A film for hopeless romantics (Like me), for unrequited lovers, and for devoted partners. Ladies and gentlemen, a film for every Filipino who have experienced love and rejection.
The rise of indie films such as cinemalaya and cinema one originals movies is resurrecting the Filipino movie industry at the cinemas. And for this movie, I have three cents to say:
1. Love is a choice. All the things you do for love is at your own risk. Loving someone is like trekking to a mountain of sacrifices, not knowing if you’d be able to reach the top or not. But at the end of the day, you have a freewill to do it or just give up.
2. Love can change us. Yes, people often change due to their own experiences. But I also think that love is such a powerful force that can drive us insane and lead us to a new place. Love serves as a motivator for us to excel and do things beyond our imagination. On the other hand, love can also destroy us, elusively, little by little, until we’re completely lost in this world.
3. Love is agonizing. At some point in life, we’ve all been through painful rejections. Indeed, love brings both joyful and anguish memories that we can look back through. It leaves us ugly scars as we go on, yet we never ever halt regardless of the circumstances.
I know nothing when it comes to pure love. And this film teaches me how to pursue love. We must never be cynical on this matter, although it sounds cliché and all. Love moves people. And although tragedy happens more often than happy endings, love will always prevail above them all.
I just recently discovered this and I’ve been a Tumblr user for so long! Anyway, I’m so happy and excited to do penship and have real and legit penpals from all over the world.
About myself: well, even if I’m 25 already I still don’t feel like a legit adult. I do adulting from time to time, but I guess the youthful exuberance is what makes me feel and think very young.
First, I am an introvert so I thrive in deep and meaningful conversations, reading books, making artistic creations (like watercolor painting or writing poems and short stories), and listening to most types of music. I also enjoy watching movies especially thriller, horror, detective or mystery, theatrical, and any feel-good type and genre.
Second, I think having or doing this penpal activity is such a refreshing way to connect with people from all over the world and learn from our diffefences. I also believe that it’s a very genuine type of connection you can make with others. I’m all for the good and genuine!
Preferences: I noticed that most of the users at Penship are 20 years old and younger. I’m open to any age but please bear with me if I won’t be able to relate immediately if you are in your teens (19 below) or very adult (30 above).
But hey! Like I said, as long as the connection is good and genuine, then what the hell! Write away!
We can connect online (on my tumblr page and twitter) then hopefully we can transition to sending snail mails! I really am excited for the snail mails! Hope to get to know you all soon.
Hi, I am Neome from the Philippines. Ever since I saw these photos of my
mother’s penpals, I got curious and now I am interested to try it out,
I am into TV series, movies, and also books. Also, I do some
volunteering in my spare time. I wanted to widen my horizons about the
world so I love talking about any topic under or even beyond the sun.
Preferences: I’d prefer people ages 18-23. I am also okay if you’re older, provided that your intentions are just purely platonic.
Hi, I’m Emmi. I’d like to keep this short, so I’d just enumerate some
general facts about myself and you’ll learn more about me once we become
- I turned 18 this year.
- I’m fluent in English and Filipino, I know a little Mandarin and a little French.
- I’m interested in crime novels, but I also enjoy the romantic genre.
- I enjoy most types of music but I’m into ballads the most.
- I enjoy tv shows (my faves are Legion, HIMYM, Stranger Things, and B99).
- I’m a poet.
- I’m a dog person but I can tolerate cats.
- the only sport I care about is racing (Formula 1, my favorite drivers are Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel).
- I’m a Marvel geek.
- I’m a movie buff. I enjoy all types of movies and we’d probably get along the best if you consider yourself a filmophile too.
Preferences: I’d prefer pals aged at least 19. I don’t
have many male friends in real life so I guess it’s cool if you’re a guy
(but I’m cool with girls too). I’d like it if you’re from another
country. I’m in the process of learning French so I’d like it if you
knew how to speak it. I’d prefer a non-religious pal as well (but if
you’re religious that’s fine too). As for the means of communication,
I’m hoping we could snail mail at some point but it would be best if we
started with emails.
Ten years ago, Walt Disney Animation Studios’ 47th feature “Meet the Robinsons” was released in the US, the Philippine release of the movie was in June of the same year. When I got the DVD of that movie in October of the same year, I’ve literally watched it over a hundred times.
Two years ago, Star vs. the Forces of Evil officially hit the airwaves on Disney XD in the US.
To coincide these momentous events in Disney history, I made a tribute artwork, with Star and Marco dressing up as Lewis (or Cornelius Robinson) and Wilbur Robinson respectively. Oooh, Starco moment! Haha!
It took a few days to make using Illustrator, despite my laptop’s experiencing some kernel panics during the process. But I finished it tonight, so here it is!
