ADHD Gothic #1
- it is morning and you have decided that today is the day, today is going to be the day that you quite your life and stay in bed forever. 15 minutes later you arrive at work half an hour late.
- the drive from your house to school takes 18 minutes. you leave 25 minutes early. you still arrive at class 36 minutes late.
- you don’t sleep at night and your doctor recommends less coffee. but you can’t do it. you drink 5 cups of coffee after lunch, then take a nap for 3 hours. you don’t sleep tonight.
- the chairs in the lecture hall are older then time itself. they squeak when you move. you start to bounce your leg. everyone in the room turns and glares, but you can’t stop. your professor gives you an F. your leg continues to bounce.
- your mom calls to tell you how proud she is of you. your dad sends you an email about how proud he is of you. you start to wonder what you did wrong. but then you realize that it’s your birthday. you are twenty-six today. you could have sworn you turned 15 last year.
- your stomach growls. you haven’t eaten in 72 hours. you decide to eat but then can’t think of anything to make. you end up drinking another red bull. your stomach growls again.
- you texted your friend an hour ago and she still hasn’t replied. you are halfway through digging yourself a grave when she texts back. you realize that you sent the first text only 3 minutes ago. you put the shovel down and meet her for coffee, happy and content with life once again.
- it is morning. you want to die. your brain screams for sleep, and you surrender yourself to the blankets.
- you are Bored. but thinking of something to do is too boring, so you continue to stare at the wall. you wonder if anyone has ever died of boredom.
- ABC’s by the Jackson 5 is stuck in your head. it has been stuck in your head for 2 years now. it will not go away. every song is tainted, because all you hear is baby Michael Jackson’s voice.
- you feel like you are forgetting something, so you go to your desk to look at your reminders. the desk is covered with sticky notes. you can’t remember what color your desk is, because the sticky notes keep multiplying. you pick one up. every single sticky note says the same thing: DON’T FORGET THE THING. you wonder who is doing this to you
- the second hand moves. you can hear it. you glare at the clock. it ticks again.
- you wonder why your emotions are out of control. you’re frustrated with yourself, because you have no motivation. people are always telling you to pay attention. you wonder what is wrong with you, but then the realization hits you: you have ADHD. you have always had ADHD. you take medication for your ADHD. that is why you are having these issues. The next day, you forget again.
stay tuned for ADHD Gothic #2