given that we didn't get a skam eurovision update because of the hiatus (boo!), please could you tell us about even and isak watching eurovision? (because i'm sure that they must have!)
- for sure Isak was planning on a nice quiet night in, definitely not watching Eurovision and definitely carefully trying to make out with Even because his nose hurts and kissing isn’t the easiest thing to do right now. it’s just that Even looks so cute tucking Isak in on the couch, making him pancakes and yelling possible solutions to painful noses that he’s read on the internet from the kitchen that Isak just can’t resist. there’s too much ow, ouch, not there and not enough tongue but Isak’s satisfied with it still.
- except then the boys arrive, strolling into the living room like they were invited, catching Isak still lying underneath a blanket on the couch, looking and feeling sorry for himself and just in the middle of telling Even just how much his nose hurts in the saddest voice he can muster red handed.
- Jonas raises his eyebrows in what Isak thinks is a very judgmental manner and he quickly throws back the blanket, mumbles a cool, it’s not so bad, really while trying to casually push the plate with one heart-shaped pancake left on it still underneath the couch with his feet. the boys graciously pretend to not see him do it.
- Magnus has eleven pride flags painted on his face. Isak decides not to ask. there’s also a European union flag on his forehead. Isak decides not to tell him Norway isn’t even in the European union. he keeps yelling about Isak having to enjoy Eurovision now that he lives together with a dude. Isak decides to tell him to stop.
- as a matter of fact, he’s close to kicking them all out when Mahdi tells him they’ve brought both Eurovision snacks and Eurovision alcohol and presses a beer in Isak’s hand. Isak scoots over to make some room then.
- Mahdi actually turns out to be an avid Eurovision watcher and he’s just in the process of explaining them the complicated voting system using differently colored candy when there’s a knock on the door. Isak would open it himself but, you know, he is very hurt and very sad and getting up from the couch is asking too much of him right now and so Even sighs and gets up to answer whoever’s there. Isak swears he can hear Jonas mumble the softest whipped as fuck but he can’t be sure.
- it’s Eskild who walks in then. Eskild, who Isak remembers promised him he wouldn’t spontaneously come over this particular weekend. he’s wearing a lot of feathers and barely even acknowledges Isak before he starts handing out score cards that he’s apparently typed up himself. Isak is especially appalled by the would we do them? (this includes any people wearing an animal head!!!!) category but decides he can deal with rating the song and outfit and use of violin.
- they all end up in a big pile in the living room, Isak cosy between Even and Mahdi, who seem to have taken it upon themselves to make sure Isak doesn’t have to go more than five minutes without being asked if his nose hurts a lot and if he needs anything. Magnus mostly just yells at him to remember to fill in his score card.
- and Isak isn’t so into it at first, finds there to be a lot of glitter and a lot of dramatic pauses but he still finds himself yelling at the screen about douze points and traitors and fake saxophones when the clock hits twelve. Even kisses him on the cheek then, tells him, you’re a sexophone, and everything’s great really, even with a painful nose.