So, @sebastianshoe said it was her birthday this Sunday. Guess what that means?! You guessed it - birthdays with the Marauders (during their school years) headcanons! Happy Birthday, friend! And for anyone else that has a birthday coming up, enjoy! - Addie
- Sirius gets you a couple of overly expensive gifts “Because I can. What better to spend my family’s money on than gifts for my half-blood and muggle-born friends?!”
- James organizes a huge party in the common room. We’re talking music, games, and firewhiskey galore.
- Remus gives you some chocolate from his personal stash. He doesn’t say so, of course, but you recognize the label and are very thankful because you know how precious chocolate is to that boy.
- Peter makes you a card. It’s not the best, but it’s from the heart and he’s so proud if himself when he presents it to you that you can’t help but grin.
-They all chip in to get you gag gift.
- “Happy Birthday, Y/N!” Sirius exclaims.
- “You…got me a…SET OF DENTURES?!”
- Siri and James burst out laughing.
- Peter joins in because he’s a crowd follower.
- Rem chuckles politely but stops when he sees the look on your face.
- The laugher dies down as the others notice your lack of amusement.
- “Aw, come on, Y/N!” James sighs.
- “It was only a joke, Love!” Sirius rubs his thumb along your cheek.
- You play up being hurt and pout while giving your best puppy dog eyes.
- Sirius sighs as James rolls his eyes because “Come on, Y/N, we all know who the puppy around here is. It’s not working. We’re immune.”
- You continue to pout, refusing to give up.
- “Fine. Here’s your real gift.” Sirius says before pulling a small box from his robes. It’s dark red velvet, about the size of your palm.
- “We all chipped in!” Peter excitedly informs you.
- “Oh, you guys! I love it! And I love you!”
- You initiate a group hug after looking in the box one more time. Inside is your birth stone on a delicate silver chain.
- “Here, let me put it on you.” Rem offers before carefully moving your hair to the side and engaging the small clasp.
- “It really looks lovely on you, Y/N.” Sirius says as he admires the stone hanging at your chest.
- “Yeah, you really are pretty!” Peter exclaims.
- “Really does look nice, Love. Right! Enough of this mush. Let’s party!” James says after a moment.
- “Ever the thoughtful friend, eh, Prongs?” Sirius smirks at his brother, ever the eager party starter.
- “Sod off, Pads.” James rolls his eyes and sends Peter up to the dorm to grab what he calls “supplies”.
- Rem snorts at the exchange; It’s a well-known fact that Sirius and James always bicker like an old married couple.
- Peter returns with the “supplies”: firewhiskey and chocolate frogs.
- James rubs his hands together. “Let’s do this!”
- Sirius calls you just as the bottle is opened. “Hey, Y/N! Look beind you!”
- You turn to see Rem coming down from the dorm (When did he leave anyway?) with a small chocolate cake and a single candle in the center as the boys begin singing “Happy Birthday”.
- “Make a wish, Love!” Remus says.
- “Yeah, Y/N! Anything you want!” Sirius supplies.
- “It’s tradition!” Peter adds.
- James smirks. “Gonna wish Snivellous gets a fat nose?”
- You all yell at him. (Really? Now? Today?) “JAMES!”
- James rolls his eyes. “Ugh, fine. You’re all no fun!”
- The boys sing loudly and a bit off-key, but whole-heartedly:
- “HAAAAPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAAAAPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIIIIRTHDAY, DEAR Y/N, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOOOO YOOOOOOOOUUUUU!!!”
- By now you’ve teared up at your sweet friends. Since when did the Marauders, notorious pranksters and the most daring and talented students Hogwarts has ever seen, become such softies?
- You tears are interrupted however as everyone bursts into laugher when Sirius belts out the last “You,” which turns into a howl.
- The night ends with the five of you eating cake and chocolate frogs and drinking firewhiskey, laughing and sharing favorite stories and pranks over the years.
- You all wake up in the common room, fire down to embers, a tangled mass of limbs in a heap on the floor.
- You look around to see James’ glasses on a table, his and Sirius’ hair going in fifty different directions. You wish you had a camera as the two are spooning. (Sirius is the little spoon. He loves to be cuddled!) Peter is curled by a chair, while Remus is wrapped behind you, his face nuzzled into your neck.
- As you fall back asleep, you have one last coherent thought: You wouldn’t mind if every birthday was like this.
Forest dragon stone painting.
Almost ready, just need a few layers of lacquer and artwork will be finished (:
Painted on a semitransparent agate, it was very interesting to add miniature dragon in matching to a stone colors.