Hey, anyone else do a sort lf thing where they infodump…to themselves? Like, u want to infodump to someone. But there’s no around/the people around will ignore or get mad at you so you just go over a the knowledge about whatever it is in your head? Or out loud? Like for example, I’d like to infodump about Earthbound. My friend is at work, my family will get mad/ignore me. So i am just going over all the things i know about the game but in my head. Anyone else do this? I do it ALOT.
A - Are you allergic to anything? B - Birthday? C - Cats, dogs or both? D - Do you prefer sunrise or sunset? E - Early bird or night owl? F - Favourite food? G - Good at? H - Hair colour? I - Is there something you wish you could change about yourself? J - Jealous or laid back? K - Kiss or hug? L - Look for in a partner? M - Middle name? N - Name something you love? O - One wish? P - Perfect day out? Q - Question of your choice - ask away! R - Reason why people should smile more? S - Something that makes you happy? T - Tell me something random about yourself? U - Under the influence of alcohol you are likely to? V - Vampire, zombie, mermaid or ghost? W - What’s your favourite colour? X - X-rays - had any? Why? Y - Your biggest fear? Z - Zodiac sign?
51. Ten fears
52. 10 things that make you tick
53. Tell me about your dream vacation. Who would you go with? Where would you go and what would you do?
54. Tea or coffee?
55.Tell me about your most embarrassing moment
56. Tell me about a time you were really scared
57. Do you have any tattoos? If so tell me about your inspiration behind getting them and where they are on your body
58.Do you have a crush on anyone right now? If so tell me about them
59. Do you have any phobias?
60. Tell me about the worst date you’ve ever had
61. Choose a superpower to have
62. Describe your ideal partner
63. Are you religious? If so what religion do you follow and why?
64. Tell me about the best day of your life
65. Tell me about the worst day of your life
66. Have you ever gotten high (with weed) ? If so tell me about your first time
67. Legalize weed or nah?
68. Tell me about the first time you were ever kissed
69. Tell me one regret
70. If you could go back and time and change something about your life, would you? If so what would you change and why?
71. What is the silliest thing someone tried to make fun of you for?
72. Have you ever had a rumor spread about you? If so tell me about it
73. Have you ever gotten drunk? If so tell me about your funniest experience
74. If you could switch places with someone for a day, who would it be and why?
75. When was the last time you cried and why?
76. Weirdest thing you’ve ever done
77. Grossest thing you’ve ever eaten
78. Best thing you’ve ever eaten
79. Send me your most recent photo of you
80. Where would you take someone on a first date?
81. Describe yourself in detail
82. 10 ways to win your heart
83. What do you do to cheer yourself up when you are upset?
84. Tell me something you would like to say to your ex
85. Tell me about your last partner
86. Could you ever be in a friends with benefits relationship?
87. Tell me about someone you miss
88. What is your ideal first date?
89. Do you have a job? If so tell me about the craziest situation that has happened there
90. Have you ever done something illegal?
91. Who was the last person you kissed?
92. Tell me about one thing that you do, that your parents don’t approve of
93. Do you have siblings? If so, tell me about the most aggravating situation you had to deal with
94. What’s a deal breaker in a relationship for you?
95. Zodiac sign?
96. Tell me about your last heartbreak
97. Tell me about your last fight with someone
98. Have you ever gotten into a physical fight? If so tell me about it
99. Tell me about the worst thing you’ve ever done
100. What is the last thing you bought?
1. what on your body is hurting or bothering you?
2. what was your last thought before going to bed last night?
3. what are you listening to?
4. what’s something you’re not looking forward to?
5. How long was your longest relationship?
6. have you kissed anybody in the last five days?
7. What’s one of the scariest things you’ve ever done?
08: sex on the first date?
09: kiss on the first date?
10: when was your last hug?
11: are you seriously happy with where you are in life?
12: is there something you would like to say to someone?
13: are you a heavy sleeper?
14: would you rather sleep at a friend’s or have them over?
15: do you believe in ghosts?
16: are you friends with any of your ex boyfriends/ girlfriends?
17: bad memory from your childhood?
18: Have you ever liked someone you thought you didn’t stand a chance with?
19. One thing guaranteed to turn you on?
20. did you have a dream last night?
21: are you wearing jeans, shorts, sweatpants, or pajama pants?
22: if someone could be cuddling you right now, who would you want it to be?
23: do you love anyone who is not related to you?
24. Has anyone ever told you that you have pretty eyes?
25. Have you ever felt like you weren’t good enough?
26: If someone asked you to give them a random piece of advice, what would you say?
27: Is there a boy who you would do absolutely everything for?
28: What has been troubling you lately?
29: Give me an unpopular opinion you have.
30: Do you miss anyone? If so, who?
