesty there is no friendship. – Honesty is the first chapter in the book of all wisdom. Honesty is the only path forward. It’s always better to tell people the truth up front. So don’t play games with people’s heads and hearts. Telling the truth and making someone cry is better than telling a lie and making someone smile.
9. Loyalty means the world. – True love and real friendship aren’t about being inseparable. These relationships are about two people being true to each other even when they are separated. When it comes to relationships, remaining faithful is never an option, but an obligation.
10. Reaching out and staying in touch is important. – Stay in touch with those who matter to you because they’re worth the extra effort. Remember, you don’t need a certain number of friends, just a number of friends you can be certain of. Paying attention to these people is always a priority.
me, waking up at 4am in a cold sweat: what if there was a serial killer who took old spinny carnival rides and made them into a human microwave and played pop goes the weasel as he baked people hire me Criminal M—
sportarobbie fluff: Robbie tends to get a little touch starved and when it happens, he usually "accidentally" brushes up against sporp for that physical contact and eventually the sportsman catches on so whenever robbie goes and does that he just swoops in, picks him up and nuzzles into him (and probably carries him around for most of the day)
It gets to the point where as soon as Robbie comes into town, Sportacus stands uncomfortably close *just in case*. Some days Robbie just rolls his eyes and goes home but, as we all know, some days are harder than others. Sportacus will be doing stretching with the kids or something and Robbie just slogs over and lays his head in Sport’s lap. Sportacus cards a hand through Robbie’s hair and tells the kids to take it easy for the day.
Bonus: The New Favorite Game among the kids is to tackle hug Robbie after a scheme goes wrong, before he can disappear back into his lair.
Because Dangan Ronpa isn’t an animated game and you really can’t tell how a character moves around, does anyone else have any headcanons for how a character moves around?
Like mannerisms and idle standing habits?
I know it’s probably a weird thing to think about but when I’m playing visual novels like dangan Ronpa I let it play out like an animated movie in my mind, so I picture the way characters move and such so I’m curious what other people picture or personal headcanons regarding this?
For example here’s some of mine;
1. I always picture Komaeda being someone who never stands up perfectly straight. He has kind of a relaxed posture and sometimes even shoves his hands into his pockets. His posture comes off as a very approachable person. But when he has an uh…..”episode?” his movements get kind of shaky and unpredictable, almost like he cant contain himself.
2. Hinata I picture as the opposite in a sense. He’s always very tense and stands very straight/ridgid
3. Saihara so far I always picture being SLIGHTLY behind someone. Like I never picture him as front and center or moving to be in front of someone. If Kaito’s in the scene I always picture him standing slightly behind Kaito, like in the sense that if he wanted to he only needed to take a quick step over and he’d be completely behind Kaito.
4. In the same sense I always picture Kaito trying to push him forward when Saihara has something that need to be said to the group. I also picture Kaito putting his arm around Saihara’s shoulder a lot to do that.
5. God, I picture Ouma moving around A LOT. Like he really doesn’t sit still. Like while he’s at a trial at the podium he constantly switches from leaning on it, to sitting up, to leaning on it, to elbows on the podium, to sitting up straight. It’s the same when he’s just talking to people. Like he moves around them, almost circling them like a shark, sometimes “hanging” off of them. Like uncomfortably putting his arm around them, pulling people closer, putting his hand on their shoulder, ect. I also picture him speaking with his hands a lot.
Request: Can I make a Negan x reader request? So like where Negan is injured or something and the reader finds him unconscious on the side of the road and takes him to her house to patch him up. When he wakes up Negan has temporarily lost his memory so he stays at the reader’s place. Whilst she takes care of him she falls in love with him, but is terrified that he doesn’t feel the same and will just leave her when he gets his memory back. Thank you!!!
Warnings: Language. Blood. Mentions of death. Alcohol usage. Implied smut. Some inappropriate conversations/talk of sex. Fluff
“Fuck!” You hear a voice yell from a distance. There are a few other male voices that follow, but they are incoherent.
You stop in your tracks, cocking your head in the direction of the yelling. Part of you begins to feel worried- the yelling was going to attract walkers, and the last thing you needed was to fight a herd of walkers alone. You’re out hunting a mile away from your house, and you don’t have enough bows with you to take on very many.
Summary: Frat boy!Sam that was literally inspired by that video of Sam dancing to R Kelly. That’s literally it. Not sure if I want to make this a series or not!
Notes: Feedback is always appreciated!
