A secret switch. A fear submitted by May to Deep Dark Fears - thanks!
The new Deep Dark Fears book, “The Creeps,” is coming and you can pre-order it now on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and wherever books are sold!
HC of RFA+Saeran+V where MC has a severe phobia of the dark, and ends up freaking out when there's a power outage?
Ooh, power outages are scary. I don’t have a severe fear, but I’m still scared of the dark…
(￣~￣;;) I can relate a bit.
-As thunder shook the small place he rented, you pressed yourself against him more, curling your legs up on the extra space of the couch.
- “Are you sure the power won’t go out?”
- “Nah, it’s not that bad.”
- As soon as the words left his mouth, the power flickered once, twice, then was out.
- You let out a squeal and hid yourself against him, tears already forming.
- “A-Are you really that scared?”
- When you nod, he gets in Protective Mode- Even though it’s cute you’re clinging on him, he pushes the thought away as he brings the flashlight up on both of your phones.
- He hands you yours, kissing your forehead as he promises to be right back, and a few minutes later he’s back with his ‘special’ candles.
- He did want to save them for a romantic night, but priorities.
- Thankfully, the candles did help bring on a more lovely mood…
-When the power goes out, he lets out a wail due to the horrible timing for his LOLOL sesh, and it takes him a bit to notice that he’s not the only one upset.
- He turns towards your direction, not being able to see you huddled under the covers of his bed until lightning strikes outside and lights up the room
- He stumbles over, his room not the cleanest, and carefully reaches for you. After a few questions, he realizes that you’re almost scared out of your mind!
- Fueled by your sad sniffles, he finds his way to his school bag, putting out his handheld and setting it on max brightness, rushing to set it on the nightstand to comfort you
- It helps a bit, but the main comfort you receive are the warm and soothing cuddles he gives you, even letting you use the data up on his phone to watch some funny videos (after he calls the power company, of course)
-As soon as the movie you two were watching started hitting it’s climax, the power shut off completely, and that was when the two of you first registered the stormy noises coming from outside.
- Before you can say anything, Jaehee is sighing and making her way into the kitchen, pulling out flashlights and a few candles.
- She doesn’t notice how scared you are until she shines the light towards you, and instantly she’s got the light face up on the coffee table, illuminating the room as she squeezes you tight
- She focuses on calming you down a bit first, rocking you and rubbing your back, and when you’re able to calm down and realize you’re not in pitch darkness anymore, she kisses your forehead
- But rest assured, she is completely ready for a power outage. You wouldn’t have to worry about being in the dark for the rest of the night.
-He tsked as the power finally gave up in the company building, the storm outside raging and leaving him annoyed.
-Thankfully, he didn’t lose any work himself, but others might.
- Wordlessly reaching for his phone, using the main screen as a light, shined it towards you, ready to apologize for the power, but freezing as he saw you huddled up on the sofa he kept
-You were shaking, and when the storm allowed it, he could hear you struggling to breathe
-He rushed over, pestering you with hurried questions
-Were you okay??? Are you hurt?? Did you need a doctor???
-You muttered out 'scared’, in between shaky hands and breaths, and he was able to piece it together.
- He didn’t know much of what to do, so he wrapped an arm around you and used a free hand to send a mass text to many workers.
-Soon, his office had several flashlights to help keep the room lit, until the power could turn back on.
-He never mocked you, just let you hide between his arms until the flashlights came.
-He wasn’t used to having to worry about storms. With his line of work, they always supplied him a generator or two. Of course, when the power actually goes out, he’s not prepared at all.
- He laments for a bit, not used to living somewhere without them, and hurriedly gets his phone flashlight up, looking for you
- You were supposed to be taking a bath, so he carefully peeks the light in, asking if you are okay, but when he hears sniffles he’s busting in
- You’re curled up in the bath, trying to hide yourself, and he’s quick to grab a towel and help you out, holding you close even though you’re wet.
- He spends a minute coddling you, before he realizes that you’re cold and desperately need your clothes, so he helps shine the light as you get dressed, willing himself not to be a pervert.
-Once that’s taking care of, he’s holding you close and guiding you to the bedroom, lighting up an old battery operated star projector he had, and cuddling you while trying to distract you with it
-When the power went out at his small studio-like apartment, he just let out a loud groan as the wifi on his phone went out.
