Just a bit of help for ARMY
This is a guideline to help any confused ARMYs understand what should and should not be submitted to help BTS with any future legal proceedings based around malicious content and rumors.
What counts as malicious content and accusations (what you SHOULD be submitting as evidence):
- rape accusations
- accusations of fan abuse without proof or question
- accusations of idol abuse without proof or question
- accusations of plagiarism without proof or question
- accusations of racist, homophobic, sexist, or other bigoted statements or actions without proof or question
- accounts or users dedicated to condoning, spreading, or participating in stalking, harming, or murdering members
- accounts or users dedicated to spamming official BTS or BigHit accounts with harmful, offensive, or grotesque content
- accounts or users creating, spreading, and spamming photoshopped images depicting members as socially ignorant or offensive towards other idol groups
What DOES NOT count as malicious content and accusations (what you SHOULD NOT be submitting as evidence):
- fan-created literature based on queer ships within BTS
- fan-created art based on queer ships within BTS
- open conversations or posts based on the speculation of a member’s sexuality
- accounts or users dedicated to queer ships, fanart, or fanfiction
- gifs, videos, or still frames edited with fake subs unless they fall under any category of the previous list
- accounts or users, whether part of the fandom or otherwise, expressing dissatisfaction with BTS in a manner that is neither destructive or severely offensive
Submitting what is in the first list is not against free speech and will be assessed by BigHit’s and BTS’s legal team in hopes of protecting their reputation as well as their personal safety and comfort.
Submitting what is in the second list will only waste the time of the people who are assessing the content submitted and could potentially cause problems that really don’t need to be issues in this fandom or within BTS.
Please use objective and critical thinking when searching for and submitting content that will be used as evidence. This is a process to help BTS, not push any personal agendas.
Any questions, feel free to ask.