You sighed, sulking in a corner of your best friend’s frat
house. How fucking gnarly to be here only just a few minutes after having
caught your boyfriend cheating. What a great entry to a fabulous weekend. You
swirled your cup in a circle, watching the liquid change colors as it swished
from each side.
“You’re being a downer, darling,” Harry said, sitting next
to you on the couch as he threw an arm over your shoulder. You just sighed,
leaning back as you sunk further into him. You and Harry had met at the
beginning of the year, both of you being well into your third year. You
transferred in the beginning and were lucky enough to be partnered with him
through a mentor program for your major, which happened to be Film and Media.
“It’s kind of hard to have fun when Jonathan’s probably
undressing some other girl already.” You groaned, leaning your head on his
shoulder. Harry sighed next to you, placing his drink, and yours, on the coffee
table across from you and hugging you, sideways, tighter.
“I know, babe,” he sighed, kissing the top of your head. “But,
I wouldn’t be a good friend if I let you sit here like the loser you feel like.”
“I feel the love and support, truly, I do.” You replied
sarcastically, whining when he let go of you to stand up and grab your hands,
pulling you up with him. “Harry, no,” you pouted, moving to pull your hands
away from him.
“Come on!” He was cut off by someone grabbing his shoulder,
turning him around. You looked behind him, seeing the cutest boy you’ve seen in
a long time, momentarily forgetting about Jonathan. But, of course, seeing him
made you think of him, making you
“Am I that ugly?” Harry’s friend asked, laughing at your
“Yeah, you are.” Harry teased, pulling you against him as he
got ready to introduce you to him.
“We’re twins, dickhead. If I’m ugly, you’re ugly.”
“We’re fraternal twins, I’m definitely cuter.” Harry countered,
causing you to look up at him. Twins?
“You didn’t tell me you had a brother – let alone, a twin…”
“Well, I have three, actually. One older, two younger.”
Harry smiled when Sam rolled his eyes, Sam trying to bite his tongue to point
out that Harry wasn’t that much older
“I’m Sam, love. Since, I don’t think my dear old brother isn’t going to introduce us,
like a gentleman.”
“I was getting to that,” Harry said, reaching a hand out to
shove the younger, but slightly taller, twin. “This is Sam, my brother, as you’ve
discovered. Sam, this is my best friend–”
“Ah, Y/N. I’ve heard quite a bit about you. Harry, I don’t
know what you mean, this might be the most beautiful person I’ve ever seen.
Nothing like a gremlin!” He took your hand in his, bringing it to his lips and
kissing the back of it. Your mouth hung open slightly as you looked at Harry,
shoving him away from you.
“I never said that! I never told you that!” Harry said
defensively, pointing at his twin. “You’re lucky there’s a crowd of people
here, I would have kicked your ass.”
Sam rolled his eyes, feigning being scared. “I’m shaking. Please,
don’t beat me up, big brother!”
You laughed at the exchange, making Sam look at you with a
“What are you doing here? Thought you couldn’t come because
you were studying.” Harry grumbled, trying to change the subject.
“I live in the frat house, kind of hard to ignore the
blaring music. Plus, something told me to come,” he glanced at Harry for a
second before turning to wink at you, “maybe it was destiny.” He smiled even wider when he noticed the pink in your
cheeks and your eyes move across the room, focusing on anything except him.
cringed, shaking his head. “Want a drink?” Harry told you he’d be back as he
left you to sit back down on the couch and lead Sam to the refreshments table.
Sam smiled at you once more before following his brother.
So my family just gave me my Grandpa’s cane collection, which is really sweet since I’m the only one in the family that needs any kind of mobility aid. And they’re all a really good height for me, which is great.
And hey look! This one is collapsable, which will be super helpful when I travel.
And look at this funky head! Wait a minute…the head detaches too?
Well played Grandpa. Sneaky flask that people only found ten years after your death. Very well played.
A/N: I’ve been so
busy the past days, so I haven’t been able to get it written before now! This
is also the first smut I ever write, so I’m a bit insecure about it, so please
let me know what you think! It would really mean a lot! (The smut is at the
end, so you can just skip the ending if you don’t want to read it). And there’s
almost 100 notes on part 1, which is a LOT for me, so that’s pretty crazy! I
really hope this part lives up to your expectations!
home late” Natasha stated, as you walked into the tower. She was casually
sitting on the couch. “Am I? I didn’t even notice” It wasn’t a
complete lie, you had no idea what time it was, but you knew you were back
later than they expected you to.
did you and Peter do?” She asked, looking up at you with a friendly smile.