- Grumbling a bit to himself, he turned the flashlight on his phone and set out towards the kitchen, where you were supposed to be getting snacks
- Instead, in the middle of the hall, he sees you huddled up on the floor, snacks forgotten
- He’s beside you quickly. At first trying to make sure you’re not hurt, but then he realizes you’re just scared. He wants to tease, to get anything other than fear out of you, but he bites his tongue and gingerly touches you.
- Slowly, he steers you back towards the bedroom, trying to come up with what he can do to help. Unfortunately, the most he can do is have his phone face down on the night stand, partially lighting up the room with the flashlight on it.
- He lays you on the side of the bed with more access to the light, and settles in with you, offering just to talk or make up stories to help calm you down
-Soon, with the conversation, your fear slowly ebbs to a manageable point as he finally distracts you
-You would think he wouldn’t have noticed, but when the show you were watching suddenly cuts off, along with the buzz of electricity in the room, he lets out a sigh
-He tries talking to you, but he hears your whimpers and he’s instantly stumbling to the couch, reaching for you and asking if you’re okay.
- Once he realizes you’re scared, he grasps your hand, trying to guide you to the flashlights he has.
-It takes him a bit to locate them, not exactly remembering with drawer he hand them in, but after a solid click, he can see brightness and is so glad it works.
-He hands it to you, standing up and pulling you close, offering kind words to help calm you down.
- He wished he could be more helpful, but with his failing eyes he did the best he could.
-He would apologize for not noticing sooner, and for almost everything else, but ultimately he peppers you in kisses and promises to make a good safety plan for when this happens again in the future.
Healthy: Observe everything with extraordinary perceptiveness and insight. Are mentally alert, curious, have a searching intelligence: nothing escapes their notice. Display foresight and prediction abilities. Able to concentrate: become engrossed in what has caught their attention. / Attain skillful mastery of whatever interests them. Excited by knowledge: often become expert in some field. Innovative and inventive, producing extremely valuable, original works. Highly independent, idiosyncratic, and whimsical. At Their Best: Become visionaries, broadly comprehending the world while penetrating it profoundly. Open-minded, take things in whole, in their true context. Make pioneering discoveries and find entirely new ways of doing and perceiving things.
Average: Begin conceptualizing everything before acting—working things out in their minds: model building, preparing, practicing, gathering resources. Studious, acquiring technique. Become specialized and often “intellectual”: involvement in research, scholarship, and building theories. / Increasingly detached as they become involved with complicated ideas or imaginary worlds. Become preoccupied with their visions and interpretations rather than reality. Are fascinated by offbeat, esoteric subjects, even those involving dark and disturbing elements. Detached from the practical world, a “disembodied mind,” although high-strung and intense. / Begin to take an antagonistic stance toward anything which would interfere with their inner world and personal vision. Become provocative and abrasive, with intentionally extreme and radical views. Cynical and argumentative.
Unhealthy: Become reclusive and isolated from reality, eccentric and nihilistic. Highly unstable and fearful of aggressions: they reject and repulse others and all social attachments. / Get obsessed with yet frightened by their threatening ideas, becoming horrified, delirious, and prey to gross distortions and phobias. / Seeking oblivion, they may commit suicide or have a psychotic break with reality. Deranged, explosively self-destructive, with schizophrenic overtones.
Key Motivations: Want to be capable and competent, to master a body of knowledge and skill, to explore reality, to remain undisturbed by others, to reduce their needs.
Examples: Albert Einstein, Stephen Hawking, Friedrich Nietzsche, Stanley Kubrick, Georgia O'Keeffe, Emily Dickinson, Simone Weil, Bill Gates, Jean-Paul Sartre, Jacob Bronowski, James Joyce, Gary Larson, David Lynch, Stephen King, Tim Burton, Clive Barker, Laurie Anderson, Meredith Monk, John Cage, Glenn Gould, Charles Ives, Bobby Fischer, and Vincent van Gogh.
What are the Chocobros afraid of? And how would their s/o help them with it? Also your Blog is awesome keep it up friend <3
Ahhh thank you so much!
Noctis, as a child, had a fear of suits of armor. And the strange thing was, while he was a little spooked by people wearing armor, he was a lot more afraid of armor set up on display.
