this whole discourse is like a group of kids walking up to the band director and saying that because theyre in theater, they should be in band. they dont play any instruments, and have no desire to learn the instruments, but they love the atmosphere of the band and want in.
they use the argument that plays have band pits in them, so that means they totally fit in, but refuse to listen to the band director when he says that in band, you need to play some kind of instrument, and they call him a thesbiphobe
On this day in music history: March 22, 1963 - “Please Please Me”, the debut album by The Beatles is released. Produced by George Martin, it is recorded at Abbey Road Studios in London from September 11, 1962, November 26, 1962 and February 11, 1963. Following the huge breakthrough success of the single “Please Please Me” in the UK, producer George Martin calls the group down to London for a one day session to record their first full length. The material recorded consists of six cover versions of songs the band has been playing in their live act along with eight original songs by Lennon and McCartney. Recorded live (with few overdubs) to one inch two-track tape, the three three hour sessions (on February 11, 1963) run from 10 in the morning until approximately 10:30 at night. In roughly 585 minutes (9 hours and 45 minutes), at a cost of only £400 ($609.85 USD), The Beatles create one of the best selling albums in British music history. The album spends nearly five months at number one on the UK album chart, before it is replaced by their second album “With The Beatles” in December of 1963. Originally issued both mono and stereo, the first edition UK stereo LP (black Parlophone label with metallic gold print) has less than 1,000 copies manufactured with this label, becoming one of the rarest and most sought after Beatles albums by collectors. One near mint copy sells for over $18,000 on eBay in September of 2011. Issued in different forms in the US during the 60’s (“Introducing The Beatles” and “The Early Beatles”), the original UK version of “Please Please Me” is finally issued domestically in February of 1987 when it is first released on CD. When the album is remastered on CD in 2009, the stereo CD uses the original Parlophone gold label for the first time since its original release in 1963.
a little late this week since i just got back from spring break, but here is my music “monday” for this week: last night by motion city soundtrack. if you don’t already know, MCS is one of my all time favorite bands and i love playing there songs! see you next week!
- the time i was off my tits on mdma and i lay on the bowling green on bank park and yelled out that i was the jesus of suburbia
- the time i was in level with caitlin and basket case came on and i cried and had like three minutes of total euphoria
- the time i was at retro bar watching my friend’s band and they played jesus of suburbia and i was having a super emotional day and lmao you guessed it i cried
- the time i went to a gig at my friend’s flat and i was drunk and one of the guys on the line up played welcome to paradise and then later they put warning on for me and i sat by the speakers and ??? did i cry ?? idk probably
- the time i was walking through town wearing my dookie shirt and walked past a busker playing f.o.d and we had a Moment
ME: *sees mcr* *starts crying in class* *listens to mcr out loud in class*
TEACHER: WHO IS PLAYING THAT?????
ME: *raises hand* Me, bc this is the day this band died and my heart did too… *gets referral* *tells principal*
PRINCIPAL: She doesn’t need this *rips referral*
ME: *walks out crying still*
I Love Myself Because… Tagged by @samgirlcarmen Rules Post a selfie and list five to ten reasons you love yourself. Then tag 10 people who need to know how much they love themselves because honestly, we all need a reminder sometimes.
1. I love myself because I’m not a typical girl. I love working on cars and getting dirty outside. 2. I love myself because I will conquer my anxiety and depression. 3. I love myself because I’m stubborn and hate admitting I’m hurt. 4. I love myself because I’m a Band kid and I play percussion. 5. I love myself because I’m a total weirdo. 6. I love myself because my best friend is always there for me. 7. I love myself because I still watch cartoons. 8. I love myself because I’m broken and that’s okay. 9. I love myself because I Am Enough. 10. I love my because I dye my hair.
My boyfriend broke up with me because he was afraid of what might happen because of homophobia and also because he didn't feel he could be in a relationship anymore because of his depression but we're still best friends and I love him lots and I make sure he's safe and well and I support him a ton and I'm so happy to have him in my life (also we play music together in our high school jazz band)
my heart aw 💙 its good youre still friends i hope hes doing alright !! 💙