1 can (1 pound, 4 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, not drained
5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1-¾ cups sugar
3 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 egg yolks
¼ cup heavy cream
1-¼ cups sour cream
1 can (1 pound, 4 ounces) pineapple slices, drained
1. Heat oven to 400°F.
2. Crust: Combine flour and sugar in a large bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Add yolks and vanilla; stir until dough holds together; chill for 30 minutes.
3. Pat one-third of dough evenly over the bottom of a 10-inch springform pan.
4. Bake at 400°F for 8 minutes or until crust is lightly browned; cool on wire rack. Pat remaining dough evenly onto side of pan; chill while preparing fillings.
5. Pineapple Filling: Stir sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Place over medium-high heat. Slowly stir in pineapple. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes. Set aside.
6. Cheesecake Filling: Reset oven to 475°F. Beat cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla in a large bowl with mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and yolks, one at a time, blending well after each addition. Stir in heavy cream.
7. Spoon Pineapple Filling evenly onto crust, then pour cheese mixture over it, being careful not to overfill (you may have a little extra batter).
8. Bake at 475°F for 12 minutes. Reduce temperature to 250°F; bake 1 hour and 15 minutes. Spread sour cream evenly on top. Bake 15 more minutes. Turn oven off and let cake remain in oven for 1 hour. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. Release and remove side of pan.
9. Arrange pineapple slices on top of cake; refrigerate until serving.