for the artistic gymnasts as rhythmic gymnasts thingy, dunno how it slipped my mind but Kudry is Aliya, I had already made a post about this, like
- same b-day (september 30th)
- both have an olympian father
- both master of nerves, queens of death stare, cold blooded to the extent it’s like WhAT ?
(^do you see that ? how she stays like forever on her perfect relevé like whaaaaaat ?? ok we leave you here Yana and we’ll come back in an hour or so have fun sidescaling)
- both AA world champs on their first senior year
(yeah bish I’m so fab they’re stanning)
- both had to fight super hard to come back from career-ending injuries and you just know not everybody could’ve made it
- retired ? not ? what’s going on ?
- both deemed cold or arrogant or what BS, bc they are BAMF, also very mature, don’t take things for granted, Yana has always said she knew she wasn’t irreplaceable and she had to work hard to keep her place in the national team even though she was a multiple world champion
(^in this very last olympic routine, Yana showed more emotions than in her entire career, she said that since she knew she wouldn’t get the gold after the mistake during her clubs routine, she was finally able to relax and enjoy the performance and like, I liked her before, but this made me completely fall in love with her)
- mother figure to their younger teammates (Yana with Ermolova, Aliya with Spiri/Seda/Melka)
(^look, she’s happy for her lil minion Spiri)
- just high level of badassery and “it” factor (ugh I know, sounds so douchey but it’s true)