I posted about it on my other blog but I haven’t had the time until now to update.
Kira went in for surgery on Friday and we were optimistic that everything was going to go well without a hitch.
Unfortunately, Kira started to have complications and her body was unable to clot, which resulted in us having to rush her to an emergency clinic before she started to bleed out. It would seem that her white blood cell issues also caused her to have a blood clotting issue and they think she might either have cancer or be neutropenic.
Thankfully, they got her bleeding issues under control but we genuinely thought we were going to lose her. The only reason she survived was because of a plasma transfusion to the tune of $2000. She was able to come home yesterday, and now we’re waiting for her biopsy results as well as the next twelve days so that we can get her staples and stitches removed.
The unfortunate part of everything is that we discussed the next steps for her and both my husband and I have decided that if Kira is diagnosed with cancer, we’re going to skip treatment and allow her to live out what she has left naturally.
We both don’t want to watch her become a walking zombie pumped full of meds, and cannot afford the $30k price tag on chemotherapy and marrow transplantations.
Just keep her in your thoughts for the next few weeks.