Throwback Thursday - Some bits from the SXW Awards 2016, which Jack hosted along with Rachel Quirico.
Not only was it weird to see Jack in a suit but it was so cool to see him host such an important show and act in a more professional way, even without losing his personality (exhibit A: second and third gifs haha). He overcame his fears and was a brilliant host. Looking forward to more occasions like this one :D
friend: I understand that you have a mental illness, and I understand that you can’t control these things and that’s totally okay. me: *exhibits a minor symptom*
friend, shaking and crouching down in a corner: ca n yoU fuckiN g CHILL OUT damn sTOP bei nG mentally iLL for tWo minU TES of youR DAMN lifE !!!!
1. Exhibit integrity – A person is said to have integrity if what they say and what they do are rooted in the same set of core values.
2. Don’t speak badly of others – If you speak badly about others to a friend, the chances are you’ll also speak badly about them. Hence, they are likely to be hesitant in what they share with you.
3. Be an optimist – This doesn’t mean burying your head in the sand. It meanschoosing not to dwell on the negatives, and actively looking for the positives.
4. Make the effort to be helpful – Life is so much sweeter if you’re thoughtful and kind – and we rarely forget someone who’s caring and warm.
5. Set some goals and have some ambition - This is an extremely contagious quality. Not only will you achieve higher goals for yourself, you’ll give hope to others, and inspire them to try.
6. Seek to be compassionate and understanding – All of us face battles and experience hard times. Empathising with others when life is tough helps to ease their burden and renew their inner spark.
7. Believe in, love and respect yourself - If you don’t accept, respect and love yourself, then you’ll send out vibes that you’re inadequate. However, it you love, believe in and treat yourself well then it’s likely that others will treat you that way, too.
8. Persist until you succeed – Although ambition is important, it is not enough. You have to persevere if you’re going to succeed. So when you stumble or fall down just get up and start again. Then keep on going till you finally succeed.
9. Be open minded and willing to learn - If you’re closed in your thinking and set in your ways then you’ll never discover a different, better way .. and you’ll close yourself off to other possibilities.
10. Take responsibility for your life - Blaming others for your problems, or acting like a victim won’t help you to move forwards, and have the life you want. Take control of your destiny. Success is up to you.
Peter always taking you out to see the newest Sci-Fi films and definitely the newest Star Wars (but it’s his second time seeing it, since he promised Ned he would always see it with him first)
“Peter, can I please see Star Wars again in the theaters with you and [Y/N]?
“No, Ned! It’s a date… between two people only!”
“But it’s my favorite!”
“Ned, you say that about every Star Wars movie!”
Always finishing the popcorn before or during the previews
Peter constantly making sure you are comfortable and have the best seat in the house (this means getting to Star Wars showings at least an hour early)
“Are you cold? Do you want my jacket? Can you see the screen okay?”
“The man in front of us has a giant hat on, and I can’t see over it!”
“Excuse me, sir. Do you mind taking your hat off? My girlfr- NED! What are you doing here?”
“Hi, guys! How’s your dateeee?”
Finally giving in and letting Ned sit next to you during Star Wars (Peter and Ned regularly looking over at you for your reaction to their favorite scenes)
NEVER doing anything naughty in the theaters because you both want to respect the actors, directors, and all the hard work put into the film PLUS you wouldn’t want to miss anything important!
However, you often hold Peter’s hand or lay your head on his shoulder (or vice versa)
Peter shout-whispering to you when something awesome happens in the film
“Aw, man! Did you see that? That was so cool!”
Occasionally watching Peter instead of the movie. The look of pure amusement and enlightenment on his face. Adorable.
After the movie, you set aside a half an hour (or an hour for Star Wars) to have long discussions about your favorite parts, the science, the filming, the music, or how the film made you question the meaning of life
“Babe, that movie was amazing! My mind is officially blown. We should go to my apartment right now and try to creat-”
Always Every once in awhile you have to kiss him to prevent him from rambling on about the movie too much
An alternative view on Will not being ‘canonly’ gay: an analysis
Yo everyone. This has spoilers so I’m gonna do the line break thingo majig BUT I think it’s super important that we remember a few things about the context of ST before we start to get mad that Will isn’t ‘canonly’ gay. PLEASE READ. Spoilers below the link.
Much has been written about Trump having narcissistic personality disorder. As critics have pointed out, merely saying a leader is narcissistic is hardly disqualifying. But malignant narcissism is like a malignant tumor: toxic.
Psychoanalyst and Holocaust survivor Erich Fromm, who invented the diagnosis of malignant narcissism, argues that it “lies on the borderline between sanity and insanity.” Otto Kernberg, a psychoanalyst specializing in borderline personalities, defined malignant narcissism as having four components: narcissism, paranoia, antisocial personality and sadism. Trump exhibits all four.
His narcissism is evident in his “grandiose sense of self-importance … without commensurate achievements.” From viewing cable news, he knows "more about ISIS than the generals” and believes that among all human beings on the planet, “I alone can fix it.” His “repeated lying," “disregard for and violation of the rights of others” (Trump University fraud and multiple sexual assault allegations) and “lack of remorse” meet the clinical criteria for anti-social personality. His bizarre conspiracy theories, false sense of victimization, and demonization of the press, minorities and anyone who opposes him are textbook paranoia. Like most sadists, Trump has been a bully since childhood, and his thousands of vicious tweets make him perhaps the most prolific cyber bully in history.
i just dont understand how someone can read “hey sometimes because of our disorder we treat people Bad and we dont mean to do it and do everything in our power not to act this way but sometimes it happens, because sometimes we dont have control over it, and we feel extremely shitty about it and apologize and do our best to rectify it” and somehow see it as “kek im allowed to abuse people i LOVE abusing people and if u say anything ur an Ableist Monster! mwhaha take THAT” like…………um
The Harry Potter Exhibition is currently in The Netherlands and me and @wingedyera paid it a visit today! We were acting like two little kids. We were so happy to be there :D A Slytherclaw and a Ravenpuff in their natural habitat.
These are some horrible phone pictures, but I wanted to share them anyway.