That fear never left him and it carried on into his adulthood. He might not fear people wearing them now, but empty suits he can’t stand. He’s uneasy around them and he could swear any room with one in it grew cold.
He always expects one to turn it’s head towards him (sometimes he could swear one has done exactly that, or to start walking- honestly he expects one to get up just to attack him.
Noctis will be hard-pressed to admit it, it’s embarrassing for sure. But you notice any one of the few times you’ve ever had to pass any that Noctis tends to grip tightly onto the fabric covering over your back, ducking ever so slightly, and seems to be trying to hide behind you much like a scared child would. As long as it made him feel more at ease, than all you have to do is let him keep trailing behind you like a shadow in moments like these.
Ignis doesn’t normally let any of his fears be known to most anyone. He has a few, but as to what they are is anyone’s guess.
However one thing you came to notice was that he often seemed really tense and stiff around… dolls.
He doesn’t like husk, rag or burlap dolls, he especially doesn’t like those old bisque ones. And it didn’t matter what they looked like either; they could be a pretty bride or a clown (they were equally as bad), jesters were no different, but somehow the baby and child dolls almost seemed worse. And he could swear that he felt the eyes of what he could only describe as something purely evil on him and following his every move. Every doll was a cursed one…
He knows it’s odd and irrational, but there’s not much to really do to help him. He’d rather avoid seeing those heinous things if he can so if you have them then stored away will be nice. But if you must display them then he’ll just deal with their presence.
The big guy keeps trying to say he’s not really afraid of much. You know deep down Gladio is afraid of failure (one loss and it weighs on his mind) but that one anyone could guess. It was a common fear anyways, but having that importance placed on his shoulders… But you wanted to know what else got to him… Curiosity killed the cat.
You found out alright. You and Gladio went into a cave just to scope it out a little. Maybe just nine steps in when a colony of bats came flying down and you had never seen Gladio flail around so much in your life, nor heard him shrieking yelling so much either.
“I’m not scared.” he says, “Just got startled is all.” “Then why are we leaving?” He shot you a glare. You had a sneaking suspicion as to why…
You ended up pressing him further, arguing that bats were even kind of cute. “They’re little daemon mice out for blood, looking for the first warm thing with their beady little eyes just so they can swarm, sink their jagged little fangs into to and eat. That’s not cute.”
Poor bats, they’re just as afraid of him as he is of them. And part of his fear, from what you can gather from talking to him, seems to mostly stem from his lack of knowledge on them. And all you can do about that is to just try to show a different side to them, providing he wants to listen.
Prompto has a lot of fears. He hates small spaces, he hates bugs and arachnids, he hates the dark, he always has that thought that everyone will eventually leave him, he doesn’t want to be forgotten, and the list goes on. But despite that he always puts on a brave face and steps forward every single day.
He powers through his own fears pretty well, all while openly admitting his fears and phobias. So really, you came to knowing them right off because of that.
He tries to not ever pester to get anyone to go out of their way for him. But if you want to do something to help him then start killing the house spiders/bugs or trapping them under a glass and taking them out. Start carrying around a small flashlight in your pockets for when things suddenly go dark. Cramped up in a place small and full of people? Then you might be able to step him away from that, if not then let him squeeze onto your hand and keep assuring him that he’s doing fine and he’ll be out of there soon enough. Always keep reminding him to take slow and deep breaths and to keep doing the breathing exercises.
When it comes time to him wanting to face them, you’ll probably have to help him find controlled ways to do them (afterall facing the dark won’t do good if you just run into any ol cave). The harder one to do is when he’s ready to face spiders is finding someone with friendly tarantulas, and keep him from talking himself out of meeting the big hairy buddies.
Hi I was wondering if you can make a BTS Hogwarts au! Like what are the BTS boys boggarts, houses, and favorite and least favorite subjects in Hogwarts along with favorite teacher. Love your blog. Pretty please 🙏?
Hogwarts house and blood status: Gryffindor and Pureblood
Fave subjects: Ever since he was a child, Jin had always wanted to go to Hogwarts and formerly learn how to do magic. In addtion, Jin really likes hands on classes and as such his favorite subjects are Defense Against the Dark Arts and Potions (even if his lab partner, Namjoon, has a tendency to accidentally ruin many of their potions).
