used in a bath to re-energize your being and aid in a ritual of clearing and cleansing your energies of negativity by soaking in it
used to clear and cleanse an object or area
store in a white glass bottle
Rain from thunderstorms, tornadoes or hurricanes
Used to empower spells for moving things forward such as letting go of the past and moving forward in life
used to help move a project forward and get beyond current blocks in life
used to change a pattern or habit you don’t like
store in a blue glass bottle
Sun and Rain
Used to balance energies when feeling weighed down
helps gather your thoughts when they are flighty and scattered
store in a dark green bottle
collect in a metal bowl but dont let it sit in the bowl for more than 6 hours
allow the hail to melt before bottling it
store in a black or dark brown bottle
used to dispel psychic attacks or negative energies
best used for black magic to get rid of your enemies or negative forces that stand in your way
used to empower new ventures such as new relationships, new business ventures, a new job
rain collected on the spring equinox or the first rain after the spring equinox is good for empowering spells for relationships
stored in a light green bottle
used to encourage growth whether it be personal, spiritual growth or growth of a business venture or relationship
used to break bad habits
great to water indoor plants
rain collected on mid-summers eve and day is especially mystical
store in a sky blue bottle
used for giving thanks and showing gratitude for the abundance the year has given you
store in an orange or fall colored bottle
can be used for blessing a person, relationship, family or object
can be used to bless an event such as a birth, wedding or new business venture
to be able to survive the hardships of winter one is able to survive the hardships of life
Full Moon Rain
Used to honor the Goddess
a small glass can be added to a cleansing bath
add a couple of drops to your bath before an important event or ritual
used for a blessing during a full moon ritual
used for blessing a child or pet
rain collected during the full moon according to that season will have the energies of that moon according to month and season
clean altar spaces and other things by putting an ounce of rain water into your cleaning products
also very good for divination
Waning Moon Rain
good for getting rid of things, banishings, and purging negative energies
used like a banishing oil
also can be added to your bath for relaxation, clarity or promoting self love
use to prepare for lunar rituals
anoint your money with it to increase your wealth
anoint yourself to increase your psychic awareness
New Moon Rain
good for workings in which something needs to be brought in
used when starting a new project
Waxing Moon Rain
used to bring in good energies and blessing
used at the start of a new project or a new beginning
Rain collected from trees or roses will have different energies depending on the type of tree or color of the rose you collect it from
Use 1 cup of rain water to 1 tub size of water
For rituals use 1oz of rain water in a glass bowl or cauldron, to add effects to the water pour over crystals energized with your intent
For a spell place all your spell items in your bowl or cauldron and add 1tablespoon of rainwater
For cleansing or anointing ritual take 1/2oz of rainwater into a glass bowl and as you recite your incantation dip your fingers or wand/athame into the water then mark your physical body, the mark can be any spiritual symbol that has meaning to you
To anoint a tool, pout 1oz of rainwater onto the tool as you state your incantation to empower the tool for its intended purpose.
It’s part of the reason he prefers to nap rather than maintain a healthy sleep pattern because if he doesn’t sleep for too long at a time the chance of him sleepwalking lessens.
The thought that one day he’ll be somewhere unfamiliar or in a situation where sleepwalking would be really dangerous / get him in trouble terrifies him.
The first time it happened at the Manor, he scared the crap out of Bruce. When Bruce figured out that his newest Robin was not, in fact, being mind-controlled, only sleepwalking, he followed him around for hours until he finally fell asleep on the kitchen floor because he had no idea what to do.
After learning about it, Alfred suggested he cut down his caffeine intake and try to minimise stress in his life as much as possible. Tim just laughed.
Dick once had an entire (somewhat one-way) conversation with him before realising he was asleep the whole time
He always wakes up in really strange places because of it. One time he climbed out of the window and woke up on the roof. Bruce had a special alarm installed on all the upperfloor windows the next day.
If he wakes up somewhere other than his bedroom and is freezing because it’s a really cold night, he just goes and climbs into bed with Bruce because everyone knows human heaters are the best way to warm up and also did he mention sleepwalking is scary
Jason thinks it’s amusing and repeatedly tries to get Tim to do ridiculous things while he’s asleep. Tim still doesn’t know why he woke up covered in glitter one morning.
