Jamaican Spice Plantain Porridge Recipe
- 380-400g Peeled Green Plantains
- 750 ml Water
- 250 ml Coconut Cream
- 1 Cinnamon Bark
- 1 Pinch of Salt
- 250 ml Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 165 Condensed Milk (optional)
- Freshly Grated Nutmeg (about ⅛ tsp or 6 slides on a grater)
- Wash, peel and slice green plantains into 3 cm slices slices into 3 cm.
- Put the plantain and water in a blender and pulse until chopped fine then blend to a smooth puree
- Pour it in a pot with cinnamon and turn on the stove on low heat. Keep stirring to prevent lumps. A lumpy plantain porridge is the result of an untended pot.
- Add salt and stir.
- Add coconut cream and stir for about 15 minutes
- Add milk and stir.
- Add vanilla and nutmeg and stir.
- After about 20-25 minutes of total cooking time, turn off heat, add condensed milk according to taste.