I’m going to smack some facts into you about birth control
1. Top tier birth control (as in, less than 1/1000 chance of being pregnant in a year with said birth control) can EASILY cost $1000+ in the USA without health insurance. The first time I got my nexplanon (which was right before the Affordable Care Act, aka Obamacare, aka the ACA) cost me $600 out of pocket and my insurance paid $1200. Whenever it was time to renew it (it only lasts 3 years), it was when the ACA was put into place, I got it FREE because I had changed health insurances since then.
1b. I tried a few different things before settling on the nexplanon. I LOVED the patch (slap on a patch for 3 weeks, break for one, get a new packet of patches), but it cost me $110 PER MONTH (and you needed to buy a new pack every month), so this was just too expensive for me at the time!
2. Birth control, under all circumstances, does NOT cause abortions (even emergency contraception). If the sperm has touched egg, NOTHING HAPPENS. Nothing, at all! Plan B/the morning after pill DOES NOT CAUSE ABORTION!
3. Birth control helps a LOT of things besides preventing pregnancies. It can help manage super bad menstrual cycle symptoms (as well as PMS symptoms), for example.
4. No, birth control does NOT raise your risk of breast cancer.
5. Studies have PROVEN without a shadow of a doubt, that when young women have access to affordable birth control, their likelihood of getting pregnant PLUMMETS as well as abortion rates.
6. Nothing is 100% possible for preventing pregnancy, besides not having sex. You can use condoms, birth control, spermicide (which, raises your risks of STIs/STDs by the way, because it makes your vagina’s inners not as tough, basically), and the morning after pill and it still not be 100% effective.
7. None of your money in America EVER went to ‘help fund abortions’. Look at the Hyde amendment. This prevents tax money (yes, YOUR tax money) from funding abortions.