He often collects Damian’s pets along the way and ends up trailing a menagerie of animals around the Manor. Usually followed by a grumpy Damian who claims he’s doing it to keep Titus out of trouble but they all know it’s because he’s worried about Tim getting hurt or something
- if you cannot handle and accept having a child who will reject your religious beliefs, do not have a child.
- if you cannot handle and accept having a gay child, do not have a child.
- if you cannot handle and accept having a transgender child, do not have a child.
- if you cannot handle and accept having a child with physical or intellectual disabilities, do not have a child.
- if you cannot handle and accept having a child who is fat, do not have a child.
- if you cannot handle and accept having a child who is neuroatypical, do not have a child.
- if you cannot handle and accept having a child whose appearance is not what you expected (recessive genes and parental secrets are real), do not have a child.
Altogether too many people seem to be laboring under the staggeringly false belief that children are not autonomous human beings of complete intrinsic value regardless of whether they match parental life fantasies. Nothing is promised to you. Nothing is owed to you. If you can’t commit yourself to understanding and accepting that before you even begin to think about children, don’t have children. Get a pet. Collect dolls. Find a hobby. You aren’t prepared for the extreme challenge and extraordinary blessing of parenting.
How canon are the Touhou print works? I'm nearing the end of an LP of LOLK, and am debating whether or not to read them.
It varies! Most of the manga are completely canon, like Forbidden Scrollery, Silent Sinner in Blue and Wild and Horned Hermit. Curiosities of Lotus Asia is canon. Perfect Memento in Strict Sense and Symposium of Post-Mysticism are both canon, and are actual texts that exist in-universe (as part of the Gensokyo Chronicle) but written from the perspective of Hieda no Akyuu, so youkai might seem portrayed as more dangerous than they actually are (due to being written by a human). Inaba of the Moon and Inaba of the Earth is just a bunch of funny 4koma, so is probably dubiously canon and not a necessary read.
Other books, for example, the Grimoire of Marisa, are canon, but don’t contain much important information - in this case, it’s just Marisa’s descriptions of various characters’ spellcards.
If you want to know what the most important ones are, I would say:
The first two books of Touhou Bougetsushou (Silent Sinner in Blue, Cage in Lunatic Runagate) These books are about various Touhou characters and their first journey to the Lunar Capital (before LoLK!), and the aftermath of that. SSiB is a manga, whereas CiLR is text-only.
And then also check out
Perfect Memento in Strict Sense and
Symposium of Post-Mysticism for more information on the characters and some interviews! The rest are probably okay to go without unless you’re curious, but they’re also good if you want to, and I would recommend them! The print works add so much to the Touhou lore, and it definitely wouldn’t be as big if it weren’t for them.
What animal should Dami adopt next and how do you think it will go?
I lowkey would love it if Damian next pet was a falcon (a Peregrine or a Saker falcon maybe) unlike his other domestics pets a falcon could be more useful by coming along with him on patrols and help him by slashing and clawing at their opponents, I know Goliath kinda does that too but his giant bulk really doesn’t match with Batman & Robin stealth style but a falcon small body and extreme speed could easily keep up with him and when it come to how he should attain one well: since falconry is really popular in a lot of Arabic countries I think he might have already had some falcons during his time with the league of assassins so maybe in the future when he’s on some type of mission where they try to break in the LOA headquarters Damian would come across one of his old falcons and go “Hey I remember this falcon, it used to belong to me!” and would just take it home with him and added to his collection of pets.
I’m so sick of all my friends who claim to be “animal lovers” and that’s their excuse to like ?? collect pets? It’s super not cool. I get calls a lot from these people like “oh uh my pets are dying can you come over and diagnose them”
Like ok here’s my favorite example:
Someone I know posted a picture of a newly set up ten gallon aquarium on facebook. I, like always, leave the polite comment of “cycle that before fish please”, something to that effect. They say “oh i cycled it, we let the water sit out and now we put our goldfish in”
hnnnnnggg. great. okay.
I try to tell them that ten gallons is too small for fancy goldfish (for a million reasons I don’t want to get into right now). They add a picture. There are like 3 common single fin goldfish in that ten gallon. I leave some care info links and go on my way. Not worth the stress if they won’t listen.
