Valentine's Day is coming, what would the chocobros do for their S/O? :D
I had to get this typed up today! Happy valentines guys! (If you’ve read this you’re now my valentine, no take backs! Muhahaha, ily!) ❤ Anyway, read on and spend your valentines with your favourite chocobro! (Or if you’re like me, all of them…)
- Hey shall we go
check out that dungeon for valentines? Just kidding. Kinda.
- Noctis would give you your card and you’d give him his, but before you can
open yours he’d make an excuse to leave the room.
- Little do you know he literally just lingers outside of the door, out of
- Anyway, you open your card waiting for him to get back, but something falls
out of it.
- A slip of paper lands in your lap, but you pick it up to see it’s a poem.
- Handwritten. In Noctis’ loopy scrawl.
- He’s written you a poem.
- And what’s more, it’s really good.
- About how you met, how much he cares about you, the way he adores how you
look and just how you are.
- It’s all sappy and mushy and it’s just everything he wishes he could say to
your face without it sounding muddled and a hell of a lot less eloquent.
- And then from the corner of your eye you spot the little bin he has in his
room, filled to the brim with crumpled up paper that was extremely similar to
- How long had he spent on it? Getting frustrated and no doubt worked up into
an angry defiant ball as he so usually did. But he persevered because he just
so badly wanted to tell you exactly how he felt but he sucks at speaking face
to face about that kind of stuff.
- You’re emotional just thinking about how much work he had to have put into
this one slip of paper.
- “Shit, are you crying?”
- His voice startles you, and you look up to see him walking over to you
- “I’m sorry if it’s not great, I tried.”
- “No silly, it’s… it’s wonderful, thank
- “Oh… oh well, I’m glad you like it.”
- He’d go into bashful mode at your gratitude, which is why he left the room in
the first place because he didn’t want to be all awkward for you.
- But his pulse is racing and his heart is singing because holy shit they like it.
- And all those hours he put in didn’t matter, because he’s just happy to know
that you know how he really feels, and that you’re happy.
- You’d go over to see Prompto in the morning, but find he
doesn’t seem to actually be in his house. He doesn’t answer when you call him. Instead,
you find a picture taped to his bedroom door.
- It’s a picture of… the kitchen?
- You head on over to the kitchen holding the photograph, and look exactly
where he took the picture to see another photo with a heart shaped chocolate
next to it.
- This is a scavenger hunt!
- This picture shows the sofa in the living room area, so you hurry on over to
- Just as expected, there’s another photo and yet another heart shaped
- So cute.
- This time this was a photo of the table behind you, but in the corner there
were words written in the hand you recognised so well.
- ‘Getting warmer!’ - You turn to the table to see yet another photograph and of course, a heart
shaped chocolate to accompany it.
- Lifting the photo you recognise that it’s a picture of Prompto’s bedroom.
There is more writing on the photo in the same scrawl.
- ‘Nearly there now!’
- You rush to the bedroom, wondering what you might find, and open the door.
- There, right in the middle of the bed is your adorable boyfriend, looking really pleased with himself.
- On his lap is a huge teddy bear – so cliché but so adorable.
- “You found me!” He’s so excited, his blue eyes bright with excitement.
- “I did!” You’d go to join him on the bed, and he hands over the teddy bear to
- “Happy valentines! Oh and I also got you this…” His voice trails off a little
at the end and you can tell he is suddenly nervous.
- He hands you something in a small brown paper bag. Curious, you slide the
object out of the bad and into your palm.
- It’s an adorable photo of the two of you, looking incredibly happy together.
The photo itself is in a silver frame, decorated with cutesy hearts.
- “I… I hope it’s alright. It’s my favourite photo.” He’s fiddling with the bed
covers, barely able to keep contact cause damn
it he’s just so nervous.
- Your heart could burst, this boy is the cutest!
- He beams as you tell him you love it.
- Best valentines ever.
- Gladio would act like normal for the morning.
- He’d give you a card of course, but say he has nothing planned.
- You’d be a bit disappointed, but what can you do?
- He’d even go off to do his usual workout routine. Maybe valentines just wasn’t
- So you’d go on about your day as normal, until the night fell.
- Suddenly Gladio’s face has lit up, he’s all smiles as he asks you to come
outside with him.
- “Wha- but it’s night time?”
- “Come on!” He’d urge so you’d get up to follow him.
- Outside there are… candles? There’s
a large candle every so often in the road, and you can see the trail lead off
into the distance with a soft glow. You look back at Gladio in bewilderment.
- “You didn’t think I’d forget did you?” He is grinning, folding his arms and
looking rather pleased with himself.
- “You did all that?” You gesture incredulously.
- “Well, I only set them out earlier, I enlisted the help of three friends to
light them all.” He remembered how much complaining Noctis had done. It’s okay, my lover is worth it.
- Gladio took your hand and you set off walking under the blanket of the night
sky, walking past one of the candles every now and then.
- “Here, I also got you this.”
- “Oh, what is it – Gladio.”