You stood frozen, not knowing what to do or say. You really wanted to talk to
someone about how Peter made you feel, but you clearly remembered his words
about Tony not knowing. But Natascha wasn’t Tony, so maybe you could tell her?
ehm” You watched as her smile changed into a smirk. “I won’t tell.
Consider this girl talk. It stays between us girls” She padded the space
next to her, and you sat down.
me a lot of new words. Like girlfriend. And-we-kissed-a-bit, and then I met his
aunt, and she’s really lovely!” You said, focusing more on playing with
your fingers than her. “You kissed?” She asked surprised, and you
looked up at her.
so sweet. He makes me forget all the bad things I’ve done. He makes me feel
warm and fuzzy. When he’s not here, I keep thinking about him. When he is, I
keep wanting to feel his lips again” You confessed, as you could feel your
cheeks heating up.
I think you’re in love”
A couple of
weeks passed with you going to school, and going home to Peter after. When you
both worked out in the tower, you couldn’t help but admire his body. You had
gone on a few dates, but you were yet to take May’s offer.
Tony was impressed
by your progress as well. Just yesterday he had told you, how far you’ve come,
and how you didn’t remind him of a robot anymore. You could feel it too. It was
easier to talk to other people now. You knew what to say and what to keep
quiet. Most of the school knew about you and Peter, but Tony still didn’t have
You heard Tony say, as you sat in front of the TV. You had started watching
TV-shows, and the more seasons you watched, the more references you understood.
“I ran a DNA-test, and I found something really interesting” You
looked up at him, waiting for him to continue. “I found a missing person’s
report. You have a family” It took you sometime to understand the words,
and as you let them sink in, flashes started playing in your mind. Pictures of
people you had never seen before.
You head was
spinning, as more pictures came into you mind. You could remember everything,
but these pictures were new to you, but they had the feeling of a memory. Could
it really be? A family? Somebody waiting for you to come back to them? What
would you do? Would they really love you again? If they knew all the things you
had done? You regretted it deeply, but it was still your actions. Could they
really love a murderer?
happened to me?” You asked overwhelmed. “You were at the park. They
looked away for a minute, then they heard you scream, but you were gone. You
were 5 at the time. They still come to the police station every year. They never
gave up” He told you.
have a name?” You asked with a shaking voice. It felt like your lungs had
collapsed. It was getting harder to breathe, but you didn’t know how to help
it. “Iris. Your name is Iris” You hid your head in your hands, as new
images started flashing before your eyes. You remembered the feeling of the
large hands around you, as they forcefully took you off the swing, you
remembered screaming at the top of your lungs, only to have a hand cover your
mouth. You had heard your mother yell your name from a far, but it had been too
long. You would never see them again. You let out a scream as all the memories
came back to you.
happened? Tony, what have you done?” You heard Natascha yell, but you couldn’t
react. Your body wouldn’t listen to you, and you felt paralysed. “y/n?” You
heard a familiar voice, and you let out another scream. Your brain was hurting,
as you kept seeing new images in your head. You felt someone’s arms around, and
you instantly pushed them away. You tried to convince yourself that you were
still in the tower, but when you looked at the person you had just pushed, you
only saw the awful face of the person who had taken you. He was the reason for
all the regret you felt.
He walked closer
to you, and your childhood fear overtook you will to fight, leaving you standing
frozen, as he pulled you into a hug. “It’s me. Baby, it’s me. It’s okay, you’re
okay, we’re okay. It’s just me” Peter’s voice kept repeating, as he held you
tight. You started crying uncontrollably, but he didn’t let go of you. He kept
you in his arms, till you were calmer. He gently kissed your forehead, as he
let you go.
them” You said, barely above a whisper. “I remember he took me away” They had
put you through a living hell, but you had forgotten that as well. A rage
overtook the sorrow you had felt before, and you wanted nothing more than to
kill them. Put them through the torture you were.
“I wanna shut
them down. It’s a organization, and I think we should stop them. I don’t want
anyone else to lose their lives because of them” You said coldly.
“I don’t think
you should get involved. We already tracked them down, thanks to you, but I
want you to stay away from this one. And Peter, I want you to make sure she
does so.” Tony said strictly. You wanted to tell him off, but you knew he was
right. You shouldn’t be a part of this. You knew you would end up killing them,
and you didn’t want to take another life, even if they had taken so many
“Now, I’ll have
Happy pick you up, and take you to a hotel. You will not leave the hotel room
till we’re back” You had a feeling that Tony had been planning this for a
while. He was more than prepared it seemed.