Anyway, they call me like 8 hours later like “all my fish are dead what happened”. I go over there to see what happened. She CLAIMS she did her research, but here’s what went down:
The tank totally wasn’t cycled, which was the least of the issues. The tank was on a really old plywood shelf thing and literally about to break through?? The filter had like no good media at all in it, AND THEY HAD A HEATER IN THERE CRANKED UP TO 88 DEGREES. Okay and the worst part???? They were filling their tank up with a pitcher they use for drinks and have washed with soap like a hundred times. So the fish were poisoned, and then (no acclimation at all) just dumped into really hot toxic water. And she’s like “i did all my research why are they dead”
What are some monsters that could make good wandcores and are native to the western part of the US?
Look, Nonny, darling, I’m from the UK and I honestly am pretty shit at Geography and beyond that there’s like the whole thing where different bits of the US like to consider them North/East/West/South/their state predominantly, which makes this like. Not at all simple.
It’s also worth noting that wandcores are something which can be traded - while a wandmaker is going to want to select the wood themselves, as only some woods can work for a wandwood, and they must therefore inspect the tree personally, the cores are required as a magical item by which they may channel magic through the wand - the wood directs, the core channels. Finding suitable wood is the hard part, the core is a much simpler thing, and, in cases such as dragon parts, is an object with legal restrictions on trade, and therefore one which cannot be collected in person. Therefore, many cores are traded, so a core from the western part of the US might be found up in Canada or on the east coast instead.
I’m going to go over canon cores and then cores from headcanoned creatures and you can pick ones which seem interesting and see if they’re found in the area you’re looking for, ok? I’ve organised both lists in the rough order of most to least powerful as a wandcore.
Thunderbird tail feather - [monsterblog post] A cousin to Firebird-type birds, though not of the type themselves, the feather of a Thunderbird makes for a powerful, though difficult to master core, with a knack for Transfiguration.
Rougarou hair - [monsterblog post] Though strongly linked to dark magic it is more that this core is very capable. Highly self-aware and very powerful, it takes a certain measure of will to manage such a core but, once managed, is the most loyal helpmate one could ask for.
Veela hair - [monsterblog post] While reputed to be a temperamental core, cores of Veela hair are nonetheless powerful and are capable of being especially loyal if in the hands of someone related to the Veela who donated a hair.
Wampus cat hair - [monsterblog post] Very powerful cores, the hairs of these creatures can only be collected by Cherokee wixes who have spent time studying the creatures and how to safely interact with them - due to this, many wandmakers who use this core maintain cordial relationships with Cherokee wixes so as to maintain the trading relationship, though these interactions have been strained (and outright called off) at several points in history due to the behaviour of MACUSA.
Unicorn hair - [monsterblog post] Due to various reasons, Unicorns were introduced to America by immigrant wixes and, to this day, the hair is used in wandmaking due to it’s power, loyalty and reliability.
White River Monster spine - [monsterblog post] Very nearly only found in inherited wands, these days, it makes for a wand of force and elegance. In recent years, since the death of wandmaker Thiago Quintana, who knew how to lure the creatures, wands with this core have only been made using found spines, washed up on dead specimens.
Kelpie Hair - [monsterblog post] Often, though not always, imported, the hair of Kelpies is most usually a wandcore found in imported wands, though this hasn’t stopped more experimental wandmakers experimenting with it.
- [monsterblog post] a lively core but not the strongest. Nonetheless popular with some wandmakers, as it is known to help liven up more quiet woods.
Kneazle Whisker -
As one might suspect, not the strongest of cores, and rather an aloof and tricky one at that. Often obtained from a wixes pet and used more as a practice wand than anything else.
Wendigo Spinal Cord - An incredibly rare and dangerous core, most wandmakers who are willing to use it will only bind it to a peaceable wood, lest it select too dangerous a wix and lend the wix means to do more harm than good. Not actively malicious, the core nonetheless likes those with a certain level of viciousness and a distinct strength of mind.
Vampire Venom - Usually only found in wands for the children and grandchildren of vampires, on some very rare occasions a vampire may donate a fang for the wands of their human bloodline. A very quick and subtle wandcore.
Dryad Hair - be it of the American Tree Dryad, or the splintery tendrils of the Swamp Dryad, these hairs are used as wand cores which do not “flavour” the wood, leaving the wood with the same personality, unaltered by the core.
