-rose water, rose water, rose water!!! (did I mention rose water?) if you are looking to make your skin softer naturally, then rose water is the key
-Cruelty free baby lotion; this stuff smells AMAZING and you’ll feel all fresh and gentle immediately
-coconut oil, it might feel greasy at first but when you melt it into your skin it’s super moisturizing (only use on your body because it can break you out, but it helps with razor bumps a lot)
-water, H2O, the more water you drink, the better your skin feels!
I hope everyone is doing well, and if not, make sure you treat yo’self ;3 Here is a throwback to my bujo 2 months ago. December is coming so soon!! So fast haha~
「Quick tip: If you have a heavy, long term task, like reading a textbook, break it down to more manageable chunks and spread them out in a calendar.」
hey guys! i’ve noticed lately that a lot of gifsets/edits of moana, especially pastel ones, have been whitewashing her skin, and i know that this isn’t just a problem in moana gifs, so i thought it might be a good idea to make a comprehensive guide on how to avoid whitewashing poc/color poc in general. this guide will be split into three parts: vibrant gifs, pastel gifs, and dark gifs (any of the tips i give for gifs can be applied to edits as well – it’s even easier to avoid whitewashing poc in edits, because you can color it normally and then erase the lightening layers over the person’s skin).
-appreciate yourself ! confidence is the most powerful look you can wear, and if you want to feel royal, accept your natural beauty
-wear LONG dresses/ robes, if you can get a long silk robe… do it!!!!
-make yourself or find yourself a crown that fits you
-spruce yourself up! dress up for yourself, do your make up, make people want to be you
-be kind, but assertive, always know when to say no
-stick to finer perfumes that last long, they give you a more grown up/ royal feel
-stand up for what you believe in
-wear your hair down or in a fancy updo (you wouldn’t want pigtails, ponytails, or something with a headband)
-take care of your skin!!!
-invest in some beautiful sheets to take artistic selfies of you glowing in them
-speak properly and with appropriate projection
-write fancy letters in beautiful ink
-primp, take a lovely bath with lavender oil
1. Tidy up your desk/work area. Believe me, it’s so much easier to concentrate once your surroundings are clean and smell nice.
2. Wash your teeth and face before every study session. It will make you feel clean and more awake.
3. Keep a big bottle of water near you and stay hidrated throughout the whole session.
4. Set a few goals (not very many) to accomplish in your session. Do that in order to set a purpuse, but don’t be overoptimistic, it’s bettr to focus on your priorities.
5. Put on something that you feel comfortable in. Whatever it is, a onezie, pyjamas, tracksuit bottoms, anything that doesn’t bother you and helps you focus on work.
6. Take 20 minute breaks every one or two hours (depending on your stress level)
7. If you tend to play with/pull your hair, try to keep it up in a hairstyle that keeps it out of the way. Just figure out the best way to keep your hair out of your head (haha) for the longest time possible.
I hope this helps/helped you guys. Have a nice day!! ´･ᴗ･`
just a list of things that have helped me while struggling at community college:) hopefully these will apply for high school ADHDers too!
- don’t choose classes that you don’t love, unless absolutely necessary. uninteresting classes will kill your motivation so fast guys.
- when scheduling classes, DO NOT sign up for a class before 8am!! or even 9!! you’ll think you can do these things, but you just can’t, Nemo.
- take it easy on the redbull. energy drinks, sugar, and any other processed foods and/or drugs isn’t the best for concentration or memory or functioning in general.
- speaking of memory, it is very important to get enough sleep, because that is when memories are consolidated. specifically, get enough deep (NREM) sleep; deep sleep is when explicit and factual memories are established, while REM sleep only consolidates procedural and emotional memories. Basically, if you’re gonna skip sleep and do homework, wake up early to study, don’t stay up late.
- and while we’re talking of sleep, keep in mind a couple things: 1) yes, sleep is important but 2) you will undoubtedly not get enough so don’t cry over it and 3) this is when coffee comes in.
- and i don’t mean Starbucks, because that heavenly, fantastic shit is for much richer people. get used to strong, black coffee because it’s cheap and works better and it’s cheap.
- make friends with your professors at the BEGINNING of the term. sometimes all you gotta do is start the conversation and your grade will magically become better.
- always have a healthy snack on hand, like almonds or dried fruit.
- find yourself a sanctuary. THIS MIGHT BE MY MOST IMPORTANT TIP. on campus, things are gonna be overwhelming and hard and tiring, and you’re gonna need something or someplace to return to, where you can study, cry, get shit done, nap, stair into the endless void call Life, etc. I usually find myself a hidden corner or table or couch in each hall to claim as my territory, then camp out in in it between (and sometimes during) classes.
- always have your earbuds.
- find a study partner, not a study group.
- don’t be afraid to ask for help from tudors, peers, professors or Student Disability services. I got SSD accommodations finally after 8 terms and it SAVED MY LIFE. usually, services for students with disabilities can get you extra time on tests, note taking help, and other stuff specific to your school.
- bring a fiddle toy, coloring sheets, chewing gun, or anything else to help you sit through class. and if someone comments on your fidget cube, glare or slap them or stab their eyes out. this is college, bitch. survival of the dog-eat-dog. or something.
- on that note, do whatever you need to get through class. and i don’t mean blackmail your professor. i do mean show up to class in pajamas, or create a crazy wall with tacked-up papers and red string and crossed-out codes, or bring a pot of tea to morning yoga. usually people don’t actually care about what you do or say or look like, so just be.
- yes, color-coding + sticky notes are always a good idea.
- take your notes on paper! we all know that computer note-taking is a gateway to distraction which leads to online impulse buys and obsessive research about probably time travel. or penguin migration habits. or what colors go best with your skin tones. just, write notes in a notebook.
- last tip! have a pre-game playlist. get hyped. energize yourself so you can make through the class, the day, the week, the term, the Life. find what inspires you and don’t forget it.
Anyways, that’s all. this got a lot longer then i had planned. hope this is helpful to at least one person!! if you have any tips you wanna add, feel free:) good luck this year, my dudes.
p.s. if you find this post helpful but you don’t have adhd but you wanna reblog anyway, chill. it’s okay. reblog anyway. just everyone be respectful and fucking nice and tag correctly. i really don’t care❤️❤️❤️
-wear lots of skirts, dresses, and pastels!! it will give you a more feminine appeal no matter what you identify as
-stick to a more natural makeup look, princesses are effortless
-be kind !
-appreciate animals and nature, find the beauty in natural creations
-make yourself some sort of headwear! a crown, a veil, a flower crown, a scarf! princesses love headwear :)
-pick some wildflowers and put them in your hair
-wear velvet, silk, or fluffy dresses
-wear all of the jewelry you want
-be yourself! no matter who you are, you’re royalty to me !