Some real creepy questions, get your fix. DO IT
1. Think of the last person who said I love you, do you think they meant it?
2. Would you date an 18-year-old at the age you are now?
3. When’s the last time you were aggravated and happy at the same time?
4. Would you ever smile at a stranger?
5. Is there someone mad because you’re dating/talking to the person you are?
6. Have you heard a song that reminds you of someone today?
7. What exactly are you wearing right now?
8. How often do you listen to music?
9. Do you wear jeans or sweats more?
10. Do you think your life will change dramatically before 2013?
11. Are you a social or an antisocial person?
12. Have you ever kissed someone whose name begins with the letter ‘A’?
13. What about ‘R’?
14. Can you drive a stick shift?
15. Do you care if people talk badly about you?
16. Are you going out of town soon?
17. When was the last time you cried?
18. Have you ever told someone you loved them?
19. If you could change your eye color, would you?
20. Is there a boy who you would do absolutely everything for?
21. Name something you dislike about the day you’re having.
22. Is it cute when guys kiss you on your forehead?
23. Are you dating the last person you talked to?
24. What are you sitting on right now?
25. Does anyone regularly (other than family) tell you they love you?
26. Have you ever wanted someone you couldn’t have?
27. Who was the last person you talked to before you went to bed last night?
28. Do you get a lot of colds?
29. Where is the shirt you are wearing from?
30. Does anyone hate you?
31. Do you have any empty alcohol bottles hidden somewhere in your room?
32. Do you like watching scary movies?
33. Do you want your tongue pierced?
34. If you had to delete one year of your life completely, which would it be?
35. Did you have a dream last night?
36. When was the last time you told someone you loved them?
37. Do you think you’ll be married in 5 years?
38. Do you think someone has feelings for you?
39. Do you think someone is thinking about you right now?
40. Did you have a good day yesterday?
41. Think back 2 months ago; were you in a relationship?
42. In the next 48 hours, will you hang out with a girl?
43. Has anyone told you they don’t want to ever lose you?
44. What’s the best part about school?
45. Do you have any pictures on your Facebook?
46. Do you ever pass notes to your friends in school?
47. Do you replay things that have happened in your head?
48. Were you single over the last summer?
49. Is your life anything like it was two years ago?
50. What are you supposed to be doing right now?
51. Do you hate the last guy you had a conversation with?
52. Are you nice to everyone?
53. Have you ever liked someone you didn’t expect to?
54. Do you think you can last in a relationship for 6 months and not cheat?
55. Are you good at hiding your feelings?
56. Do you think you like someone?
57. Have you kissed someone whose name starts with a ‘J’?
58. Do you prefer to be friends with girls or boys?
59. Has anyone of your friends ever seen you cry?
60. Do you hate anyone?
61. How’s your heart?
62. Is there something that happened in your past that you hate talking about?
63. Have you ever cried over a guy?
64. Who is probably talking a load of crap about you right now?
65. Are your toenails painted pink?
66. Will your next kiss be a mistake?
67. Girls love it when boyfriends cry; correct?
68. Have your pants ever fallen down in public?
69. Who was the last person you were on the phone with?
70. How do you look right now?
71. Do you have someone you can be your complete self around?
72. Can you commit to one person?
73. Do you have someone of the opposite sex you can tell everything to?
74. Have you ever felt replaced?
75. Did you wake up cranky?
76. Are you a jealous person?
77. Are relationships ever worth it?
78. Anyone you’re giving up on?
79. Currently wanting to see anyone?
80. Name something you have to do tomorrow?
81. Last person you cried in front of?
82. Is there someone you will never forget?
83. Do you think the person you have feelings for is protective of you?
84. If the person you wish to be with were with you, what would you be doing right now?
85. Are you over your past?
86. Have you ever liked one of your best friends of the opposite sex?
87. Is there anyone you can tell EVERYTHING to?
88. If your first true love knocked on your door with apology and presents, would you accept?
89. So, the last person you kissed just happens to arrive at your door at 3AM; do you let them in?
90. Have you ever liked someone who your friends hated?
91. Will you be in a relationship in 2 months?
92. Is there anyone you know with the name Michael?
93. Have you ever kissed a Matthew?
94. Were you in a relationship in January? How was it going?
95. Were you happy with the person you liked in March?
96. Don’t tell me lies, is the last person you texted attractive?
97. Who do you have texts from?
98. If the person you like says they like someone else, what would you say?
99. Have you ever kissed someone older than you?
100. Who’s in your profile picture with you?
101. Ever kissed under fireworks?
102. Has anybody ever given you butterflies?
In fact, no etiquette is as simple as people want to make questions like this. Basically, you’re never going to find a simple formula that applies to all people in all situations. And anyone claiming there is one simple formula is either misleading you or has been misled themselves.
But what am I specifically talking about today?
You know how trans, genderless, gender-ambiguous (as seen by others), and/or gender non-conforming people (and anyone I forgot) are always getting rude, invasive comments and questions that can often lead to physical or social violence if we don’t answer, or don’t answer correctly?