- He’s handed you a small survival tool kit.
- “It pays to be prepared. And it will put my mind at ease.” He insisted.
- You roll your eyes at him but you have to stifle a giggle. Typical Gladio.
- Finally you get to the end of the candle lit path, where a lovely bunch of
roses are waiting for you.
- Gladio would wrap his warm jacket around you suddenly, taking you into his
big strong arms.
- “Did I fool you then?”
- “You certainly did.” You told him, pulling him down for a kiss.
- He pulls away with that cheeky smirk in place, a glint in his eye.
- “What…?” You ask wearily.
- “I always wondered what it would be like to go… al fresco.”
- His laugh is infectious and soon you join in.
- But hey, if you’re down with the idea he definitely is.
- This guy will play to his strength and cook you the most amazing meal you’ve ever had, and that’s
saying something since you eat his cooking a lot.
- He’d have it all ready for you by the time you arrive, the table beautifully
set and – of course – candle lit.
- He’d spoil you rotten the entire day as well, massages, food and drink, you
- He’d also really love the gift you got him, and chuckle at the very soppy
card (which by the way, he’d never get rid of).
- When he hands you his card, you realise he has hand made it. It’s lovely and
elegant and so Iggy, but so you at
the same time.
- When you finish the meal, he’d come round to your side and offer you his hand
to dance with him.
- Even if you protest that you suck, he’ll let you stand on his toes and he’d
- All he wants is to be close and
intimate with you damn it.
- He’d press you against him as you danced, needing to feel you close.
- He’s also really good.
- It would be slow and sensual, you’d be hyper aware of the way his fingertips
drifted over your arms, rested at the small of your back, trailed over your
jawline with feather light touches…
- “I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this at all… but you are truly beautiful.”
- “You may have mentioned it once or twice.” You’d tease him, to which he’d
- “It never hurts just to be sure.”
- Near the end of the song he’d dip you down in a classic move so smooth with
his hands steadying you, your thigh round his hip.
- And he’d give you a little smirk before bending down to kiss you hard.
- When you’re finally up right, you’re giving him such bedroom eyes it unreal.
- You know he understands as his smirk turns into a full blown grin.
- “Shall we?” And with that he’d lead you to the bedroom.
A/N: This just kind of…happened? @kurtwxgners and @jubilationlxee proof read this a while back bc they’re Angels™. Feedback would be wonderful because I’ve never written for Jonathan before! Also the title is Terrible but ignore that lmao
You and Jonathan have been close friends
for a while. You started talking to him because you’re in a few classes
together, and it didn’t take you long to figure out that yeah he’s quiet, but
he’s also kind and smart and he’s interested in photography and he likes the
same books as you and you both became each other’s best friend without really
thinking about it.
You study together and hang out after
school, Jonathan taking photos or fiddling with his camera and you reading or
talking to him. It all feels very routine and easy and natural. Like breathing.
Sometimes he carries your books between classes, and sometimes you help him with
his photos in the dark room. The two of you work well together; fit well
You’re studying together in the library one
afternoon when you realise that you love him. That in its self isn’t a
revelation, but as you watch him going over a set of problems, chewing
absentmindedly on the end of his pencil, the realisation that you’re utterly in
love with him hits you like a goddamn ton of bricks.
Nothing changes for you. Not immediately.
The newfound knowledge of your feelings for him is a constant, familiar weight
at the back of your mind, but the routine the two of you have is so consistent,
so natural to you that it’s easy to go through the motions like nothing is
different. He’s your best friend. You love him. The earth turns round the sun.
Night follows day.
Shortly after you figure out how you feel,
however, the usual pattern starts to give way to newer motions. You notice when
he takes your books from you. The feeling of his hand brushing against yours
sends shivers ricocheting through you. When he smiles at you, it ignites
something warm and heavy in your chest, filling you with an unfamiliar mix of
longing and profound calm. Little things you paid no attention to before are
suddenly full of new meaning, new weight.
You resolutely push this strange longing to
the back of your mind. Jonathan is your best friend. He loves you but he’s not in
love with you. And that’s fine. Most of the time it’s enough just to be around
him. Most of the time does not mean all the time, however, and some days the
longing refuses to be buried, rising sharp and demanding and heartbroken, and on these days it’s all
you can keep from doing something desperate or reckless, like yelling at him or
pushing him away. Or kissing him.
The thought floats unbidden to the front of
your mind, dangerous and damning and utterly intoxicating, because you can deny
it all you want, but you love him so much it scares you a little and just
looking at him makes your heart feel too big for your chest, because you want
him more than you think you’ve wanted anything before.
You’re looking at his photos together in
his room one evening when he tells you you’re beautiful. He says it carelessly.
Like a throwaway remark. Like you should already know he thinks you’re
beautiful, but as you stare at the photo of you that he had taken, the one you
had grimaced at because you didn’t like how you looked, it doesn’t feel careless
or throwaway or familiar. It feels like he told you that you’re beautiful.