Sophie Philippine Élisabeth Justine de France, fille de France(27 July 1734 – 2 March 1782) was a French princesse du sang. She was the sixth daughter and eighth child of Louis XV of France and his Queen consort,Marie Leszczyńska. First known as Madame Cinquième, she later became Madame Sophie.
Sophie is less well known than many of her sisters. Her birth at the Palace of Versailles was relatively unremarked. Unlike the older children of Louis XV, she was not raised at Versailles, but sent to live at the Abbey of Fontevraud with her older sister Madame Victoire and younger sisters Madame Thérèse (who died young) and Madame Louise.
She had a shy, reserved nature, and was considered ugly and uninteresting. She is reported to have had a phobia of thunder, and it was known that she reacted strongly toward it. Her father called her Graille. She did not exercise any influence at the court, but let herself be directed by her older sister Madame Adélaïde, following her in her antipathy against her father’s mistresses, Madame de Pompadour and then Madame du Barry.
She was one of the four royal sisters to survive their parents. Her mother died on 24 June 1768 and all of her children were badly affected. Her father died six years later on 10 May 1774.
During the reign of her nephew Louis XVI of France, she and her sisters were allowed to maintain their apartments at Versailles and often stayed at the Château de Bellevue - made famous by the mistress of her father. In 1776, Louis XVI made her the Duchess of Louvois with her sister Madame Adélaïde, both of whom held the duchy-peerage for their lifetime.
She was buried in the royal tomb at the Royal Basilica of Saint Denis which was plundered and destroyed at the time of the French Revolution.
Her nephews included (among others) Ferdinand, Duke of Parma, Louis XVI of France, Louis XVIII of France, Charles X of France. Her nieces included Madame Élisabeth and Queen Maria Luisa of Spain.
In 2006, she was played by actress Shirley Henderson in the movie Marie Antoinette.
Her niece, Madame Sophie, youngest daughter of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette was named after her.
I bought tickets with the 50% discount. I watched it twice because it’s awesome.
1. Cinematography. In the movie, the time when Luna’s mother visits him, they reminisce the old times when Luna was still a kid and it was a continuous shot of one era to another, from his childhood to his adulthood. Now having watched Pinoy movies, there has never been a shot like that, if ever there was, it wasn’t successfully delivered, then there’s this movie, and they did it perfectly!
2. The Script (no, not the band -.-)
“Para kayong mga birhen na
naniniwala sa pag- ibig ng isang
“Arestuhin nyo na, nauubusan na ako ng Ingles tangina naman!”
“MGA TRAYDOR!!! DUWAG!!” -Heneral Luna
3. John Arcilla. Why is he only given a main role just now? This country is too busy casting tisoys as pinoys and painting mestizas to look dark. They chose the perfect guy to play the part, I’m glad Daniel Padilla wasn’t considered.
4. The Sad Reality.
“Mga kapatid, mayroon tayong mas malaking kaaway kaysa sa mga Amerikano—ang ating sarili.” A Filipino’s death by a fellow Filipino. How could you?
5. 50% Discount. Even if it’s worth 250.00 I think I’d still buy tickets because it’s worth it *trumpets*
Hey there. I uhh suck at this but yeah. I’m Elle (pronounced as
Elllllee) and I’m from the Philippines. I study Tourism and i love it
cause my dream is to travel the world one day or just go to as many
places I can and it would be nice to look forward to visiting someone in
each country so here I am.
I’m 90% sure that I am an ambivert but idk. Also, im an ENFP if that
makes sense. My Hogwart’s house is for you to find out and i would like
to guess yours as well (assuming that everyone here gives importance to
our houses because why not!!) This is getting harder than I thought but
i’ve got to finish what i started sooo. And yeah, i love anything that’s
music related. I play instruments and I love going to concerts.
Fangirling is my main thing and probably the only thing i’m good at. I’m
into so many artists and bands and i could talk about it forever so
i’ll save it for later. But yeah i could listen to anything as long as i
make a “connection” with a song. I love watching tv series and films
which again is too many to mention. Also, i like sniffing books and
reading them too of course.
A lot of people say that I’m a hopeless romantic but idk. I feel like i
said too much already! And yeah, i just love talking to people in
general. If you need a friend or just someone to listen about how you
almost pet that dog across the street but the owner was so selfish so
all you did was just wave well I’m here.
I hope you make it through the day no matter where you are. :)
Preferences: I actually don’t have any preferences.
Just be nice hopefully we’ll get along. I’d prefer talking in Tumblr but
email would do too and maybe eventually we can move to Whatsapp. I’m
broke at the moment (or every moment) but I will find a way to send real
letters cause nothing beats an actual letter.