Least fave subject: Despite enjoying learning about all aspects of the realm of witches and wizards, Jin doesn’t really care for Divination. He doesn’t like the reading in-between the lines aspect class and he doesn’t really like Professor Trelawney.
Fave teacher: Jin really admires the Head of the Gryffindor House, Professor McGonagall. Whenever he sees her transfigure into a cat he is left in awe and he hopes to one day have at least the same skill in magic as she does.
Hogwarts house and blood status: Slytherin and Pureblood
Fave subjects: It may come as a surprise to many people, but Yoongi is really good at school and he likes taking courses at Hogwarts. In particular his favorite subjects are Transfigurationand Defense Against the Dark Arts. Yoongi is a really good spellcaster and this is shown through his performance in those classes.
Least fave subject: Although Yoongi likes school and enjoys taking his classes, there is one subject that he does not care for and that is Quidditch. His excuse for not liking the subject is that and I quote, “requires too much energy.”
Fave teacher: Before he started ruining Hogwarts in the name of Lord Voldemort, Professor Snape was Yoongi’s favorite teacher for the sole and simple reason that Yoongi admired how Professor Snape did not take any crap from any of his students.
Hogwarts house and blood status: Hufflepuff and Muggleborn
Fave subjects: The moment that Hobi found out that he was a wizard and could go to Hogwarts, he was so excited. He wanted to learn all there was about magic and he found that one of his favorite subjects to be Charms. He really likes all the applications of Charms. In addition Hobi’s favorite subjects includes Quidditch.
Least fave subject: Despite loving his classes at Hogwarts, Hobi finds that Studies of Ancient Runes to be a major bore. He’d rather spend his time out on the Quidditch pitch, or hanging out with friends.
Fave teacher: It might same odd and out-of-place, but Hobi’s favorite teacher is Madame Pompfrey, because of her ability to heal and mend just about any injury or sickness. It amazes Hobi at how much she is capable of doing and her level of skill in magic.
Hogwarts house and blood status: Gryffindor and Halfblood
Fave subjects: Namjoon has always been fascinated by the differences between the world of witches and wizards and the world of muggles. That is why his favorite subjects are History of Magic and Astronomy, because it gives him the chance to compare the differences and similarities between witches, wizards, and muggles.
Least fave subject: Although Namjoon excels in classes that focus on theory and lecture, he struggles with hands on classes. Potions is his least favorite class, because he always finds away to make a dangerous concoction and endanger the lives of everyone in the classroom, which Seokjin can attest to.
Fave teacher: Although he is no longer teaching, Namjoon really likes Professor Dumbledore. He really admires Dumbledore’s intellect and magical abilities.
Hogwarts house and blood status: Slytherin and Muggleborn
Fave subjects: Having never been exposed to magic before Hogwarts, Jimin is curious about everything. As such he is really fascinated by Herbology and Charms. For him it’s the best of both worlds. Learning about magical plants and learning spells that can be used in his day to day life.
Least fave subject: Jimin isn’t that interested in Muggle Studies, because it takes away from him learning about the realm of magic. He’d rather spend his time playing Quidditch with his friends.
Fave teacher: Due to Jimin’s love of Herbology, his favorite teacher is Professor Sprout. He loves the passion in her eyes and in the way she speaks whenever she teaches class. Because of her passion, Jimin fell in love with Herbology.
Hogwarts house and blood status: Hufflepuff and Halfbood
Fave subjects: Taehyung has such a sweet and soft heart. As such he would really love Care of Magical Creatures. He would love to learn about the animals and play with them. In addition, Taehyung really enjoys Transfiguration and he’s constantly try transforming random objects into animals (Jungkook often complains that his socks randomly go missing and he’s sure that Taehyung is to blame).
Least fave subject: Taehyung wouldn’t really care for History of Magic. Just sitting there and listening to the professor drone on and on would drive him insane.
Fave teacher: Taehyung’s favorite professor, for sure, would be Hagrid. Tae feels a deep connection with Hagrid, because of the shared love that they have for magical creatures (legit Taehyung would be like Hagrid and hide a dragon).
Hogwarts house and blood status: Ravenclaw and Muggleborn
Fave subjects: People are often surprised at how good Jungkook is at magic, considering that he is a Muggleborn. This kid is so good at magic and although he’s good at just about everything, Jungkook particularly loves Quidditch and Defense Against the Dark Arts. These two classes combine two things that Jungkook loves, sports and spellcasting.