You can’t comprehend anything but how much
you love him, and as you reach out to pull his lips to yours, you can’t make
yourself care that this might be the end of your friendship. All you know is
that if this is your only chance to kiss him, then you want to remember it. Everything
feels rushed and desperate and reckless and wild, and then you feel his arms
wind around your waist and suddenly everything stops, because you’re kissing him and he’s kissing you back
and you love him and he might love you back and his lips taste like hope, like
forgiveness, like flying.
When you pull back, Jonathan’s breathing is
shaky and you think there are tears in your eyes and his forehead is resting against
yours and everything is perfect.
“I love you,” you breathe, stars in your
eyes as you look at him, and when he smiles back at you, you swear your
heartbeat changes tempo.
Title: nip thy affections (in the bloome) [AO3 / FFN] Fandom: Katekyou Hitman Reborn Warnings: none?? probably none. A/N: i got weirdly attached to this jumbled mess of writing and cannot leave it alone.
Summary: When Reborn says, You can do it, Sawada Tsunayoshi, he always means it. Because this is not the first obstacle, nor the first time.
You can do it. You have to. The others did, so you must.
gajevy week day 3 – lipstick. Finally a longer one; I’m much happier with this than the past couple of days. (Title taken from the song “She Looks So Perfect” by 5 Seconds of Summer. The song doesn’t have anything to do with the prompt, the lyric just happened to fit)
Inspired by “The Makeout Project” by Jedediah Johnson
The moment she spots him crossing the street towards her building, Levy knows she’ll have to kill her best friend. A regrettable thing, really, but necessary.
Because why else would Gajeel Redfox be coming to her studioduring a work session unless Lucy had sent him there? Levy is sure as shit thather best friend hadn’t explained to him the caveat in her project, and lordis this going to be awkward.
Levy whips out her phone in the few moments she has before he’soutside the studio door and quickly sends a text. I’m going to kill you, just so you know.
Her phone chirps almost immediately. We’ll see. Now go get ‘er done ;)
She stifles an irritated squawk. What does Lucy think she’s doing?
This isn’t going to work the way her friend thinks it will, there is no way on
earth, but oh god what is she going to do? Quick, think, think, think–
She twitches violently as the door’s buzzer sounds, her phone
jumping from her hand to the couch beside her. Her hands flutter uselessly and
for a second she debates not letting him in. Will he go away if she never
A loud buzzing fills the studio a second time and it seems that
no, he will not. Without thinking Levy dashes to the front of the studio,
quickly darting to the side to check her lipstick in the small mirror by the
door. Her cheeks flush slightly as she remembers why it’s there, but before she
can reconsider, she forces herself to take hold of the door handle and slide it
open. “Hey,” she says, hoping she doesn’t sound nearly as panicked as she is.
She steps aside to let him in. His boots thud loudly against the
hardwood floors, prompting her to say, “Oh, would you mind taking those off?
I’m only renting this studio and I don’t want to get scratches on the floor.” Or you could just tell him now and watch him
scramble out the door. Would be easier.
She banishes the pessimistic thought away in favor of one a little
more hopeful. “I’m assuming Lucy didn’t tell you much about my project?” Please say she did, please say she did–
“What? You gonna stab me in the name of art or somethin’?”
She laughs. “No, nothing like that. But, um…”
“C’mon, just spit it out. Thought you just needed to take my
“That’s not quite… here, it’s probably easier if I just show you.”
Then she won’t have to tell him and maybe this won’t get quite as awkward.
Unlikely, but a girl can hope.
My latest ARC (which I shouldn’t even be reading I have so many current reads and TBRs…but I have no self control)
So far, The Sun Is Also a Star feels like a young adult E.L. Konigsburg (particularly, A View From Saturday) with tangents of (ir)relevant science, history, and culture mixed into the rapid-fire chapters. Also, it features a mixed race romantic couple where, refreshingly, neither are white.
niall selfie proves once again that his eyes are magical. they are fucking proof that heaven exists. they're giving me hope for this world. they are true wonder. they are divine. niall is divine. i love niall. please post his selfie in answer to this ask. everyone deserves to see him. this eyes.... i'm dead.
WORDS CAN’T EVEN BEGIN TO EXPRESS WHAT THIS DOES TO ME
Look at him. LOOK AT HIS FACE. LOOK AT HIS EYESSSSSS. He doesn’t even need a fucking filter, the God that he is.
Look at his edit of literal angel!Niall:
Speaking of filters though, I may have saved a bunch of photos and fiddled around with different filters because I wanted to see the beauty of him and his eyes in all of them AND LOOK:
ALSO, I have this thing with B&W photos of him, because you can still tell exactly how beautiful his eyes are and I love it, so:
Its been two months since the accident, a month and half since Regina woke up and a month and a half minus a day since Whale told me that Regina remembers everything but Henry and I, that it would be best to move out of the manor giver her 3 months to remember something and then will think of something. Which at the time sounded like a load of bull crap to me but after 2 months of being unable to love my wife i’m full on feed up and doctors can fuck off.