The Drake, Hastings, & DiLaurentis Family Connections
Spencer & Alison:
First Cousins through their mothers Mary Drake & Jessica DiLaurentis, but they are genetically Half Sisters because their mothers are identical twins.
Spencer & Jason:
First Cousins through their mothers Mary Drake & Jessica DiLaurentis + Half Siblings through their father Peter Hastings. They are also genetically Full Blood Siblings since Mary & Jessica are identical twins, and they already share the same father.
Spencer & Melissa:
Half Sisters through their father Peter Hastings.
Melissa & Jason:
Half Siblings through their father Peter Hastings.
Alison & Jason:
Half Siblings through their mother Jessica DiLaurentis.
Charlotte & Spencer:
Half sisters through their mother Mary Drake. Episode 7x11 confirmed that Peter Hastings is Spencer’s biological father, but we have yet to discover who Charlotte’s father is (subject to change).
Charlotte & Alison:
First Cousins through their mothers Mary Drake & Jessica DiLaurentis but genetically Half Sisters because their mothers are identical twins.
Charlotte & Jason:
First Cousins through their mothers Mary Drake & Jessica DiLaurentis but genetically Half Siblings because their mothers are identical twins.
One of the major things about the “Spencer has a twin” theory I can’t wrap my brain around is that the Hastings’ wanted Mary’s baby. They were 100% on board with taking Spencer and raising her as their own. No questions asked.
If there were another baby, wouldn’t they have taken her, too? The Hastings were well off and had plenty of money to raise twins alongside Melissa. Also, wouldn’t Veronica have mentioned another baby when telling Spencer about her birth mom?
It seems really unlikely to me that Veronica and Peter would just take Spencer and leave the other one to child protective services or whoever. Because surely it’s gotta be against policy for a Radley patient to be allowed to raise a baby in an insane asylum??
Since Peter Hastings got children by three different women, what if A.D or Uber A a fourth child that was given up for adoption and they super salty that their dad gave them up so they want to fuck up his kids lives as revenge…….
I got an ask earlier this morning accusing me of being a fake fan for the pure simplicity of me disliking characters and not agreeing with some of their actions. So I’ve decided to make a post with all the things I HATE about this show. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve invested a lot of time and effort into this show, trying to piece together all the pieces and make sense of all the plot holes, but we have to admit there are some major issues with the show which go past just hating a character for being a shit person. So here all the reasons PLL ANNOYS ME.
REASONS I DONT LIKE THIS SHOW
- They always demonise poc characters or kill them off. For example, killing off Yvonne to set the pace for Spoby to slowly get back on track.
- This show literally glamourises attractive people not having to take responsibility for their actions in the face of the law. The show is literally called Pretty little liars, no wonder they wouldn’t have charges put against them for anything they do. I mean Aria killed Shana and got away with it, Jessica’s killer is yet to be revealed but so far got away with their crime, Ezra stalked and dated underage girls and didn’t get charges against him??! These people get away with shit just for the fact that they are attractive
- Alison’s character development has been so poor. We have literally been thrown nice Alison in our faces and are expected to forget that this girl bullied multiple characters oh the show, emotionally manipulated her friends and pretty much everyone in her life, faked being kindnapped, faked her death and used Emily on multiple occasions
- Aria forever remains a door mat for Ezra. Ezra could do her so dirty and Aria would be there like his little lap dog. She took him back after he stalked her and lied to her for years and suddenly there’s no trust issues? He then cheated on her on live television with Nicole and Aria much like Veronica, chose to ignore it. And omg, I wanted to go to New York and drag her little ass back to Rosewood when she drove all the way to New York to pay Nicole a little visit like what the fuck Aria? You going to go square up to a woman who doesn’t even know who you are?! All because you’re fuck boy predator cheated on you?! PSA: IT IS EZRA’S FAULT GO BE MAD AT HIM, DO NOT MELT BACK INTO HIS ARMS AND CONFRONT NICOLE. Fuck sake. ALSO ARIA ACTING LIKE JENNA GETTING HER EYE SEIGHT BACK WAS INCONVENIENT?!!!? BITCH YOU WERE A BYSTANDING IN HER BLINDING. YOU CAN STRANGLE YOURSELF.