North American Swamp Nixie Hair - Usually only donated to those who are actually related to them, they may sometimes give bundles of hair as part of alliance or trade agreements to “anchor” the promise. These hairs are usually then made into wands for the children of those who made the agreement.
Pacific Moon Serpent Rib - Very rare but surprisingly powerful, the ribs of these creatures make for solid wands with a knack for reflective magics.
Winged Horse Feather - Be it from Volucens, Azazelan, or another breed kept in the USA, the feathers of these creatures are occasionally used as wandcores.
American Hellhound Sinew - A dangerous wandcore in the wrong hands, it is, thankfully, not as powerful as some other cores on this list. However, when bonded to a sweet-natured wandwood, it makes for the most loyal helpmate a wix could ask for.
Ball-Tailed Cat Hair - Distant cousins to Wampus Cats, Splintercats and Cactus Cats, Ball-Tailed Cats are not as magically powerful as the former, though they are more powerful than the latter two. Prone to making for stubborn wands.
Splintercat Spines - Spines of these creatures make for accurate and almost sharp wands, though not as risky as Cactus Cat.
Cactus Cat Spines - Cactus Cat Spine cored wands have an unfortunate tendency to occasionally turn on the wix handling them, if they disagree on what to do, sometimes burning a wixes palm. This, however, is nothing compared to what they will do if a wix tries to steal them.
Chupacabra Spines - Wands made with this core are playful but curiously loyal, in that they will express as much loyalty to one their master willingly loans them to so long as the wix offers no threat to their true master.
Hidebehind Hair - Rather like Demiguise hair, this core can be very hard to see and is very hard to obtain. Despite this, it is not very powerful, hence it’s lack of popularity.
Hodag Horn - Not particularly remarkable, Hodag Horns rarely grow large enough to be of use.
Chama-lincis Whisker - Often very resistant to magic it is rare to find a whisker suitable for wandmaking.
Magical Raven Feather - Be it from Nebiros / Curious Raven, Valravn, or Nachtkrapp, these wands are not the most powerful but are not uncommon (though this varies depending on source), as they are wonderfully reliable.
Ceribim Feather - Usually collected from pet specimens, such a core is not especially strong but can be interestingly flamboyant.
Argopelter Hair - Very rarely used due to sheer weakness and the trouble one must go to obtain, these hairs make for playful wandcores.
Warpgle Feather - Useful for those who might wish to enchant objects, but otherwise not particularly powerful enough.
Boletum crinis Tendril - A cheeky wandcore, these tend to enjoy working on jinxes, hexes and pranks, but rarely anything to do actual harm unless truly willed by their master or part of a wand with a more vicious wandwood.
- Can play 3 instruments: trumpet, piano, and guitar
- is very bad at the trumpet (but played it all through middle school and a little bit through high school ), can play a few songs on the guitar, and is very good at the piano. But he is mainly a GREAT singer (he joined choir when he quit band in high school)
- Is addicted to coffee. He will slap a bitch if they talk to him before he drinks coffee
- As we know Marvin is very smart. He reads all the time and Whizzer practically has to tear the book he’s reading out of his hands. But some people may not know he especially excels at math, and can do almost any math problem in his head.
- One time: He got in a fist fight with a Trump supporter (he is VERY invested in politics)
- Is a musical ho and sings them VERY loudly in the shower
- When he was little he always tried out for the school musical, but the poor kid is practically tone def. he treasured his parts in the chorus though.
- Not only is Whizzer an amazing photographer, he’s also a great drawer. He particularly loves pointillism
- He has invested his life to those BuzzFeed personality quizzes. He not only takes them himself, he will take them on behalf of Marvin (because he refuses to do it) and see what they get.
- One time: he almost became a model. But he was still in high school at the time and his parents said that was “too gay”. Boy, did his parents have a surprise a few months later when Whizzer came out.
- Is actually a great dancer
- She used to do competition dance for tap and ballet and still does dance moves from time to time.
- Is very addicted to Candy Crush
- LOVES cats. Much to the dismay of Jason, she will foster stray cats for a few days and let them back out into the wild (Jason: What if they have rabies?!?)
- One time: she was on Cutthroat Kitchen. She was not afraid to sabotage anyone, so much that she went a little ~overboard~. She spent all her money in the first round, and got all the sabotages in the next round. Mendel was still very proud of her anyways even though she lost.
