perce-cannot-draw-but-whatever

《Poppies In July》

《七月的罌粟》

Little poppies, little hell flames,


小小的罌粟,如地獄的火燄,

Do you do no harm?

你是無害的吧?

You flicker. I cannot touch you.

你閃爍。我不能接近。


I put my hands among the flames. Nothing burns

我把手放在火舌中。沒有感覺。

And it exhausts me to watch you

光是看著你我就覺得很累


Flickering like that, wrinkly and clear red, like the skin of a mouth.

搖曳著,皺巴巴的豔紅的,如口一般的皮膚。

A mouth just bloodied.

一個血染的口。


Little bloody skirts!

一個血染的短裙!

There are fumes I cannot touch.

我也不能觸碰你的煙薰。


Where are your opiates, your nauseous capsules?

你使人麻醉的成份、使人作嘔的容器呢?

If I could bleed, or sleep! 

但願我可以流血,或是入睡!


If my mouth could marry a hurt like that!

但願我可以感受到那種痛楚!

Or your liquors seep to me, in this glass capsule,

就讓你的沈迷滲透我的血液,在這個玻璃容器


Dulling and stilling.

晦暗而沈寂。

But colorless. Colorless.

但無色地、無色地。

Messing around with this online drawing website and my tablet. Also procrastinating. While Crash Course 2,000 years of China was playing in the background.

The phrase ‘larger than life’ has haunted me ever since I’ve read the book. How can a life form outlive life itself? And how can life be larger than life itself? Or is it that Alaska’s life was so much larger than Pudge’s? But was it more fulfilling or complete than his? These are questions that I will never have an answer for, and will then, haunt me for as long as I shall remember this book. 
I guess things like these are the sole reason why I always revisit books and why I constantly mull over just one single word.

Today I went to McDonalds for a late lunch (around 3pm?)
There was this beautiful mother and this kid with insanely curly hair (immediate thought: this is Darren Criss when he was 5) behind me in the queue.

Kid: Mom!! Can I have a Happy Meal? Pleaseeeeeee?
Mom: Honey, you’re too old for a Happy Meal.
Kid: But….
(My turn to order)
Me: Can I have a Happy Meal please?