- Veronica not leaving Peter’s cheating ass is something I’m so against. I understand that she loved him and built a life with him. But she could’ve have taken Spencer and Melissa and built something that wasn’t built on lies. I feel so bad for Veronica because Peter cheated on her with both Jesica and Mary (unknowingly) and now there are children out there who born from affaires.
- PLOT HOLES. Maybe these will make sense as the story goes on but there are so many of them
- Useless red herring characters. We are always and forever being lead to believe that the most irrelevant characters have something to do with A.D. They literally drag it out and have the girls play detective when it ends up being pointless.
- Bad portrayal of mental illness. Can we please just think about the fact that to avoid prison time, every A has willingly revealed themselves and acted crazy to be institutionalised Instead of spending time in jail.
- THEY SURVIVE EVERYTHING FROM FIRES TO BEING KIDNAPPED AND TORTURE. CAN AT LEAST ONE OF THEM DIE FOR ONCE? THIS SHOW ACTS LIKE THESE GIRLS ARE UNTOUCHABLE WHEN LETS BE REAL WE ALL WANT OME OF THEM TO DIE TO ADD SPICE TO THE FINAL TWIST
- Hanna; Okay, I agree with @prettylittleliarsxxxx time jump Hanna sucks. They literally brought back the shop lifting Hanna. How shit for character development. She’s saltier than McDonald’s fries at the minute. Getting angry at everyone. She’s irritating me so much. And this is coming from a Haleb shipper, but it pissed me off that Hanna and Caleb just flew back into their relationship without even giving Spencer time. Also, the fuck is up with them putting Spencer and Caleb together? Like that just goes against every girl code. It’s a no zone.
- MONA. Mona is quite frankly the best thing to happen to this show. Yes, she might have tortured the girls as A but she redeemed herself over the seasons, and really does care about Hanna. These girls still alienate and demonise her and they’d e pretty little dead girls if it wasn’t for her. She’s helped and saved their asses so many times. I just want Mona to find happiness. She deserves it.
Since I’m loyal to Mary, let me give you her perspective. I think Peter lies like a rug. That’s what I tweeted last night. The two of them really get around… Quite frankly, I think that Mary tricked Peter into thinking he was with Jessica. As we saw in the episode last night, that’s not the first time she’s done that, pretended to be her sister. Who knows what really happened? Last night’s episode was so intense. Let me tell you, it doesn’t let up. It increases from here. I don’t know if that’s good news or bad news for you. There will be more revealed about what happened the night that Jessica was murdered, how that went down and how Peter is related.
Andrea Parker on whether Mary’s version is going to match up with what Peter had said in 7x14.
Both in love triangles with inappropriate women, who are damaged and troubled in some way.
Both manipulative, protective, secretive and not to be fucked with.
Remember the look Ezra gave the Hastings when they went through his boxes of “research” when the girls were in the dollhouse?
“Your secrets are in there, too.”
What secrets was Ezra talking about?
Spencer’s parentage wasn’t revealed until 5 years later because Mary came back to town.
“I can’t stay friends with any of my ex lovers.”
Ezra seems to have trouble being friends with any of his ex lovers, too. Jackie, Maggie, Alison, and Nicole all have a very complex history with Ezra.
As if Ezra “stalker” Fitz wouldn’t know he had a secret child. And the whole adoption drama over Malcolm seems analogous to all of the adoption drama with Mary Drake’s children.
The A message to Aria with the “it’s a boy!” balloons would’ve been easily visible to his hallway cameras. Why did he never mention this?
Shortly after in Season 5, Eddie Lamb left Bethany’s drawing of the monster in Jessica DiLaurentis’ yard. We now know this drawing is about the children that were hidden by Jessica and Mary. Why would Eddie leave this on Ezra’s door?
Perhaps Ezra saw/experienced all of the damage done to children who had no parents/were adopted/dealing with family trauma and wanted to protect Malcolm from that even though he wasn’t his real son.