I'm trying to do a makeover of my room pretty cheap. My roommate is incredibly childish and petty so me and my bf intend on spending all of our time in our room and I need to make it my own personal relaxation place away from them. I want to do a black, white and grey theme. Any tips on cheap bedroom makeovers? -comforters -sheets and pillowcases -how to make storage space and space in general in a teeny tiny room -how to find smaller dressers
1. Because you have a small room, look into purchasing wall shelves. These are perfect for storing books, accessories, cute cacti, etc.
2. Buy ceiling hooks and start hanging vining plants from your ceiling.
3. In terms of comforters and sheets, use Amazon. Based on your color scheme, I would look for a black comforter and white or striped sheet combo. Please note that cum stains show up easily on black fabric! Just something to keep in mind.
4. Keep your walls as minimal as possible. Hopefully they are painted white! If you have to hang things, buy them black frames. If you feel like you absolutely cannot live without posters, but map or travel themed posters.
6. If you have a closet in your room and are feeling down for some DIY, take the door off its hinges and install a beaded curtain instead. Beaded curtains help small spaces appear larger than they are. I just linked to a random one I liked, find one that you like.
7. Get a dry erase board to hang on your door for important notes and inspirational messages.
8. If you have a desk area, or even space on top of your dresser, utilize it! Keep these areas neat and simplistic, and of course add some more plants. Buy your plants cute little white or black pots to continue your color scheme.
9. If you don’t have a desk, invest in a cozy space for you to sit that is not your bed. This could be a white bean bag, an upholstered black leather chair, etc. Do not spend all your time chilling on your bed.
10. Use shoe organizers that hang on the back of your door to store odds and ends. Pencils, bracelets, gummies, etc.
And send me pictures if you do any of these things!