Wayne Brady may be in joining the cast of Lin-Manuel Miranda‘s über sold-out musical Hamilton, but that doesn’t mean his friends can expect free tickets.
The 44-year-old actor — who begins performances as Aaron Burr (sir) in the Chicago cast of the historical hip-hopera on Tuesday — recorded told TMZ that he’s not the one to come to for handouts.
“I don’t get no damn comps,” he said in the clip. “Specifically, let me repeat that now: I don’t get no damn comps. Either you have to be related to me by blood or we’re sleeping together, and then you will get a free ticket.”
Brady, an Emmy winner for his work on the improv hit Whose Line Is It Anyway?, is scheduled for a three-month run in Chicago’s Hamilton — which opened Setember 27 at the PrivateBank Theatre. His last performance is set through April 9.
“I have been ready for this role since I saw Leslie [Odom Jr.] do it when it first opened,” he told TMZ. “I’ve wanted to do this so, so badly.”
His 13-year-old daughter, Maile Masako Brady, has also wanted her father to do Hamilton so, so badly. A Hamilton-superfan, Brady recounted how she jumped out of bed screaming “Oh God — we’re going to Chicago! We’re going to Chicago!” when she learned the news.
Come out to The Cloudtop Vista for “A Night in the Clouds” featuring Marcellain Chevallier! Sit back, relax, have a drink or a snack, and enjoy your second home while you watch a seasoned entertainer work his magic.
Doors open at 9pm EST, first performance is at 9:30pm.
- No matter how much cutting edge technology, skill or talent you have, without experience, you can’t really teach (learn if from Webber, Minnick)
- No matter how good of a resident/doctor/surgeon you are, you don’t have superpowers. Sometimes things just don’t work out. Bad outcomes are part of the job and a really important part of the education of a resident
- Arizona is actively being a peds surgeon again?
- What was the point of having Leah Murphy back again? As if the show wasn’t already overcrowded 🙄
- Perhaps GSMH should prioritise getting the right people to do the job before thinking about teaching. An ortho performing abdominal surgery on a 9 year old and a trauma surgeon being chief of General Surgery aren’t really promising signs of excellence and good qualifications
- Catherine changes her mind about April like she changes cities
- Has Alex got his job back or not? Haven’t the court papers been back yet?
- Has Maggie been spending so much time with Meredith that she’s learned how to be bitter and rude?
- Have Maggie and Meredith completely ignored that Amelia is “missing”? No one gets to bang their heads this week guys, sorry, we are closed for neuro
- GSMH trains trauma surgeons to perform elective surgery on cancer patients? Impressive Chuck Norris style surgeons. How many hours of training do they get a week to be skilled in so many different specialties?
- Nobody cares about Ben and Bailey’s marriage
- This season has had one of the worst continuity, writing and storytelling I ever remember seeing
A fourth adaptation for TSUKIUTA. STAGE has been confirmed, and it will feature all 12 members from Six Gravity and Procellarum together, and will be held from October 11 to 15, 2017 (a total of 9 performances) at the ZEPP Blue Theater Roppongi!