Guys. Tonight is the night. I don’t care if you’ve watched the bootleg a hundred times or already saw it live on Broadway or in the movie theatres.
Watch 👏 Falsettos 👏 tonight 👏 on 👏 PBS 👏 at 👏 9 PM EST 👏
Showing support for proshot theatre is the only way to get more of these. Support the proshots instead of shaky illegal cam versions. Support the proshots so we don’t get horrible film adaptations with Hollywood actors who can’t sing.
And if you’ve never heard of this musical.. please watch it. It will honest to god change your life.
1) start with your lines! Remember to be fluid here, keep things organic and rounded. This will help when you start coloring!
2) Now when I color slime I choose to line in color as well as it helps create that “clear” or “jello-like” look later on.
3) I started by picking my color set! I find that having a five color set usually helps me create a smooth, goopy transition with my markers but that’s just me! Now I always start with my darkest color trying to make the centers. Ever have Gushers? Imagine you’re making that. And that’s where all your main bits are going to be. Whether they’re the biggest overlaps in body parts or where your slime’s innards are going to be.
4) Here’s where you start establishing shadows that aren’t primarily due to overlap or innards!
5) Start to round out your shadows and your centers from panel 3.
6) Continue to follow that liquid rounded feeling of your shading. Here is probably where you’ll start to reach the edges of your lines.
7) Finish with your colors and leave your established lighted areas pretty pale.
8) I feel like this could be entirely optional depending on taste but it looks really clean to me. So here I blend from darker colors to lighter colors using my colorless blender. Careful though, depending on how wet your piece is you could have some bleeding really take over your lines here.
9) Fill in any other spaces here! I.E.) clothes, facial details, markings, accessories, etc.
10) I use the Gelly Roll pens for all my high lighting but really a nice gel pen will get the job done. Again, product used is based on artist comfort in my opinion. I also usually clean up my lines in this stage as there was bleeding that occurred in the colorless blending stage!
I hope to do video tutorials in the future, but hopefully this helps out the way it needs to!
The colors I used were from the Prismacolor Premier set and were-
☆Sky Light Blue (I unfortunately could not find the number for this one)
☆PB-121 (my colorless blender)
☆ then black
My liners were from the 20 count Triplus Fineliner set (they’re pretty well priced at Michael’s and Target but at Michael’s you can usually use a 40% coupon on them!)
Then my highlight gel pen was the wonderful Gelly Roll pen! They’re pretty cheap and you can find them at most craft stores and online for about the same price across the board!
Hi hazel! Do you have any sneak peaks or previews of anything? Your writing is just so good, I miss it xD1!!
Thank you very much! Since we’ve been talking a little about it today, here is another extract from The Place Where Sunflowers Grow
Sidney pulls a face. It’s been an intense couple of weeks, with Geno forced to fly back and forth between Pittsburgh and Sochi, delivering his witness deposition before investigators decided he was of no further use to them—there was really no evidence against him. Just his friendship with Zoya, and the phone call Geno himself had reported.
“Don’t go out after the game tonight,” Sidney says impulsively. “Come to my room instead. We’ll order sushi and watch one of those movies you like so much, the one with all the cars. I’m sure one of them is on pay-per-view.”
Geno looks at him silently for a moment. After a beat, he says, “Is Fast and Furious movies, Sid. Very popular.”
He even sounds a little amused, and while it’s at his expense, Sidney is glad for it.
“Sure,” Sidney says agreeable. “So, it’s a date?” He very carefully ignores the light flush he can feel spread across his cheeks at his unfortunate choice of words, and from the stall next to Sidney’s, Flower eyes them with unabashed interest.
Two days of taking it easy. I have another busy week ahead of me at school. I want to take it easy and just spend time with the boyfriend and stay close my apartment. That pear was huge and filled me up a lot. I wasn’t hungry at lunch, so i just snacked on oreos and peanut butter. Could I have made a better choice, yes, but do I regret it. No. Today was a relaxed fun day. So I am enjoying it.
Boyfriend and I went to the main city of where I live to find a new international store. We did around 2-3 hours of walking. Got some stuff to make grilled cheese with chicken grilled cheese. And I enjoyed a single peanut butter cup for dessert.
Breakfast : Giant korean pear (120)
Lunch: 5 korean oreos (245) ½ tablespoon of pb (45)
PM Snack: Boyfriend and I shared a chou cream pastry and I had a few sips of his soda and half an arizona iced tea we found at international food.
Dinner: Two small grilled cheese with boneless fried chicken shredded and about a serving of doritos and a diet coke
Late Night: 1 reese pb cup.
Today was a rest day for exercise but we did walk a ton.
Flamboyant cuttlefish are aptly named cephalopods, able to change their camouflage from rocky speckles to this psychedelic warning display in a split second. Follow me all week during #BigBlueLive for awesome science live from Monterey Bay Aquarium! Big Blue Live airs live on PBS at 8 PM ET 8/31-9/2