“Tell That Devil” Curse
A revenge spell for someone who hurt you to the point of breaking your soul and draining your light. Inspired by the song “Tell That Devil” by the Nashville Cast/Jill Andrews. This was designed with a specific person in mind, change it however you see fit.
- 3 black candles
- 1 lighter/matches
- A pinch of pepper seeds (hot peppers preferably)
- A piece of a fallen hornet’s nest (can usually be found on the ground in autumn)
- 1 rusty nail
- 1 piece of paper
- 1 writing utensil
- 1 small vial
- Something to place burning paper safely
- A spot of ground that the sunlight doesn’t touch
1. Write the victim’s name on the piece of paper. Place the seeds and hornet’s nest on the paper and fold it up as best you can. Light the three candles.
2. Begin reciting the incantation:
“You broke my soul, you poisoned my light, you blackened my heart. Now you will pay. [Victim’s name], I curse you and send you back to hell. I ask of the devil that he receive you. Feel the pain you have forced upon me tenfold. You will suffer for your evil-doings…”
3. Thrust the rusty nail into the folded paper as many times as you like, just make sure nothing falls out.
“… Feel the coffin nails pierce you…”
4. Light the folded paper on fire with the flames of the candles.
“… Feel the hellfire on your skin…”
5. Place the burning paper in the holder and wait until it is ash. Collect the ashes into the vial. Seal the vial and bury it in the spot of ground you’ve chosen that is never touched by sunlight.
“… And now I bury you in the ground, see you in hell.”