- Will wear a Snuggie un-ironically
- He loves all infomercial products. He owns 3 Shamwows
- His favorite animal is a goldfish and he will go to the fair and win 10 goldfish.
- He has an ever growing Pillow Pet collection
- One time: he took Jason and Trina to an amusement park to go on this all-new-very-VERY-tall roller coaster. Mendel, is terrified of heights but wanted to be a good sport. Needless to say, it did not end well.
- Is a straight A student, but barely scrapes by in gym
- He actually was supposed to earn a C in gym because of his lack of physical ability, but many angry phone calls from Trina and Marvin later, he managed to get extra credit to get an A.
- Like Whizzer, Jason is also very good at drawing. But he draws cartoons.
- Hates public speaking. Every time he has to speak in front of the class, he gets all nervous (poor bby ;~;)
- One time: in class when he had to write an argumentative essay he wrote “why chess is better than checkers.” Which seems stupid, but not only did he get an A+, his was used as an example in front of the whole class
- Actually has two degrees: one for being a doctor and one for pre law
- She decided she wanted to be a doctor instead because she wanted to save people. Not send someone to prison
- Has a very weird taste in music. She has a Spotify playlist with half rock music and half classical music. She puts it on shuffle to “get some variety”
- Charlotte & Marvin are bffs and totally watch Jeopardy and play along together with no shame.
- One time: in middle school she tried to prove she wasn’t a “goody goody” by pulling the fire alarm. It did not go over well.
- Is VERY accident prone
- That’s actually how she met Charlotte. Cordelia broke her arm and went to the doctors office to get it looked at, and met her.
- Loves the snow. She grew up in Southern California (where they obviously don’t have snow) although she’s been living in New York for quite some time, she still gets a kick out of seeing it
- Also loves bubbles. Will buy 20 of those $1 bubble wands just for no reason.
- One time: she tried to make Charlotte cake for her birthday solely based on instructions from Pinterest. Just,,,,,, make of that what you will
- They have contests on Halloween where the first one to make Damian wet himself from fear wins.
- Barbara and Steph once painted the whole Batcave pink for no reason
- Cass has a habit of stealing other people’s garden gnomes. She has a collection in the Batcave and refuses to return them when Bruce tells her to
- Jason likes putting hair dye in Dick and Tim’s shampoo bottles
- Believe it or not, Wayne Manor used to have an indoor pool. Then Damian wondered what would happen if he suddenly decided to set it on fire. They don’t have an indoor pool anymore
- The reason Bruce still doesn’t have a girlfriend is because they never call him back after finding out he has like seven kids
- The Wayne family once held a ball, so Dick and Bruce had to teach the others how to dance. Cass was amazing, Jason purposefully stepped on toes, Barbara couldn’t really do much, Damian got frustrated and punched a wall, Stephanie kept elbowing Dick in the chest when she spun around, and Tim was just embarrassing
- Jason “I Died Once and Need to Remind My Family of it Every Single Day” Todd
- No one in the house is allowed to play Slender Man again after The Incident
- Tim drinks his coffee with Redbull and everyone keeps wondering how he’s still alive
- They are all banned from Walmart
- There’s a small ice cream shop in a rundown part of Gotham where Bruce takes his sidekicks sometimes after patrol. They only go in their uniforms and have given every employee there a heart attack at least once
- Steph likes stealing food from other people’s plates when they’re not looking
- Dick sleepwalks frequently and always wakes up cuddling in someone else’s bed
- No one in the house has a normal sleeping schedule
- Cass likes jumping on family member’s backs for impromptu piggyback rides
- Damian is terrified of Tellytubbies for some reason
- Bruce once took the entire family to Disney World and managed to lose every single one of them within an hour. He and Alfred had to call the cops, and they found them all on the teacups having gone on again and again for hours in a contest to see who would throw up first
- Cass collects Littlest Pet Shop toys and sometimes convinces her brothers to play with them with her
- Tim is too short to reach the cookie jar and Jason teases him mercilessly with it. Jay will reach up, take a cookie, and eat it all the while staring Tim dead in the eyes before putting the jar back on an even higher shelf and walking away
- Damian has named every bat in the Batcave and even makes them little outfits
- Dick always starts decorating for Christmas on November first and cries when Bruce doesn’t let him