Today I have done my second Philip Eglin ceramic transfer plate. The colours are a bit brighter on this plate in comparison to my other but I think the shades of blue still work well. Above are the process pictures of applying the transfer to the plate:
1. Cut out the design you are wanting to use.
2. Submerge the transfer into warm water for about 5 minutes or until it uncurls.
3. Carefully slide the transfer off of the paper and onto the plate. Whilst it is still wet it will give you a chance to move it around a bit.
4. With tissue smooth out any air bubbles under the transfer. Stretching it too much will result in the transfer tearing.
5. Next once it has dried it will set in place. It will then go in the kiln to be fired at 900 degrees.