About covering up mic and camera
If someone has them taped over, please do not ridicule them.
First of all, several people who know a lot on the subject agree that it’s a good idea. Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates both have their cameras taped over. The American military as well as the CIA use computers that have a little plastic cover for the camera when it’s not in use.
I personally don’t feel alarmed regarding my laptop since I tend to have it closed unless I’m sitting motionless in front of it. Not much useful information there.
But it’s just as easy to hack a phone camera and microphone, both front and back.
Second of all; even if you think this is ridiculous, you don’t know their situation.
This person could
• be hiding from an abuser
• have incredibly controlling/strict parents
• be an immigrant without all their papers in order right now
• have a history of being stalked
• have a mental illness that causes them to worry or feel like they’re being followed or watched
• you literally don’t need to know their reasons in order to respect their choices