SO YES the golf bag is real and it is so much better than I could have imagined.
1. It’s the most awful pattern of black and white. I hope this isn’t something they actually market, because…look at that. Also, it lacks gold trim or red highlights–both of which we know a certain someone is a fan of.
2. His name is on it in freaking impact font like it’s some sort of garbage meme.
3. His name is President Trump–meaning that if/when he leaves, it’s either going to stick with him as a reminder of his failures and the worst four-or-fewer years of his life, or it’s going to be sold and discarded like the rubbish that is his tenure.
4. His name is on a golf bag. This is his legacy.
5. They have the “Stanley Cup Champions” there to remind him of what quality looks like. They’re tooting their own horn, signing this piece of magnificent trolling like a professional graffiti artist tagging their work.
6. I can’t get over the Adidas logo for some reason. It’s just…up there at the top. Garish, gaudy, another piece of product placement along with everything else. Trump doesn’t even get to have his name adorning this thing along, it’s crowded in there with two other logos.
7. They gave him a golf bag instead of a jersey. They broke with a longstanding tradition to give him a half-joke, half-insult.
I’m proud of them for this. It’s so hideous.