Like, “Are you a boy or a girl?” I have had people get in my face and demand to know that, getting louder and more threatening the more I stayed silent. And being totally unable to respond even if I’d wanted to. I was 13 the first time someone asked me if I was a “she-male”.
Well… you know how there’s that ever-present question, that everyone asks to try to be polite? “What are your preferred pronouns?”
Just be aware that for a whole lot of people any or all of the following may be true, and you can’t tell by looking or even by whether they answer you or not:
The answer may not be simple.
The answer may change day to day.
They may not know the answer.
There may not be an answer.
They might regard the answer as personal and none of your business.
They might find the reminder of their gender experiences upsetting.
Regardless of whether there is an answer, they may find the question just as invasive and with the potential of social (and even other kinds of) violence as my aggressive encounters with people asking “Are you a boy or a girl?”
Answering may force them to think within a framework that’s alien to their experience of gender.
They may regard such an answer as just a more socially acceptable (in trans circles) form of the “Are you a boy or a girl?” question.
Any answer they give, even if truthful as to their preferences, may be misleading in other respects, and thus they don’t want to answer.
They don’t want to give the impression that they’ll judge you if you forget their pronouns.
They don’t want to answer but they don’t want to call attention to themselves by not answering.
One of my favorite quotes, relevant here:
“The tight weave of traditions that makes a comfortable hammock for some just as surely makes a noose that strangles others.” -Anneli Rufus
That goes for new traditions as well as old ones. I understand why asking pronouns is the height of politeness and respect for some people. Really, I do understand that, it requires no explanation. But try to keep in mind that for other people, it can be intrusive, confusing, and emotionally devastating. I wish I could tell you how to tell the difference, but I’m not sure anybody knows that.
If this confuses you at all, think of a situation where there’s a question that some people don’t care if you ask, and others find incredibly rude and invasive: “How much money do you make?” “When’s the baby due?” And remember that often asking pronouns is another way of asking gender and not everyone finds it non-invasive for you to ask – or demand – to know their gender.
Just know that there are people who feel so strongly about the ritual of making everyone go around the room and say their preferred pronouns, that they will stop coming around to LGBTQ events where this ritual has become expected of everyone. And be aware that saying “I’d rather not say” can, in itself, single a person out even more for attention they don’t want in the first place, as well as mislead people who make snap judgments about things like that.
As to how to deal with a social world where some people want very much for you to ask their pronouns, while others want just as much for you not to… I think everyone is going to have to figure that out as we go along. But awareness that this custom is not universally respectful is the first step towards figuring anything out. And a lot of people overlook this as even being a possibility. So – I don’t pretend to know the answers, but at least I’m asking the question.
[This post originated from conversations with people who find the question much more consistently invasive than I do. Whether I find the question invasive depends on the environment. But just understand that not everyone wants the very first thing that happens in a meeting, to be asked an intense personal question that might dredge up all kinds of unwanted emotions and social possibilities. And they may not always be able or willing to let you know. How you deal with this information is up to you, just know that you’d be surprised who feels this way and who doesn’t, sometimes.]
1 How old are you?
2 What’s your eye color?
3 Which country do you come from?
4 Favourite season?
5 Do you paint your nails? (what color?)
6 What’s your favourite eye shadow (color?)
7 Which (brand) kind of shoes do you usually wear?
8 Carpe Diem or Carpe Noctem?
9 Would you rather wake up early or late?
10 Where do you want to go for vacation?
11 Do / did you have a pet?
12 Can you fold an origami?
13 Have you learned how to knit?
14 What’s your favourite book (recommendations?)?
15 What’s your favourite movie (recommendations?)?
16 What’s your favourite show (recommendations?)?
17 Do you cook often (what kind of meals?)?
18 Do you bake often?
19 Do you often think of outer space?
20 Do you like to watch shooting stars?
21 What’s your favourite kind of weather?
22 What’s your favourite fruit?
23 Are there posters put up in your bedroom?
24 Do you have patience?
25 Which one do you prefer: card or board games?
26 Which one do you prefer: cake or muffins?
27 Which one do you prefer: taking a bath or showering?
28 Which one do you prefer: candles or christmas lights?
29 Which one do you prefer: raspberries or strawberries
30 Which one do you prefer: cats or dogs?
31 What’s your MBTI?
32 Which kind of magical creature would you choose to be: a) zentaur b) fairy c) mermaid d) witch
33 What’s your zodiac sign?
34 Which one would you choose (sports) : a) soccer b) basketball c) badminton d) ice hockey
35 Which one would you choose (school subjects): a) english b) history c) maths d) PE
36 Which one would you choose (plants): a) cactus b) apple tree c) orchid d) daisy
37 Which one would you choose (animals): a) dog b) peacock c) tortoise d) zebra
38 Which kind of magical pet would you choose: a) dragon b) unicorn c) hippogriff
39 Name a fandom you’re in (it doesn’t have to be a book/series/movie fandom - bands etc. is possible, too)
40 What’s your hogwarts house?