I imagine Adam going off to college and being exposed to new tv shows, movies, music, culture; just everything.
He dislikes the pop music that some of his friends listen to, but he’s really come to love the 90s era rock that his roommate blasts when he’s in the shower.
Homework keeps him from binge-watching films and shows like everyone suggests, but after a lot of complaining and guilt tripping, Adam finally takes the time to watch Game of Thrones. He texts Ronan at 4am one morning, to tell him to get caught up so they can watch it together when he comes to visit. He gets a middle finger emoji in response.
His clothing changes too. His loose jeans and oversized t-shirts are fitted now. He even wears pink on Wednesdays, though he hasn’t seen the movie the campus tradition comes from.
A classmate of his is a hair stylist on the weekends and gives him a modern trim she says his boyfriend will love. She says something about a taper fade, but Adam doesn’t know what that means, so he trusts her to do what she thinks looks good. It can’t be any worse than the mess he already has and he’s right; it looks great. He sends a photo to Ronan and almost instantly there’s an incoming text that has heat rushing to Adam’s cheeks.
College changes a lot of things about Adam.
But when he goes back to the Barns, goes back to Ronan and Opal, none of that matters. Ronan still kisses him stupid any chance he gets, they still go on late-night drives in the BMW, they still talk about Gansey and Blue and Henry and Noah, and they still spend a lot of time doing absolutely nothing in each other’s company.
Ronan embraces Adam’s changes, loves them with the ease that always came with loving Adam Parrish.
“Ronan,” Adam starts. He’s laying on the couch in nothing but a pair of sleeping pants, head on his boyfriend’s lap. “Did you get caught up on Game of Thrones?”
Ronan puts down his magazine.
“I’m going to be honest with you,” he sighs. “I did. I’m actually a season ahead.”
- Besides the wampus, wampus students also use a bear as a mascot
- Video game/board game night in the dining hall
- Common room sleepovers
- Sleepovers in the gym
- Icebreakers on the first three days
- Wizard posters in the classroom talking about respecting others
- Bulletin boards in almost every hall
- They also have moving staircases and there’s constantly students yelling “who the fucks idea was it to have moving staircases?!?!”
- Sometimes music plays in the halls especially in the morning right before the first classes
- All United States, Central America, and Canadian holidays are celebrated and lessons taught on them even if they have no magic significance
- Lots of magical petitions
- Students learn about the witch hunts and witch trials from all around the world, not just the Salem witch trials
- Everyone just kinda assumes detention is gonna be like breakfast club
- Magical fireworks on each Independence Day and New Year’s Eve
- People genuinely think there is dark magic in a Walmart and Target at 1 am
- Plays in theater class are always different but they always do one of wicked
- Students decorate their robes and hats
- When students were hearing about hp across the Atlantic Ocean it was one the few times they got to say “what the fuck is wrong with the uk rn??”
- During the entire month of October there’s a movie played in the dining hall/great hall either a witchy movie or a scary movie
- Entire floors of the castle are dedicated the haunted houses/halls on Halloween and sometimes a few days prior
- Sometimes if parents refused to let their child attend ilvermorny those particular students would find each other in their schools or towns form their own witch/wizard group very commonly they are disguised as “innocent” looking groups, such as cheerleaders or Girl Scouts
- Everyone wears pink on Wednesday and black on mondays or fridays
- Quidditch cheerleaders, and of course cheerleaders for the magical version of no-maj sports
- Students not only study elemental witchcraft but also bone, energy, dream, crystal, mammal, insect, smoke, traditional, traditional medicine, science, art, blood, space, voodoo, psychic, music, and food witchcraft
- Students have historical witch/wizard role models
- YouTube tutorial on certain potions
- When the craft came out almost every girl got the same outfits as the four main women, same thing happened when American horror story: coven came out
- Students, specifically girls, like to do the nose twitch thing from bewitched, occasionally adding the ding aling sound
- Hallucinogenic drugs including traditional drugs and/or medicine like peyote are not looked down upon at all, this also includes, depending on who you’re talking to, marijuana
- Some wizards and witches find magic shows offensive
- But sometimes magic shows are preformed by actual wizard and witches
- Lots of magic, especially cleaning magic, is literally done with a wave of the hand or a snap of two fingers
- If a student is shopping in their local wizarding alley for their first year at ilvermorny and they are going to adopt a pet there, there is a wizarding animal shelter, they make sure students learn to adopt and not shop when it comes to companions
- If a witch is called a bitch by a man they usually respond “no im a witch”
Nesryn’s life was supposed to be all laid out in front of her. Get through college, continue on her gymnastics career, and eventually get into the Olympics. Easy, right? But after a terrible accident, she’s been scared to step foot anywhere near a tumbl trak. Plus, she’s got her ex-bf to worry about, friends that have equal problems of their own and him. The guy that starts with an ‘S’ and ends in trouble-town. [Part 1/3]