Least fave subject: Although Jungkook is not bothered by the subject of Arithemacy itself, he absolutely cannot stand how much homework he gets from that class (it takes away from Quidditch practice). Thus Arithemacy is his least favorite course.
Fave teacher: Jungkook really admires the Head of the Ravenclaw House, Professor Flitwick. He admires his command of magic and his knowledge on the subject.
I put the boggarts for each member under read more, because I touch up on some dark and potentially triggering ideas (such as death and mental illness) when it comes to their boggarts.
1. What would you call your biggest fear? 2. What animal are you most afraid of? 3. What movie frightened you most in your life? 4. What fictional character seems scariest to you? 5. Do you get nightmares? 6. Were you scared of monsters under the bed when you were child? 7. Do you like horror movies? 8. Would you go to a graveyard in the night if somebody dared you to? 9. Vampires, zombies, werewolves? Something else? What creature is the scariest for you? 10. Would you enter a house if somebody told yoi ut’s haunted? 11. Do you believe in ghosts? 12. Do you have any phobias? 13. Have you ever been afraid of something despite knowing it’s irrational? 14. What traits in people scare you most? 15. Does death scare you? 16. Are you currently afraid that something may happen, or that something might not happen? 17. Do you have any ways of dealing with fear, calming yourself down? 18. Are you afraid of darkness? 19. Do you try to fight your fears or rather run away from them? 20. Do you think it’s possible not to fear anything? 21. Are you scared of thunder? 22. Do you have anything that can make you feel safe enough to forget about your fears? 23. Are you afraid about your own future? 24. Are you scared of big crowds or strangers? 25. Do you sometimes hear unidentified noise in the middle of the night and get scared?
2. Their emotional/moral weak spots
※ Family and things associated with short lived childhood friends
3. Scars or painful spots
※ Wrists, shoulders, upper arms, sides of stomach.
4. Best places to kiss on their body
5. Guilty pleasures
※ Romantic Comedies. Just try to rip this headcanon from me.
6. Their vices (physical or emotional)
※ Hmmm I’d say smoking pot and drinking, but I don’t think he’s gone farther then that.
7. Their tickle spots
※ Feet and stomach
8. Bad memories/experiences
※ Anytime he’s hurt Zoe, his dad catching him smoking pot, getting screamed at as a young kind for the printer incident, you can bet he remembers all the insults as a kid and they haunt him into his teenage years.
9. Humiliating memories
※ Swirlie on the first day of school (freshman year), being voted most likely to shoot up a school in joke poll, a teacher breathing him in front of the class and him having a panic attack right outside the door after throwing a chair.
※ Heights, mirrors in the dark, fire, public speaking, change
11. Bad habits
※ Biting his nails to the point his fingers bleed, not eating for two days straight, passing out during the day and fucking up his sleep schedule.
12. Grudges and vendettas
※ All of those childhood bullies, holds onto every harsh thing his parent have said, the guy holds more grudges against himself to be honest
13. What gets them flustered
※ Just compliment him
14. Ingrained habits/forces of habit
※ Staring every conversation with his walls up, smoking to try and calm him (it doesn’t)…I can’t think of many
15. What it takes to make them cry
※ Nice (meaningful) things, really REALLY sad movies, honestly I think he cries a lot but if anything he’s sitting in the shower just sobbing
16. Dark secrets/’skeletons in the closet’
※ He has a box of unfinished suicide notes
※ Being alive, then he later regrets always putting his walls up and jumping to the conclusion that everyone is out to get him
18. Things they’ll never admit
※ How much he actually hates himself, who has stopped him from suicide
19. People they’ve hurt and how it affected them
※ Evan - there was a spiral of panic after realizing what he’d done
※ Zoe - stayed in his room and avoided her at all cost
※ Some typical bullies - he felt proud at first but then realized he was no better
20. What-ifs/Alternate Timelines
※ If he’d lived and been able to make piece with Evan
21. Turning points in their life
※ The computer lab, the printer incident, the last time they went to the orchard, getting caught smoking weed
22. People who’ve influenced them greatly
※ Kurt Vonnegut and Alex Santaloci