If you’re familiar with this blog, you’ll know every now and then I like to post top 5 favourite lists. This is my next list I have had in mind for a while. I am very well versed in the knowlege of countless mobile suits, factions and characters from Gundam and the battleships they use are no strangers to me either. So here are my top 5 Gundam warships.
1. Ra Cailum class “Ra Cailum”. I have always loved the Ra Cailum since first watching Char’s counter attack many years ago. It is one of the first warships to lead the new, more peaceful attempt to find and take down Zeon remnants after the disaster of the Titans in the Gryps conflict. Designed with two mobile suit decks that can hold 8 suits each and defences focusing most firepower forward, this ship is intended moslty as a frontline assault fighter.
2. Argama class “Argama”. I loved this one less for its design, more for its technical advances compared to other ships. The bridge retracts in battle mode to protect those on the bridge and there are two large rotating gravity blocks which simulate artifical gravity throughout the ship, a first for any warship in Gundam.
3. Pegasus class “Albion”. The headline ship of 0083, the Albion was originally commissioned by the EFF for use during the One Year War. But because of all the advanced tech being added, the ship was not completed until 4 years after. Then it would carry the next two gundams in the UC project as part of the EFF’s reformation program.
4. Nahel Argama. There is alot and little to know of this ship. It is a one of a kind battleship with no others in the line. Created to carry a huge fleet of MS, this ship can also hold its own in battle with many fitted anti-MS cannons, artillery guns and missile launchers. Its huge size and lack of speed can be troublesome to the crew, but the large fleet of MS onboard can more than hold off all but the strongest of opponents.
5. Peacemillion. The only non-UC warship on my list, Peacemillion debuted in Gundam Wing and was the home ship of the 5 gundam pilots during the final days of the war against OZ and the White Fang rebellion. This ship could actually hold many MS, but given Howard’s choice to remain neutral to either cause he only had the 5 gundams and Noin’s Taurus on board. Its armaments consisted only of minimum power beam cannons that could barely scratch a Leo.
PEACEMILLION Unit type: space exploration ship Overall length: 3000 meters Overall height: 1000 meters Armament: beam cannon x many Mobile weapons: XXXG-00W0 Wing Gundam Zero x 1, XXXG-01D2 Gundam Deathscythe Hell x 1, XXXG-01H2 Gundam Heavyarms Kai x 1, XXXG-01S2 Altron Gundam x 1, XXXG-01SR2 Gundam Sandrock Kai x 1, SK-12SMS Taurus x 1 Mechanical designer: Junya Ishigaki
The Tallgeese engineer Howard brought out Peacemillion during the Eve Wars. It first served as Zechs Merquise’s base before he went to join White Fang and then for the Gundams.
In the final battle, the crew crashed the Peacemillion into the Libra’s main cannon. However, the massive battleship still continued on its course to Earth to finish the original Operation Meteor. The Gundam scientists sacrificed themselves by causing an explosion that killed themselves and Quinze, thus starting up Peacemillions engines.
A two mile long spacecraft owned by the Sweeper Group, an organization of space scavengers, and commanded by Duo’s ally, Howard. Though essentially unarmed, the Peacemillion makes a convenient base of operations for first Zechs and then the Gundam pilots.
In the final battle, the crew crashed the Peacemillion into the Libras main cannon. However, the massive battleship still continued on its course to Earth to finish the original Operation Meteor. The Gundam scientists sacrificed themselves by causing an explosion that killed themselves and Quinze, thus starting up Peacemillions engines.